OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2581 kitkat863

kitkat863
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

Thank you Emma, that's great to know! I'm going to msg him now and see what we can work out with him potentially. If you happen to feel like sharing what your budget was, and what you worked out with him, I'd love to PM with you! We are hoping to keep our photo budget around 3000.

I highly recommend contacting Gonzalo. I don't think you would have a problem doing both the wedding and trash the dress within that budget. I had originally just booked the wedding and he suggested a trash the dress session. I told him that we couldn't afford it but he went above and beyond to make it so that we could fit it into the budget. He was so amazing to work with!

#2582 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
    • 315 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

I highly recommend contacting Gonzalo. I don't think you would have a problem doing both the wedding and trash the dress within that budget. I had originally just booked the wedding and he suggested a trash the dress session. I told him that we couldn't afford it but he went above and beyond to make it so that we could fit it into the budget. He was so amazing to work with!

emma1025 definitely confirmed this, thanks kitkat!!! I am going to see if he's available in feb/march. I cannot wait until we finally decide on a resort, still awaiting quotes and to meet with our Ta, I've had to really relax because I am antsy about BOOOKIIIINGGGG!!!

#2583 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
      • 91 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Ack!!!   I am getting so frustrated with this whole trying to plan with Pilar thing!  I understand that she is busy, but taking a month in a half for a response that is incomplete is unacceptable.  After all of this time of trying to book a DJ to swap instead of the live music, she tells me 1 1/2 months ago that Doremixx is too expensive now and that they have a new inhouse DJ.  Not a problem with me, so I e-mail her and tell her that is fine.  I ask her about the sunset and if there is enough light, or if we can get lights for outside.  I just now get a response saying that she e-mailed me on March 17 saying that Doremixx was too expensive and that she never received my response about the in house.  And she said that sunset is 6:00 which is the time we are getting married, and to add lights it will be $350!  But, I am not sure if she is talking about lighting outside or inside the bamboo room (uplighting) considering I asked her about both.  

I am just so tired of waiting around for responses and they are half ass at that.  Sorry for the vent.  I know it will work out ok, but I am trying to figure out how much extra we are going to come up with and with these responses it is hard to tell.  

#2584 TFinlay

TFinlay
        • Site Supporter
        • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 

Ack!!!   I am getting so frustrated with this whole trying to plan with Pilar thing!  I understand that she is busy, but taking a month in a half for a response that is incomplete is unacceptable.  After all of this time of trying to book a DJ to swap instead of the live music, she tells me 1 1/2 months ago that Doremixx is too expensive now and that they have a new inhouse DJ.  Not a problem with me, so I e-mail her and tell her that is fine.  I ask her about the sunset and if there is enough light, or if we can get lights for outside.  I just now get a response saying that she e-mailed me on March 17 saying that Doremixx was too expensive and that she never received my response about the in house.  And she said that sunset is 6:00 which is the time we are getting married, and to add lights it will be $350!  But, I am not sure if she is talking about lighting outside or inside the bamboo room (uplighting) considering I asked her about both.  

I am just so tired of waiting around for responses and they are half ass at that.  Sorry for the vent.  I know it will work out ok, but I am trying to figure out how much extra we are going to come up with and with these responses it is hard to tell.  

Hi Brandi,

I got some great responses from Pilar by numbering my questions. Also if you ask one small uncomplicated question for each number it helps. I noticed the questions that were more complicated or that had more than one part didn't get answered as well. Hope that helps a little with the communication.

Also to everyone, I know the Trip Advisor reviews haven't been great lately but if you want a little reassurance the Monarc.ca (Canadian review site) reviews have still been pretty consistent (only one or two not so good). The link is here: http://www.monarc.ca...ml#.UYAqXJXqJNU

#2585 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
          • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hi gals,

Does anyone have any pics of the orange lounge besides what is on the website??

Thanks   :o)

#2586 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
            • 91 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Quick question...if I don't add any extra appetizers for guests over 25, so we still need to pay for their drinks?  I know it is $15pp over the 25, so is there that extra charge if I am not doing extra appetizers?

#2587 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
              • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Do you know if i can have something like you mentioned as a private even for my guests to enjoy??

#2588 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
                • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

The resort offers tequilla tastings, cigar rolling, cooking classes, sushi rolling, mixology lessons etc every afternoon.  It changes daily but yes they have offer activities like that as well as the usual pool games (zumba, v-ball etc) and land activities (beach v-ball, yoga etc). The entertainment team works very hard to ensure people are having fun!

Do you know if i can pay to have this as a private event for my guests??

#2589 Mlite83

Mlite83
                  • 384 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I don't know for sure but I would guess you could arrange a private event for an additional fee.

#2590 Carolzinha18

Carolzinha18
                    • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Yes, it's $15 per person plus the 26% tax. I read on the threat that you don't have to order extra since it's more than enough food (of course , depends how big is the party)

I am having 60 guests and to be safe , I am ordering extras for 10 people only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users