Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2551 Mlite83

Mlite83
  • Jr. Member
  • 384 posts

    Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

    Originally Posted by khunt29 

    Oops clicked too early

    We have hired PIC for our photos so we aren't using the resort photog for the wedding. Pilar said we could use him for something else but for one hour only. So we're thinking of having him cover one hour of our dancing, or if not then she suggested a photo shoot another time, either for us or for our guests. Just something to think about, she said he has done beach "photo shoots" with guests in the past, so that's an option..


    We used it for a TTD at the resort (ocean, pools etc) and our photog from Adventure gave us more than an hour, probably almost 2 so he could get everything he wanted in.  Pilar is probably just be cautious not to overbook them as they are a separate business entity. I would be surprised if they actually kept time to 1 hr.



    #2552 remykion

    remykion
    • Newbie
    • 124 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now jade
    • LocationMexico

    Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

    Originally Posted by Mlite83 


    We used it for a TTD at the resort (ocean, pools etc) and our photog from Adventure gave us more than an hour, probably almost 2 so he could get everything he wanted in.  Pilar is probably just be cautious not to overbook them as they are a separate business entity. I would be surprised if they actually kept time to 1 hr.

    Mlite,

     

    We have decided not to have a private reception due to budgets and that we are having a big reception on our return, however we will be making a reservation in one of the restaurants for our 21 guests, I appreciate that there is a set up fee of 20 usd per person.  as you have already been there is there any of the restaurants that you would reccommend? or is there any restaurants that you would strongly advise to steer clear of?

     

    We would consider paying the extra fee to have this more private on the terrace of our chosen retaurant just so that we can play songs off our ipod as we wouldnt be able to do this otherwise but again this will depend on finances when the final invoice comes through.

     

    xx



    #2553 Mlite83

    Mlite83
    • Jr. Member
    • 384 posts

      Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

      Originally Posted by remykion 

      Mlite,

       

      We have decided not to have a private reception due to budgets and that we are having a big reception on our return, however we will be making a reservation in one of the restaurants for our 21 guests, I appreciate that there is a set up fee of 20 usd per person.  as you have already been there is there any of the restaurants that you would reccommend? or is there any restaurants that you would strongly advise to steer clear of?

       

      We would consider paying the extra fee to have this more private on the terrace of our chosen retaurant just so that we can play songs off our ipod as we wouldnt be able to do this otherwise but again this will depend on finances when the final invoice comes through.

       

      xx


      It really depends on your preference for food - my group enjoyed all of the restaurants (and we had a couple of foodies). Several of our experienced travellers were very impressed with the quality of food even from the buffet.  I think my favourite was Capers (Italian) or Spice (Asian).  We were there for 7 nights but with Welcome Dinner, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Dinner, and a Private dinner on beach, I didn't have a chance to try everywhere!

       

      If you like Asian cuisine Spice is great and the terrace is private and has a very intimate atmosphere overlooking giant koi ponds.  Many of our younger guests ate here a few times since they could do do the regular menu one night and then the tappenaki tables (different menu) another night.

      Menu choices here - sushi, pad thai, udon noodles, seasame chicken etc. 

       

      Mercure the French restaurant is also very good but it very decadent food so be prepared for everyone to be in a food coma by the time your are done (and service is slower, as they really play into the "French" vibe) - about 2.5 hours for our group of 6 the night we went.  This restaurant also has a terrace which overlooks the garden so that could be a very nice option for a private dinner if you went that way.

      Menu choices here - filet mignon, salmon, chicken in puff pastry...probably more traditional "wedding" food.

       

      Cin-Cin and Capers are side by side (in the same stretch of building as the buffet) and are both excellent in food, service and decor but more of my guests preferred Capers.  Downfall to either of these is no terrace for outdoor dining.

      Menu: Capers does amazing osso bucco and more traditional Italian fare like stuffed pasta.

      Menu: Cin-Cin has seafood (ie swordfish) and stuffed chicken.

       

      I never made it to the Mexican restaurant but our guests that did enjoyed it.  The buffet featured Mexican cuisine regularly so I didn't feel as compelled to try it out.

       

      Hopefully that helps!



      #2554 remykion

      remykion
      • Newbie
      • 124 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now jade
      • LocationMexico

      Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

      Originally Posted by Mlite83 


      It really depends on your preference for food - my group enjoyed all of the restaurants (and we had a couple of foodies). Several of our experienced travellers were very impressed with the quality of food even from the buffet.  I think my favourite was Capers (Italian) or Spice (Asian).  We were there for 7 nights but with Welcome Dinner, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Dinner, and a Private dinner on beach, I didn't have a chance to try everywhere!

       

      If you like Asian cuisine Spice is great and the terrace is private and has a very intimate atmosphere overlooking giant koi ponds.  Many of our younger guests ate here a few times since they could do do the regular menu one night and then the tappenaki tables (different menu) another night.

      Menu choices here - sushi, pad thai, udon noodles, seasame chicken etc. 

       

      Mercure the French restaurant is also very good but it very decadent food so be prepared for everyone to be in a food coma by the time your are done (and service is slower, as they really play into the "French" vibe) - about 2.5 hours for our group of 6 the night we went.  This restaurant also has a terrace which overlooks the garden so that could be a very nice option for a private dinner if you went that way.

      Menu choices here - filet mignon, salmon, chicken in puff pastry...probably more traditional "wedding" food.

       

      Cin-Cin and Capers are side by side (in the same stretch of building as the buffet) and are both excellent in food, service and decor but more of my guests preferred Capers.  Downfall to either of these is no terrace for outdoor dining.

      Menu: Capers does amazing osso bucco and more traditional Italian fare like stuffed pasta.

      Menu: Cin-Cin has seafood (ie swordfish) and stuffed chicken.

       

      I never made it to the Mexican restaurant but our guests that did enjoyed it.  The buffet featured Mexican cuisine regularly so I didn't feel as compelled to try it out.

       

      Hopefully that helps!

      Oh wow! this helps so much. Thank you for the detailed breakdown, it gives me a fab insight without being there myself. 

       

      Because we get married at 11am, we have decided to do cocktail hour with hor deuvres at about 12ish (although we wont be paying for the cocktails when guests can get them at a bar)

       

      and then I have asked for a section of the buffet restaurant to be reserved for lunch at 1pm so that we can all have a toast to celebrate and keep the group together for a an hour or 2.

       

      then 3-6.30pm I have allowed for free time and chance for the group to freshen up

       

      and then 7pm group dinner at one of the restaurants.  i think once I have decided which one I might suggest to my group to avoid this one for the 4 days that we are there before we get married so that it will be somehing different for us all on the day.

       

      Once again thank you so much,, i really appreciate this information.

       

      Sarah

      x



      #2555 ChocoTaco7568

      ChocoTaco7568
      • Member
      • 955 posts

        Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

        Quote:

        Originally Posted by EJay2013 

        Can't wait until your wedding review Tova and Shannon! I have received a lot of information from each of you!!!

        Glad I could help so far. Your wedding is right around the corner!

        Originally Posted by khunt29 

        eeeeek we leave in 4 weeks from yesterday!!!

        Had a half hour call w Pilar yesterday and I'm feeling pretty good. A word of advice, her written communication is far worse than her verbal, so I highly recommend arranging a phone call with her to hash out details. She is very thorough and followed up with an email. I have found that if I have been very directive in my emails, she is very clear. One thing about the resort photog, as I have seen a few posts lately...we have hired Derek Campbell (PIC)

        I've been back and forth as to whether or not I should bother with a phone call, primarily because it's not in writing and I assume I will end up having the same conversation hashing out the details during our onsite meeting, but I'm glad to read that she followed up via email.  I think I'll give her a call, especially since it's been 2 weeks since I submbitted my wedding planning form and haven't heard back from her yet.



        #2556 TFinlay

        TFinlay
        • Site Supporter
        • 57 posts

          Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

          Originally Posted by CassidyKristen 

          We are leaving tomorrow for Now Jade.. did our legal paperwork this morning and our wedding is on Monday, April 29th! I can't believe it is finally here :) I will share my review when we return. My biggest concern is getting through the airport with my wedding dress and 6 month old son.

          Have an amazing time! 



          #2557 hortonk

          hortonk
          • Newbie
          • 87 posts

            Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

            Originally Posted by annettea1021 

            Thank you for the feed back. What TA are you working with?? & yea you're right... thats really my worry that someone will possibly be bumped!  

            I am a travel agent haha but I did not book my own group that would just be a nightmare, so I had one of my collegues book it for us. I work at AMA Travel in Calgary Canada we are affiliated with AAA in the states :)



            #2558 soon2beMrsR

            soon2beMrsR
            • Newbie
            • 9 posts

              Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

              Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

              Quote:

              Glad I could help so far. Your wedding is right around the corner!

              I've been back and forth as to whether or not I should bother with a phone call, primarily because it's not in writing and I assume I will end up having the same conversation hashing out the details during our onsite meeting, but I'm glad to read that she followed up via email.  I think I'll give her a call, especially since it's been 2 weeks since I submbitted my wedding planning form and haven't heard back from her yet.

              I submitted mine almost 4 weeks ago and re submitted it 2 weeks ago and still have not heard back from her! I am just trusting all you other brides who keep saying don't worry! I have so much to get done on my end still for menus and programs and whatnot that I don't really have time to worry! I feel the same way about the phone.... I prefer it in writing :)



              #2559 EmmA1025

              EmmA1025
              • Newbie
              • 133 posts

                Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

                hey ladies!

                 So i offically booked gonzalo nunez as my photographer! So excited to work with him!! We are using him for the wedding day coverage and a few days after the wedding well be going to a centoe to do a TTD session. Im also leave in 13 days to now jade for our site inspection/ meet pilar/ and vacation.. WOOHOOOO cant wait to go relax ! I think after i meet with her and see everything in person and actually get to ask all the questions i want and get a response on the spot ill feel so much better. ill give everyone details when i return.



                #2560 MrsShoreytobe

                MrsShoreytobe
                • Jr. Member
                • 315 posts

                  Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

                  Originally Posted by EmmA1025 

                  hey ladies!

                   So i offically booked gonzalo nunez as my photographer! So excited to work with him!! We are using him for the wedding day coverage and a few days after the wedding well be going to a centoe to do a TTD session. Im also leave in 13 days to now jade for our site inspection/ meet pilar/ and vacation.. WOOHOOOO cant wait to go relax ! I think after i meet with her and see everything in person and actually get to ask all the questions i want and get a response on the spot ill feel so much better. ill give everyone details when i return.

                  Great news Emma! I've been checking into local photographers based on the great reviews here and Gonzalo was one of them I really liked. Do you mind me asking how he quoted you on working for most of the wedding day and a TTD?






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users