Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1441 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Mlite83... 1 week to go, I'm so excited for you. How are you holding up?

#1442 juicybride

juicybride
    • 76 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 31, 2014
    • Wedding Location:NOW JADE
    • LocationCanada

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

We paid about 1450 all in for 1 wk with flight, transfers etc.  We are booked thru Air Transat.

That's a good deal. By transfers do you mean transportation from the airport to the resort? 

#1443 Mlite83

Mlite83
    • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Yup - I know jade includes transfers for the bride and groom but this way we all get to go to the resort together (and guests don't have another detail to worry about).

#1444 juicybride

juicybride
      • 76 posts
      • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Do you happen to know what company you are using for the transfer?

#1445 chantal09

chantal09
      • 192 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by juicybride 

I was also thinking of re-using the medallions since they're about $85 each! I thought they would look nice on either ends of the head table. And I was going to use the flowers on the ceremony table for the cake table or guestbook table.

A lot of my guests are thinking that it's too early for deposits but I really want to secure the rooms. It makes me feel better to know that other brides were that early too. I just don't want to wait too long and risk the rooms being fully booked. 

We had the divine package and the flower medallions were free, and the ceremony table just had one of the centerpieces from the reception so that wasn't additional cost either.

#1446 Caroline1118

Caroline1118
        • Site Supporter
        • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

By the way, is anybody using an outdoor florist? They seem to be much cheaper than the resort prices but I can't find a lot of reviews about them. I remember someone mentioned Flores Riviera Mayan before and I could only find 2 reviews about them. Their flowers look beautiful and reasonably priced. Anyone else find better florists? 

I contacted a few external vendors and decided to go with Marvin.   I sent them a picture of what I had in mind and they each quoted me their prices. Since they were higher than I anticipated, they worked with me to adjust the types of flowers (using less expensive ones) to help meet my budget.  Marvin was the most competitive as far as pricing and I just fell in love with the centerpiece that he arranged for my wedding.   Great customer service! Feel free to contact any of them.

1.      Vanessa Jaimes - info@vanessajaimes.com

2.      Cherry Blossom - sales@cherryblossom.com.mx

3.      Maya Diseno Floral (Marvin) - marvin@mayafloral.com

4.      Floreria Jardin (Eduardo) - floreriajardin@hotmail.com

5.      Floreria Riviera (Alina) - info@floresrivieramaya.com

#1447 Mlite83

Mlite83
          • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Do you happen to know what company you are using for the transfer?

Its through the airline (Air Transat) but my TA said it will likely be Nolitours (which is a subsidiary of Air Transat). We didn't book it - our TA took care of everything in our package price.  Sorry that probably isn't very helpful :)

#1448 chantal09

chantal09
            • 192 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ladies,

here is my full review : http://www.bestdesti...un/reviews/6903

if you have any questions let me know!

#1449 juicybride

juicybride
              • 76 posts
              • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline1118 

I contacted a few external vendors and decided to go with Marvin.   I sent them a picture of what I had in mind and they each quoted me their prices. Since they were higher than I anticipated, they worked with me to adjust the types of flowers (using less expensive ones) to help meet my budget.  Marvin was the most competitive as far as pricing and I just fell in love with the centerpiece that he arranged for my wedding.   Great customer service! Feel free to contact any of them.

1.      Vanessa Jaimes - info@vanessajaimes.com

2.      Cherry Blossom - sales@cherryblossom.com.mx

3.      Maya Diseno Floral (Marvin) - marvin@mayafloral.com

4.      Floreria Jardin (Eduardo) - floreriajardin@hotmail.com

5.      Floreria Riviera (Alina) - info@floresrivieramaya.com

Thank you, I got a few quotes from Alina & Vanessa already. I will try Marvin and see what he quotes me. Have a lot of past brides used him? There aren't a lot of reviews in the vendor reviews sextion for flowers.

Originally Posted by chantal09 

We had the divine package and the flower medallions were free, and the ceremony table just had one of the centerpieces from the reception so that wasn't additional cost either.

That's good news! I had no idea that the medallions were included in the divine package. That saves me a ton. Thanks for the FYI!

Attached Files

#1450 superlawyer87

superlawyer87
              • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

I don't think this is true. Are you sure about this? I'm having a symbolic ceremony and I am not arriving 3 days prior. Where did you hear this?

I am pretty sure that is the case. My Travel Agent who has a long standing relationship with Pilar and NOW jade told me that it is 3 days for symbolic and 4 days otherwise. However, if you have everything covered with Pilar, then I'm sure she would tell you if there was an issue.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users