OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1091 epauletto

• 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

For the additional hour of the reception?

The additional hour for the DJ...

#1092 Meagan816

• 165 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Misscolo16 

Hi...new to site not sure if im replying right but if you get this we're getting marred on June 13th to!

How fun!  What time and at what locations are you having your wedding?  How's the planning going?  I'm hoping to finish up my invitations in the next 2 weeks and send them out.  I went on a site visit last summer if you have any questions.  If you haven't been to Now Jade, you will love it!  Let's just keep praying for clear skies and sun on the 13th :-)

#1093 kelseyfanning

• 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

hah I am getting Married January 25th 2013 its right around the corner!

#1094 megp

• 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I just confirmed for the 24th!! Guess I will see you there.

I am also getting married on April 25th! Hope your planning is going well!

#1095 Lindsay Green

Lindsay Green
          • 54 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hey all. Fi and I are heading to cancun on Monday and have a meeting with pilar on wednesday. If there is anything I can look at for you, let me know. I will be getting a good look at the reception set ups ( my biggest fear) and finalizing details.

#1096 nic2013

• 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Congrats! When is your wedding? I arrive at the Now Jade, January 4th, my wedding is January 8th! I am soo excited! This website has made me relax and has helped with many decisions!!

Thank you to everyone who has participated in these messages!

My ceremony is on the Pergola, cocktail hour at the Mix bar and the reception in the Bamboo room, 44 guests in total. I cannot wait to write up my review for the wedding, I am hoping it will all be A++ :)

#1097 Jenntim311

• 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi Lindsay, I look forward to hearing what you see!! I'm so curious as to how the carnival terrace is set up, so any info on that would be great!! Enjoy your visit!!

#1098 Lindsay Green

Lindsay Green
                • 54 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi Lindsay, I look forward to hearing what you see!! I'm so curious as to how the carnival terrace is set up, so any info on that would be great!! Enjoy your visit!!

Absolutely! It is the main reason I am visiting (well that, and the whole sun and relaxation part ;) ).

#1099 JillianFrances

• 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi Girls,

My fiancee and I are getting married at NOW Jade on February 2nd, with 51 guests attending. This board has been so helpful to me in answering questions that we have. I was a little too relaxed in the planning process, and now I am starting to stress out with our wedding only a month away and nothing but the locations set. We are having the Pergola ceremony, and Terrace reception. We originally chose the Orange Lounge for the cocktail hour, but then I read that it would be too small for 50 people, so I'm trying to change to the Blue Beach Bar. 

My primary question is whether any brides have found that Pilar is not willing to swap out anything in the packages. There are quite a few things from the Divine package that we didn't need, and one reason I chose this resort was that so many brides mentioned that they were quite flexible with substitutions. I'm getting worried that we are quickly going to go over budget.

Thank you again for all the help and inspiration!

#1100 aarosenthall

• 99 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hey Jillian,

My wedding is not until April, but from what I have heard from Pilar and read on here, they really do not swap anything out- although it seems some girls have been lucky once they arrived down there.  I emailed Pilar even asking to swap out some flowers that I did not need and she said sorry, there were not any substiutions- if you don't use it you lose it.  However, I have heard your best bet is when trying to swap something out for something similar- i.e. not using the hotel photographer and then being able to put more time to the videographer or using their photog for a TTD or rehearsal dinner.

Bottom line, I would not count on it and keep your fingers crossed you will get lucky down there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users