TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Thanks @@Meg32IL! That actually really helpful!

Has everyone been in close contact with the resort? I can say that I haven't emailed or been in contact with them at all since I finalized my dates. I guess I should, but I am not sure what I need to ask even!

I only recently started emailing them. They have been fairly quick to respond. I was just questioning charges and how much the estimated total costs would be. And what I needed to do because I felt like I hadn't done anything! Pilar did recommend lighting package ($350+tax) and fans ($150 each+tax) for Castaways, which I think is pretty silly that fans wouldn't be included, that is more a comfort of the guest than added service. They give you a form to fill out with details about your plans, I know that is really the only thing that needs to be provided ahead of time besides salon appointments.

I have an excel worksheet that Pilar gave me for the cost breakdown for extra people.

We are having 75 people and having a hard time deciding what to do for dinner. It's seems crazy to pay an additional $3000 for the rest of the guests over 25 to eat at an all inclusive resort.

We are thinking about putting the money we would spend on dinner towards an all inclusive party boat instead where people would much rather have the $70/person spent.

What are other people's thoughts?

I can email the spreadsheet to anyone else that would like to see it.

We are getting married November 6th and having the same problem with a large group and the crazy extra charges. I was not told that we had to do buffet, you can choose a menu like anyone else.

I would love to check out this spreadsheet.  My wedding isn't until April 2015, but i'm already stressing about the extra costs of the guests over 25!  would love to be able to analyze numbers now.  my email is howard.tracyann@@gmail.com.  Thanks!

I only recently started emailing them. They have been fairly quick to respond. I was just questioning charges and how much the estimated total costs would be. And what I needed to do because I felt like I hadn't done anything! Pilar did recommend lighting package ($350+tax) and fans ($150 each+tax) for Castaways, which I think is pretty silly that fans wouldn't be included, that is more a comfort of the guest than added service. They give you a form to fill out with details about your plans, I know that is really the only thing that needs to be provided ahead of time besides salon appointments.

I did a site visit two weeks ago and I did sneak to look at a wedding party at castaways but I don't remember taking note if they had the lighting package. Did Pilar say what difference it would make? Initially I wanted the bamboo room. In seeing various pics that brides had posted it looked big. When I went to visit, it was small so I see why the max is 80 now. That is no longer an option but for castaways we will be kicked out at 10PM! I wanted an extra hour. Maybe I will bump up the hour of ceremony and etc. 

I did a site visit two weeks ago and I did sneak to look at a wedding party at castaways but I don't remember taking note if they had the lighting package. Did Pilar say what difference it would make? Initially I wanted the bamboo room. In seeing various pics that brides had posted it looked big. When I went to visit, it was small so I see why the max is 80 now. That is no longer an option but for castaways we will be kicked out at 10PM! I wanted an extra hour. Maybe I will bump up the hour of ceremony and etc. 

How did Castaways look? Most pictures are of Bamboo room so it is hard to plan! But Pilar said Bamboo would be too small for our group. I never saw anywhere that you get kicked out at 10. But I think you would just have to pay to extend it an hour. Or am I wrong? She sent me a few pictures of the lighting. It was pink, and I am not sure if it really made a difference. I know some of the DJs include lighting in their packages, so I thought I might shop around for DJs for that reason.

How did Castaways look? Most pictures are of Bamboo room so it is hard to plan! But Pilar said Bamboo would be too small for our group. I never saw anywhere that you get kicked out at 10. But I think you would just have to pay to extend it an hour. Or am I wrong? She sent me a few pictures of the lighting. It was pink, and I am not sure if it really made a difference. I know some of the DJs include lighting in their packages, so I thought I might shop around for DJs for that reason.

You know at first I didn't like it because I really liked the color and lighting of bamboo room. How many in your group? I actually think the lighting might be a good idea. I dont think the wedding party had lighting and it was kind of dark. We were walking to room after dinner and the only reason I noticed there was a party was because of the music. It was a small number of people. I regret not taking any pics of the room inside. There are pictures that have been posted of castatways in the earlier posts of this thread. I believe you can look up the album for this thread.

According to the information posts on initial page it says Castaways 7PM to 10PM. 

You know at first I didn't like it because I really liked the color and lighting of bamboo room. How many in your group? I actually think the lighting might be a good idea. I dont think the wedding party had lighting and it was kind of dark. We were walking to room after dinner and the only reason I noticed there was a party was because of the music. It was a small number of people. I regret not taking any pics of the room inside. There are pictures that have been posted of castatways in the earlier posts of this thread. I believe you can look up the album for this thread.

According to the information posts on initial page it says Castaways 7PM to 10PM. 

Thanks, maybe we will consider lighting more now! You can't do Castaways earlier than 7 because it is open to the public until 6 and they need time to setup. But I am pretty positive you can extend the reception to 11. We are having our ceremony on the beach at 4, and a break for people to freshen up, and then cocktail 6-7, reception 7-10 (and maybe we will extend it)

Ok I will add that to my list of questions! I am adding the only three pics I have that are of outside castways. It is on the right side in the first one where the ropes are the entrance. You can see the other side of the entrance in the background of the pic. Those are the two entrances. The last one is the view in the afternoon during lunch :) 

post-273907-0-48199000-1402691838_thumb.jpg

post-273907-0-47956900-1402691868_thumb.jpg

post-273907-0-74997300-1402691896_thumb.jpg

Past brides.... has anyone had their reception on the beach? What did this involve? What did you do for food? Dance floor? Etc??

Does anyone have me a list of the colors all the flowers come in? Trying to find a hair flower piece to match

Does anyone know the measurements of the pergola? I was considering bring material in my colors for decoration-but I'm not sure how much I would need? I thought there was a post-but I can't find it now...

Anne Marie

November 21, 2014-Now Jade