Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hi

My fiance and I have decided to give our guests welcome bags with waterproof disposable cameras, survival kits, welcome booklets, and room key holders. What I am wondering is, would it be rude to not have favors? we where going to do the bags and then get some maracas as favors but my fiance think the bags would be enough and people would get more use out of them. I worry that a lot of guests expect favors and that it might be seen as rude to not have them.  What should I do??

#2 deniden

deniden
    • Site Supporter
    • 355 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 

Hi

My fiance and I have decided to give our guests welcome bags with waterproof disposable cameras, survival kits, welcome booklets, and room key holders. What I am wondering is, would it be rude to not have favors? we where going to do the bags and then get some maracas as favors but my fiance think the bags would be enough and people would get more use out of them. I worry that a lot of guests expect favors and that it might be seen as rude to not have them.  What should I do??

I was having the same thought process - only I always planned on doing shot glasses for favors but wondered if I should put them in the bags or have them out at the reception. I ultimately decided to put them out for the reception because we are giving our OOT bags out before we go to Mexico. However, I asked my MOH and she said she thinks most people would consider the OOT bags a favor.

#3 cdc150

cdc150
    • 332 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

We chose not to do favors on top of welcome bags.  I am spending way more on the welcome bags than I would on favors. I think skipping on favors is fine. 

#4 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
      • 614 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

I think if you have the welcome bags, you don't need to give favors. I've even been to regular weddings where there were no favors. no worries about skipping those - I doubt anyone will even think of it!!

#5 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
        • 215 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

We are doing OOT bag as our main favor but also plan on having mints in pretty little boxes on the table.  Its cheap inexpensive and adds a bit of decor to the table and we hope people realize that the OOT is their true wedding favor and the mints are just a little extra.

#6 marooon13

marooon13
          • 250 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
          • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

I recently went to a DW. Everyone got an awesome OOT bag- which was much better than getting favors!

#7 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
          • 312 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone, we are a lot of effort into the bags and trying to have them be as useful as possible, we think the waterproof cameras will be a big hit. The beach bags we think will be better without our names on them (people might be more inclined to use them) so we are putting a starfish and having it say Riviera Maya on it.

#8 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

We just did our OOT bags and skipped the favors.  We felt that we put enough time and money into the bags that they acted as the favors.  Also, I didn't want to have favors at dinner, then everyone would have to take them back to their room, or risk them getting lost and I didn't want to have to deal with that, so we just didn't do them.

#9 sswed13

sswed13
            • 178 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We just did our OOT bags and skipped the favors.  We felt that we put enough time and money into the bags that they acted as the favors.  Also, I didn't want to have favors at dinner, then everyone would have to take them back to their room, or risk them getting lost and I didn't want to have to deal with that, so we just didn't do them.

Taking the favors back to their room- a very good point, didn't think of that.

#10 Josie Fiorda

Josie Fiorda
              • 198 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

good point! I never thought about that. I was going to put them on everyone's plate at dinner. Now I will reconsider!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users