Sign in to follow this  
mmb2012

Wedding expenses

Same here! It's a great feeling and is much easier to do things our way when we know that we are the ones footing the bill!

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

We are paying all of it ourselves too! It feels really good to be able to save and plan and do it!

It's actually comical to me that people are still saying the brides family pays for the majority.  It's a very old fashioned way of thinking.

However, FI and I are also paying for the wedding ourselves.  I am paying for my own dress and accessories as well.  At least this way we can do whatever we want!

We are paying for everything, no one has offer and we haven't ask, that way we do what we want and they can't say a thing, we take suggestions but at the end is our decision  :P

Good luck.msnwink.gif

We paid for ours as well, but every family is different.  My only advice is that its all worked out before you start booking things.  It makes it less stressful if you know how much you're working with and how much you need to contribute. 

We are paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves....my parents have both chipped in but my fiancee's parents have not

I think every destination wedding is different

wow, some parents are quite generous!  We are paying for everything! But the guest will fork out quite a bit for the travel..but hopefully they will feel it's worth it :)