Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm glad to know somebody is in the same boat! Are you going to celebrate your Cancun date as your actual anniversary? Our ceremony is set for 6 PM too. I can't wait to hear how that goes for you all! What section of MP are you staying in?Are you guys having a private reception or a reserved section in a restaurant? I don't want to spend much extra money on reception type things since we are having one when we come home.  
I believe we are in the sunrise side but I'm actually gonna email or call next week to confirm. I want to make sure a few of us are on same floor and/or right next door to each other if possible. We are doing it all while in cancun. We were debating on doing a hometown reception here as well but towards the end of our planning decided against it. He's a firefighter so we'd pretty much have to invite the whole fire department and I've worked with my company for 12 years and that would be another good amount of guests we'd have to invite on top of all our family that isn't going to make it to cancun. So we decided to save the extra money we'd put into another reception and use it for traveling. Since we fulfilled the 75 room nights we are doing a welcome dinner Wednesday where we will give out our OOT bags/gifts. We are doing ceremony in gazebo, and cocktail hour and reception hopefully at lake terrace. I say hopefully because our coordinator is trying to talk us out of doing the cocktail hour and reception at same location. Then a farewell dinner Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies!

Does anyone have any advice about when I should be booking my private reception venue, videographer etc.? My wedding isn't until April 2014, and I have heard you don't book anything until 90 days before the wedding but I am worried because I have read on the blogs that some people do book these things much further in advance. I don't want to get stuck with no options if everything gets booked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kaliellis10 View Post

 

Hi ladies!

Does anyone have any advice about when I should be booking my private reception venue, videographer etc.? My wedding isn't until April 2014, and I have heard you don't book anything until 90 days before the wedding but I am worried because I have read on the blogs that some people do book these things much further in advance. I don't want to get stuck with no options if everything gets booked up.

I am getting married June 2014 and was told the same.  It's a little nerve wrecking having to wait, but I hear it all works out!! :)  However, I have heard that some people know before the 90 days, so I am unsure how that works.  Are you having a legal or symbolic ceremony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone!  I just signed my contact and will be getting married here February 27th, 2014! So Excited : )

I went with the Pure Collection - has anyone else went with this? And if you have what did you do for music for the ceremony - it says you can choose btwn a flute, saxophone, violinist or pipe. Any suggestions? Also it comes with photography package A but I am bring down my own photographer , do you know if they are flexible and will let me switch that out with something of similar value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ckl22 View Post

 

Hey Everyone!  I just signed my contact and will be getting married here February 27th, 2014! So Excited : )

I went with the Pure Collection - has anyone else went with this? And if you have what did you do for music for the ceremony - it says you can choose btwn a flute, saxophone, violinist or pipe. Any suggestions? Also it comes with photography package A but I am bring down my own photographer , do you know if they are flexible and will let me switch that out with something of similar value?

Congrats!

They're not very flexible. They don't let you make any changes to the packages which is why I went with the complimentary and added my own details. I found it was more fun this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kaliellis10 View Post

 

Hi ladies!

Does anyone have any advice about when I should be booking my private reception venue, videographer etc.? My wedding isn't until April 2014, and I have heard you don't book anything until 90 days before the wedding but I am worried because I have read on the blogs that some people do book these things much further in advance. I don't want to get stuck with no options if everything gets booked up.

Hey!

 

I had my wedding this past April and I had booked my venues before the 90 days. I think I was able to reserve it back in December. I had gotten a hold of the wedding sales contact through my travel agent. You could either try that or call the wedding sales department. I would suggest to wait some time before calling though as it is still VERY early for you to start any of the planning with them. One thing I did ahead of time was scour the forums and join the fb pages to get an idea of where and what I wanted my wedding. And as soon as I was able to speak with someone, I asked for the exact locations for ceremony and reception (you can always make changes before you sign the final invoice with them). Hope that helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

This forum is so helpful! I am getting married on Nov 22nd @ Moon Palace so a little less than 6 months to go. :) We have decided to have the catholic ceremony but will have a quiet (just us) civil ceremony here in Massachusetts sometime soon. It seems like it might be a hassle to do both in Cancun.

 

Does anyone have a list of the different areas @ Moon that I can look at for reception spaces? They told me I would book that 90 days before but a few of you have mentioned that you are able to hold that space before the 90 days. We will be having around 40 adults and 7 children.

 

We are staying in Nizuc and just added 10 more rooms in Grand. We're staying for one week. Anyone know about the weather in November? 

Thank you ladies! Love this website! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather is perfect in November!! I got married on Nov 23, 2012.  It's high 70s and low 80s during the day and in the high 60s/ low 70s at night, so make sure you pack a sweater cause with the wind it can get chilly! The only downside to Nov is that is gets dark earlier but it keeps you from being in the sun too long and turning into a red lobster! :)

Originally Posted by ccawley79 View Post

Hi,

This forum is so helpful! I am getting married on Nov 22nd @ Moon Palace so a little less than 6 months to go. :) We have decided to have the catholic ceremony but will have a quiet (just us) civil ceremony here in Massachusetts sometime soon. It seems like it might be a hassle to do both in Cancun.

 

Does anyone have a list of the different areas @ Moon that I can look at for reception spaces? They told me I would book that 90 days before but a few of you have mentioned that you are able to hold that space before the 90 days. We will be having around 40 adults and 7 children.

 

We are staying in Nizuc and just added 10 more rooms in Grand. We're staying for one week. Anyone know about the weather in November? 

Thank you ladies! Love this website! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone , Just wanted to update you on my plans so far. We were contacted 90 days before, her name is Brenda and she is great !we have booked our venue for the wedding ceremony and for the reception . We were unable to get the 75 nights so we have to settle for a reception. We chose the Brazilian restaurant because it is most private. I am going to use A few decorations that I will bring from home. I am also going to have an at home reception. My colors are champagne . The men will wear linen shirts and khaki from macys. I have less than 2 months and I am excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I purchased a suit from Studio Suits in spring 2019.  I looked around everywhere because I was looking for a specific color which wasn't easy to find, so when I found it on their website I read all the info on their website where they claim to deliver high quality suits, premium material, great tailoring, etc. It couldn't be more false. First of all the company is from INDIA and you won't find out until you receive the package. You order from Stu Suits and receive the package from Harry Suits. I received a suit that was at least two sizes bigger, the shoulders where different one from another, the hamming on the ankles was visible and poorly done.The quality of the fabric was extremely mediocre. The lining looked and felt cheap, no attention to details and no mention anywhere of the kind of material.  When I placed the order I did not receive any welcoming email, but simply one stating my measurements were  not correct and I needed to pay for a trial suit 99$. I re took the measurements and confirmed them. They simply replied saying "all sales are final". When I placed the order they said it would take them 6 weeks to deliver the "custom made suit". I received it within ten days, why? because it wasn't custom at all. I can't stress enough how bad the quality of their product and service is. There are so many other services that can deliver so much better quality for less than what this con company asks for. Hope this can help you folks
    • Karla Casillas is dishonest and a liar . DO NOT USE her . She will be the missing wedding planner on your wedding day . After being paid in full she did not show up and texted  that she is sick . We had to take over  to save the wedding of 150 guests at Grand Velas . Cabo  MISSING WEDDING PLANNER.
    • Hello friends, We are pleased to announce the launch of our brand new website! After years of hard work and dedication, we are delighted to officially announce The Wedding Factory & Co I'd love it if you'd go take a look. Here's the link: https://theweddingfactoryandco.com/ https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=514815465723368&id=438996693305246&sfnsn=mo Also on Instagram @theweddingfactoryandco  I hope you find our website with a fresh look, easy to access and we also wish to establish this portal as a source of information for those who visit our site... Thank you  VERONICA MIRANDA   
    • You might consider underground studio Puerto Vallarta. They are a young coupe doing an excellent Job at affordable rates.
    • Thanks for answering Patty! We are having the legal proceedings done in December so february is the celebration. We will have pictures first then a ceremony with a religious discourse and then have the reception.  I'm guessing we will be 50 people, give or take. Half of them are Canadian. They will need accommodations but if we have the wedding ag a resort I dont want them to be forced into staying there if they dont want to. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...