Photo

Your reasons for having a destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

plus it will be intimate with close friends and family x

#52 kayb0123

kayb0123
    • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

We love to travel and did not want to spend the money on an expensive wedding at home.

Let's be honest we feel obligated to invite people we typically don't associate with, family that you really didn't know you had then you end up running around all night thanking all these people they came and miss the fun of what you paid for. Now don't get me wrong, I loved and enjoyed every wedding I have attended, just not for me, especially now....

Our priorities in life are different, we have been together over 8 years, we have a 5 year old daughter and own a home. In other words, less money on wedding --- put $ in college fund and house improvements! :)

In June our closest family and friends will be there to share in our day and we would not have it any other way. We can't wait!!!!

#53 Caligirl

Caligirl
      • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

We chose to pay for our guest stay for a 3 day / 4 night, instead of a 5 hour event.

We live in Hoboken NJ and I work in Manhattan. So as you can see from chart

NYC is the most expensive. We also have family all over USA, so it would be

an expensive NYC weekend for them also. This was hands down the best choice! 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/23/us-wedding-costs-idUSBRE82M11O20120323

#54 olive0y1

olive0y1
        • 202 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Caligirl 

We chose to pay for our guest stay for a 3 day / 4 night, instead of a 5 hour event.

We live in Hoboken NJ and I work in Manhattan. So as you can see from chart

NYC is the most expensive. We also have family all over USA, so it would be

an expensive NYC weekend for them also. This was hands down the best choice! 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/23/us-wedding-costs-idUSBRE82M11O20120323

That's a really practical way of thinking of it :) Thanks for the stats!

#55 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
          • 603 posts
            • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hello Ladies!

Congratulation on choosing a destination wedding. As a wedding planner here in the Riviera Maya I would like to say all the best with planning. We love all your reasons. Love is such a beautiful thing.

Happy planning 

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
            weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
            http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
            Joyce

#56 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
            • 79 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thank God I chose a destination wedding because there is NO WAY i can afford those NYC prices.. My FI and I always wanted to get married on the beach because its sooo serene and tranquil PLUS this was the easiest way to cut down my guest list. 

#57 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
              • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

A beach wedding seemed perfect for us. I have always said there are too many places on earth to visit to go back to the same pace twice, but here we are traveling back to the Bahamas in less than 12 months. I choose it as our wedding destination as FI mother has only flown once and father hasn't flown in years, so I wanted it to be a non-stop and somewhat short flight for them. Having been to the resort certainly made us more comfortable as we know what the food is like (some All-inclusives have terrible food). But best of all, great scuba diving! Sharks and more sharks.

#58 JSLM

JSLM
                • 170 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

For me a few reasons are:

1. I love to travel

2. Just the thought of having a big wedding gives me anxiety, which is what would happen if we got married here.

3. My FI and I are from 2 completely different cultures so we wanted something different and neutral.

4. No one in my family or his immediate family has ever gone to a DW.

#59 Barash

Barash
                  • 72 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by JSLM 

For me a few reasons are:

1. I love to travel

2. Just the thought of having a big wedding gives me anxiety, which is what would happen if we got married here.

3. My FI and I are from 2 completely different cultures so we wanted something different and neutral.

4. No one in my family or his immediate family has ever gone to a DW.

I have nearly the same reasons.

Initially we were planning to hold the wedding in Russia (at the Black sea) as my family is living there. It was too budget heavy and things also got complicated. But when our best friend, who's going to hold the ceremony, drew me a picture: "Imagine both of you barefoot on the beach somewhere in the Caribbean", - I just couldn't resist that idea!

#60 tristanc

tristanc
                    • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

I agree - these forums are priceless and so useful!

There are a few reasons we decided to have a DW:

1) Cost - we knew we could keep within our small budget if we went away.

2) I am originally from Wisconsin but now live in Philadelphia. My fiance is from Philly. We knew that if we had a wedding in Philly or Wisco - one of us wouldn't have everyone there. Just didn't seem right. So - we decided to cut the list down and go somewhere warm!

3) I have never liked huge weddings. Even as a kid - I begged my parents to get me a babysitter rather than go to a wedding.

Plus, at the end of the day - the most important thing is that I am married to my Prince Charming. The people I treasure most will be there and it will be a blast :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users