Photo

Post your favorite photo idea

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
  • 614 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

oh sorry for the double post, but I wanted to include images from my pinterest as well. there are photog ideas interspersed with other ideas.

http://pinterest.com/kellygrrrl/i-do/

#22 Tia529

Tia529
    • 76 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

Kelly, I love your photos, too!  Thanks for the inspiration!

#23 candace20

candace20
      • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Good photographers usually show plenty of their recent work online including full weddings - you will save time by pre-qualifying photographers who have comprehensive online portfolio for possible meeting. Create a list of those photographers. Most important is - see if photographer's work looks appealing to you, if you can feel the "click".

#24 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
        • 614 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

anytime! and despite the bridezilla-like nature of this, I was thinking of putting together a powerpoint (or Pinterest) for my photographer so that he could see my favorite photographic ideas (though I don't want to get in the way of his creativity). it seems like shot lists are also popular, too, so that nothing is missed. family pictures are easy enough, but I've talked to a number of brides who don't have full-length pictures of themselves in the dress (alone) or even the bride and groom in front of the altar. funny how those things get missed in all the craziness.

good luck with everything!

Originally Posted by Tia529 

Kelly, I love your photos, too!  Thanks for the inspiration!

#25 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

ok, I'm going to say it's NOT bridezilla-like at all. Printing out that Pinterest board to use as a discussion point with your photographer, AND a shot list of the must-have-will-die-if-missed shots is a GOOD idea. Bridezilla is "these and only these shots". What's wrong with saying "full length photo of me alone in my dress", or "bride and groom at altar together"? These are moments that you can't get again (sure they can be recreated..but we know it's never really the same). Do it! 

My photog will hopefully be my good friend, who shot our pre-engagement photos - and even though she knows us, I will still go over the shots that I really want to make sure we get with her. and she wants that too. 

So I say go for it!! 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

anytime! and despite the bridezilla-like nature of this, I was thinking of putting together a powerpoint (or Pinterest) for my photographer so that he could see my favorite photographic ideas (though I don't want to get in the way of his creativity). it seems like shot lists are also popular, too, so that nothing is missed. family pictures are easy enough, but I've talked to a number of brides who don't have full-length pictures of themselves in the dress (alone) or even the bride and groom in front of the altar. funny how those things get missed in all the craziness.

good luck with everything!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#26 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
          • 159 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Here is my pinterest board of photo ideas, not all are wedding related but most are http://pinterest.com...tography-ideas/

#27 Jessamaka

Jessamaka
            • 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

I've shared my Pinterest with my photographer. It's a great way to communicate your style with them.

Take a look at some of my favourite shots.

http://pinterest.com...rs-et-toujours/

#28 dmob

dmob
              • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

I love the face of the groom captured as he first sees his bride! Priceless! Also, I love the shot of the bride and groom kissing under the bride's veil!

#29 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                • 400 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

I too, love the shots of the Groom when he first sees his Bride. I also love the idea of writing "thank you" in the sand, and the Bride/Groom posing for a shot - amazing thank you card picture!

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#30 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
                  • 182 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Checked out your pinterest board. What type of photos I wanted hadn't really crossed my mind, but it certainly is now!!

So many great ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users