Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#631 sthelen517

sthelen517
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

    Hi Ladies

     

    I am new to this forum, but am getting married at BP on May 17, 2013 -I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. I was very stressed out when I first starting reading this forum a couple of months ago - I too had difficulty with being changed from coordinator to coordinator. I found that if you put URGENT in the subject of your email, you get a faster response. I also hadn't decided anything nor were my guests booking quick enough and that was making me crazy. It all comes together at once, so don't worry!! Most everyone will book at the last minute!!

     

    We have 50 guests coming down for our big day and we are taking full advantage of the freebies with our contract. Welcome Cocktail (Infinity Terrace) is on Wednesday, Pre-wedding Dinner (Beach) on Thursday and then Wedding (Sky Wedding Deck), Cocktail Hour (Sky Terrace) and Reception (Palenque Terrace).

     

    For the Pre-Wedding Dinner, Zuniga is providing tiki torches ($108 for 12) for atmosphere and I am bringing some tea lights for the tables.

     

    We are having a guitar soloist for the ceremony. Zuniga is allowing us the use of some of the reception centerpieces at the ceremony and will set them up on the ceremony site with no additional charge.

     

    We contracted JSAV for DJ services and had them provide an MC to make sure someone would be in charge of announcements and getting the dancing started - hopefully that will go accordingly. They are letting us use an iPod speak at the post-ceremony cocktail hour free of charge. It wasn't part of the package, but I asked for it and they had no problem providing.

     

    We are having an end to end lantern structure with 7 round tables on the Palenque Terrace. Zuniga is also doing under table lighting and  centerpieces. I am brining tea lights and silk flowers with me. Check out Jamali Gardens

     

    We are using Ocean Photo Studio for the photography. They seemed pretty reasonable price-wise and the photo samples provided looked good. Everyone at all the vendors were very helpful and responsive.

     

    Past brides - any advice for when we arrive?

     

    Good luck with all your planning!

    Stephanie



    #632 TinkerSofi

    TinkerSofi
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

    Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

    Originally Posted by Chacie B 

    I think some people are just concerned about Mexico in general. Did you walk to the bars/clubs and have any issues at all?

     

    This does help, thank you!

    I was in Cancun last August. We were two girls and we felt pretty safe. Always use common sense just like you would anywhere else. Only once, a car full of guys stopped by and asked us if we needed a ride, of course we said no. We were staying at the Riu Palace las Americas (which is two blocks away from all the nightlife) and we walked to and back from the clubs every night without having any issues. We sometimes even took public transit to get to tours and we felt safe too. The biggest danger you might encounter is getting swindled by a bus driver if you pay with dollars and are not very comfortable with the exchange rate, because they give you change back in pesos.  Make sure you tell your guests that if they get drunk to not stir any trouble. Maybe that's when you can find more issues. When my FI went one his friends got kicked out of the hotel, they called the police and they detained him. It ended up being a huge problem because my FI and his other friends had to bail the one friend out and the police wanted bribes, etc. Long story short, make sure people don't get in trouble. 

     

    Bad things can happen, just like they could whether you're in Mexico, Europe or at home, but as long as you're aware of your surroundings you'll be ok. Long reply, but I hope it helps.



    event.png

     

     


    #633 Bella Rios

    Bella Rios
    • Newbie
    • 65 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 14, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationBeach Palace

    Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

    Hey ladies, I just got my contract, no where does it have my request for the terraces ? Is this normal?

    #634 KristieT

    KristieT
    • Jr. Member
    • 430 posts

      Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

      Originally Posted by sthelen517 

      Hi Ladies

       

      I am new to this forum, but am getting married at BP on May 17, 2013 -I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. I was very stressed out when I first starting reading this forum a couple of months ago - I too had difficulty with being changed from coordinator to coordinator. I found that if you put URGENT in the subject of your email, you get a faster response. I also hadn't decided anything nor were my guests booking quick enough and that was making me crazy. It all comes together at once, so don't worry!! Most everyone will book at the last minute!!

       

      We have 50 guests coming down for our big day and we are taking full advantage of the freebies with our contract. Welcome Cocktail (Infinity Terrace) is on Wednesday, Pre-wedding Dinner (Beach) on Thursday and then Wedding (Sky Wedding Deck), Cocktail Hour (Sky Terrace) and Reception (Palenque Terrace).

       

      For the Pre-Wedding Dinner, Zuniga is providing tiki torches ($108 for 12) for atmosphere and I am bringing some tea lights for the tables.

       

      We are having a guitar soloist for the ceremony. Zuniga is allowing us the use of some of the reception centerpieces at the ceremony and will set them up on the ceremony site with no additional charge.

       

      We contracted JSAV for DJ services and had them provide an MC to make sure someone would be in charge of announcements and getting the dancing started - hopefully that will go accordingly. They are letting us use an iPod speak at the post-ceremony cocktail hour free of charge. It wasn't part of the package, but I asked for it and they had no problem providing.

       

      We are having an end to end lantern structure with 7 round tables on the Palenque Terrace. Zuniga is also doing under table lighting and  centerpieces. I am brining tea lights and silk flowers with me. Check out Jamali Gardens

       

      We are using Ocean Photo Studio for the photography. They seemed pretty reasonable price-wise and the photo samples provided looked good. Everyone at all the vendors were very helpful and responsive.

       

      Past brides - any advice for when we arrive?

       

      Good luck with all your planning!

      Stephanie

      Stephanie,

       

      I am getting Married May 15. My group will be there May 11- 18. So we will most likely cross paths! Everything you have planned sounds amazing!

       

      -Kristie



      #635 KristieT

      KristieT
      • Jr. Member
      • 430 posts

        Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

        Originally Posted by Bella Rios 

        Hey ladies, I just got my contract, no where does it have my request for the terraces ? Is this normal?

        HI Bella,

         

        This happened to me too, I pushed back and refused to sign until they listed the locations on the contract.

         

        Good luck.



        #636 sthelen517

        sthelen517
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

          Originally Posted by KristieT 

          Stephanie,

           

          I am getting Married May 15. My group will be there May 11- 18. So we will most likely cross paths! Everything you have planned sounds amazing!

           

          -Kristie

          Hi Kristie - yours does as well! Looking forward to seeing you there!!! It's coming up quick :)



          #637 Nicolew412

          Nicolew412
          • Newbie
          • 148 posts

            Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

            Is anyone hiring a mariachi band for their cocktail hour?

             

            I thought it would be nice to have the band for the cocktail hour since the reception will be IPOD music, to switch it up a bit.

             

            Margarita quoted me $740.00 for 45 minutes of mariachi band though. Ugh...expenses are adding up. It would be much cheaper to just do the IPOD setup. Hmmm....



            #638 Nicolew412

            Nicolew412
            • Newbie
            • 148 posts

              Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

              Also, are you guys having a DJ? It's close to $1,000  for 2 hours of DJ service and I've heard the DJ's aren't that great.

               

              Any past BP brides- did anyone have a DJ and what was your experience?

               

              Thank you,

               

              Nicole



              #639 brebon21

              brebon21
              • Newbie
              • 44 posts

                Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

                Is anyone shipping boxes with your wedding accessories etc...to the resort to save on the cost of flying with the boxes?



                #640 brebon21

                brebon21
                • Newbie
                • 44 posts

                  Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

                  We are using DJ Mannia. $950 for 4 hours!






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users