Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Hi Nursebrooke!

Ceremony- 6pm

Cocktail Hour- 7pm

Reception- 8pm-11pm (I dont think 8 is too late for dinner)

I am doing the complimentary package! THis is what i rented from Zuinga

Ceremony- SKy Terrace

-sashes for inside isle of chairs

(i didnt want to spend alot on the ceremony- its so beautiful as is and you are only there for 20min)

Reception- South or North Terrace (i forget which one- my cocktail hour is on one side and the reception on the other)

We are doing one long table. Using the resort table cloths and napkins (white) this is free

The following is from Zuinga

-Ghost Chairs

-Table runner

-Glass Plate chargers

-Centerpieces (square low vase with flowers & votives (fake ones - it can get windy) This was expensive ($580 for my centerpieces for only ONE table! granted its a long table 35 people)  They origianlly quoted me $900 ouch. If you can bring your own i say do it! But i think they will charge you a setup fee per table

-Candles for around pool (fake again- in case windy)

-Pinata and pinata stick

I am renting from JSAV, the ipod setup including 2 speakers and someone to run the ipod as well as some extra lighting (they say  it gets dark on the south/north terrace)  Is anyone else renting extra lighting? As well as a gobo to project our monogram on the wall.

I am having a welcome cocktail the day we arrive (we are from Canada so staying a week) so this would be 3 nights before the wedding

I think the cocktail hour on the wedding day is a good way to keep the guests busy while you are doing photos. But totally up to you

Hope this helps!

Thanks Kristie!!

Totally helps my fiance does not seem to understand why I am overthinking all of this! I am gonna do the cocktail hour :)

I was wondering about extra lighting. I guess I better ask about that!

Someone from JSAV is running the ipod setup? How much was that? I was doing the ipod setup partially for money saving but partially because we are kinda particular about music and very country loving people and want to have everything played we wanted!

I am gonna bring some things for my centerpieces and hope for the best, I was quoted some ridicuous price as you were. Thanks!

Originally Posted by nursebrooke View Post

Thanks Kristie!!

Totally helps my fiance does not seem to understand why I am overthinking all of this! I am gonna do the cocktail hour :)

I was wondering about extra lighting. I guess I better ask about that!

Someone from JSAV is running the ipod setup? How much was that? I was doing the ipod setup partially for money saving but partially because we are kinda particular about music and very country loving people and want to have everything played we wanted!

I am gonna bring some things for my centerpieces and hope for the best, I was quoted some ridicuous price as you were. Thanks!

To have someone run the ipod is $40 a hour (not a bad gig for them... lol) So we paid $160 for the evening.

I think it is important to have someone turn up and down the music or on and off during speeches, etc.

Hi Kristie, thanks for the reply.  When you get home from your wedding can you pop back on here and post a review of things that worked and what didnt.  That would be the most helpful thing ever since we are getting married at the same time of the year.  Hope all your planning is going well!!

Originally Posted by shmanderz View Post

Hi Kristie, thanks for the reply.  When you get home from your wedding can you pop back on here and post a review of things that worked and what didnt.  That would be the most helpful thing ever since we are getting married at the same time of the year.  Hope all your planning is going well!!

I certianly will!

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Hi Nursebrooke!

Ceremony- 6pm

Cocktail Hour- 7pm

Reception- 8pm-11pm (I dont think 8 is too late for dinner)

I am doing the complimentary package! THis is what i rented from Zuinga

Ceremony- SKy Terrace

-sashes for inside isle of chairs

(i didnt want to spend alot on the ceremony- its so beautiful as is and you are only there for 20min)

Reception- South or North Terrace (i forget which one- my cocktail hour is on one side and the reception on the other)

We are doing one long table. Using the resort table cloths and napkins (white) this is free

The following is from Zuinga

-Ghost Chairs

-Table runner

-Glass Plate chargers

-Centerpieces (square low vase with flowers & votives (fake ones - it can get windy) This was expensive ($580 for my centerpieces for only ONE table! granted its a long table 35 people)  They origianlly quoted me $900 ouch. If you can bring your own i say do it! But i think they will charge you a setup fee per table

-Candles for around pool (fake again- in case windy)

-Pinata and pinata stick

I am renting from JSAV, the ipod setup including 2 speakers and someone to run the ipod as well as some extra lighting (they say  it gets dark on the south/north terrace)  Is anyone else renting extra lighting? As well as a gobo to project our monogram on the wall.

I am having a welcome cocktail the day we arrive (we are from Canada so staying a week) so this would be 3 nights before the wedding

I think the cocktail hour on the wedding day is a good way to keep the guests busy while you are doing photos. But totally up to you

Hope this helps!

Do you know if you are you allowed to use your group booking rewards towards a free reception if you get the complimentary package? It just seems too good to be true...

Yes you can!! I had 40 guests- 99 room nights and I got the complimentary package.  I paid a total of $230 (cost of ipod tech/hookup) for my wedding ceremony/ reception (not counting the decorations I brought with me).  I got the complimentary wedding package, cocktail hour and wedding reception for free!!! When you bring in 40 people to their resort for 99 room nights- they should comp you for all the money the resort is getting paid!!! :)

Originally Posted by TinkerSofi View Post

Do you know if you are you allowed to use your group booking rewards towards a free reception if you get the complimentary package? It just seems too good to be true...

Hey guys! Anyone having problems gearing back from Zuniga via email? I was emailing back and forth with Lily from Zuniga a couple months ago. I answered a survey and she gace me a quote for all the reception decor. I emailed her recently to check in on everything and make sure there is nothing elae she needs from me, and no one has responded :-( just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem? Anyone have an email for Zuniga besides Lily's email? Thx!

Originally Posted by TinkerSofi View Post

Yes you can!  I am! Max 3 hours though. I had to pay for an additional hour plus all the extra, ipod setup, lighting, decor, etc etc

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Yes you can!! I had 40 guests- 99 room nights and I got the complimentary package.  I paid a total of $230 (cost of ipod tech/hookup) for my wedding ceremony/ reception (not counting the decorations I brought with me).  I got the complimentary wedding package, cocktail hour and wedding reception for free!!! When you bring in 40 people to their resort for 99 room nights- they should comp you for all the money the resort is getting paid!!! :)

Wow Shan $230 thats impressive. My bill is $4000 for all the extra's, damn! lol