Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#181 Renewing32

Renewing32
  • Jr. Member
  • 161 posts

    Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

    I can't remember if anyone asked this question already, but does Palace resorts allow you to release sky lanterns? Both my husband and my mother are deceased and i think releasing the lanterns is a great way to honor them at the ceremony.
    Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

    #182 NeeNeeLeake

    NeeNeeLeake
    • Newbie
    • 45 posts

      Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

      @renewing Honestly...talk to Janessa...shes really sweet and knowing the reason your parents won't be there for your wedding she will most likely find a way to make it happen. I have a similar situation and she got me everything i wanted for the memorial of my mom.



      #183 Renewing32

      Renewing32
      • Jr. Member
      • 161 posts

        Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

        @renewing Honestly...talk to Janessa...shes really sweet and knowing the reason your parents won't be there for your wedding she will most likely find a way to make it happen. I have a similar situation and she got me everything i wanted for the memorial of my mom.

        Thanks. I'm hoping we can do that.
        Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

        #184 Renewing32

        Renewing32
        • Jr. Member
        • 161 posts

          Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

          @renewing Honestly...talk to Janessa...shes really sweet and knowing the reason your parents won't be there for your wedding she will most likely find a way to make it happen. I have a similar situation and she got me everything i wanted for the memorial of my mom.

          Just heard back from Janessa and the sky lanterns are not allowed. She suggested we use the sand ceremony as a memorial.
          Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

          #185 LPerry

          LPerry
          • Newbie
          • 71 posts

            Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

            Originally Posted by Renewing32 

            I can't remember if anyone asked this question already, but does Palace resorts allow you to release sky lanterns? Both my husband and my mother are deceased and i think releasing the lanterns is a great way to honor them at the ceremony.


            What a great idea! Too bad you can't use them. My parents are both deceased, and my FI's father is as well. We are going to have empty seats for them on the front row. When he walks his mother down the aisle she's going to put a rose in the one next to her, and I'm carrying two extra roses to put in the two seats for my parents. We're also using "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as our recessional song - the Hawaiian version - b/c that song was special to my mom and they sang it at her funeral.

             

            I'd love to hear how other brides are honoring family members who are no longer living.



            #186 Renewing32

            Renewing32
            • Jr. Member
            • 161 posts

              Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

              I may just have my bridesmaids (they're singers) sing a song in their honor.
              Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

              #187 amh777

              amh777
              • Newbie
              • 117 posts

                Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

                Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

                I looked into getting an outside make up artist and and hairstylist- but they are pretty expensive AND you have to pay the $500 outside vendor free. So that was out! I too will be getting my hair, makeup done for myself and the bridesmaids at the resort. But i spoke to Janessa and if you plan on using the resort credit you cannot book in advance so you risk not getting in. If you pay for the services you can book one month out.

                For what its worth, i had an outside hair and makeup girl -- Melissa Parry w/ MVP (one person and she did both hair and makeup) and I just paid a guest pass fee for her, not the $500.00. They dont pay attention to who is coming in and out, just meet her @ the lobby and pay for a guest pass for her. if you have more than 1-2 people getting hair and makeup done then you might need her to bring another helper, but i think she could easily handle 1-2 people within 3-4 hours. She did a very nice job with makeup and hair-- got tons of compliments. I really didnt want to go w/ the people there and I'm glad that i didnt.



                #188 LPerry

                LPerry
                • Newbie
                • 71 posts

                  Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

                  Originally Posted by amh777 

                  For what its worth, i had an outside hair and makeup girl -- Melissa Parry w/ MVP (one person and she did both hair and makeup) and I just paid a guest pass fee for her, not the $500.00. They dont pay attention to who is coming in and out, just meet her @ the lobby and pay for a guest pass for her. if you have more than 1-2 people getting hair and makeup done then you might need her to bring another helper, but i think she could easily handle 1-2 people within 3-4 hours. She did a very nice job with makeup and hair-- got tons of compliments. I really didnt want to go w/ the people there and I'm glad that i didnt.


                  ahm777...

                   

                  Can I ask how much she charged?



                  #189 NeeNeeLeake

                  NeeNeeLeake
                  • Newbie
                  • 45 posts

                    Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

                    I'm doing the same...empty seat for my mother and his father with a Lily in it.

                     

                    @Renewing I'm so sorry they do not allow it. I hope you are able to work something out.

                    Originally Posted by LPerry 


                    What a great idea! Too bad you can't use them. My parents are both deceased, and my FI's father is as well. We are going to have empty seats for them on the front row. When he walks his mother down the aisle she's going to put a rose in the one next to her, and I'm carrying two extra roses to put in the two seats for my parents. We're also using "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as our recessional song - the Hawaiian version - b/c that song was special to my mom and they sang it at her funeral.

                     

                    I'd love to hear how other brides are honoring family members who are no longer living.



                    #190 LPerry

                    LPerry
                    • Newbie
                    • 71 posts

                      Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

                      Originally Posted by NeeNeeLeake 

                      I'm doing the same...empty seat for my mother and his father with a Lily in it.

                       

                      @Renewing I'm so sorry they do not allow it. I hope you are able to work something out.


                      NeeNee...

                      How much were the lilies? It was $60 for three single roses at the resort. I almost lost my lunch when Janessa sent me that.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users