Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#1881 jj575757

jj575757
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

@Danielle1 thanks so much for the advice. I do not qualify for the 75 room nights! However, I think doing the cocktail hour will be a lot cheaper! Also I wanted you guys to see what I am doing for my wedding invites. I have contacted the owner and she responded very quickly. I think they are so cute for a destination wedding!

https://weddingpassp...s/#!prettyPhoto

#1882 mj12102016

mj12102016
    • 4 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 10, 2016
    • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hi everyone!

My name is Jamella and my fiancé and I will be getting married on December 12th,2016 at Beach Palace. I am currently deciding on decor and I was told I would not be able to have tall centerpieces at my reception because of the wind. Does anyone know which terrace has the least amount of wind? I really do not want to have to spend the additional money for a ballroom location to avoid the wind. Someone please help!! Thanks!

#1883 stephygirl

stephygirl
    • 37 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 28, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Resort - Cancun, Mexico

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

@jj575757 - my quotes for a cocktail hour (for the wedding) were as follows:

From 10 to 20 guests - $400 USD
    From 21 to 30 guests - $600 USD
    From 31 to 40 guests - $800 USD
    From 41 to 50 guests - $1,000 USD

I assume it would be the same for a cocktail hour "welcome" event.  

My fiance and I are doing a rehearsal dinner at 6pm on the Infinity Terrace the night before the wedding.  We were quoted $55/person since we didn't meet the 75 room nights private event requirement (we only have 62 room nights).  As Danielle mentioned, they charge more for service to place such as the beach where they have to haul the food.

Has anyone used the free airport transfer with Trafic Tours as part of your Beach Palace Package?  This company is AWFUL.

They're so unresponsive.  I originally booked my transfer with them in February with no issues.  Then, my family ended up changing our flights (because American changed its flight times).  I emailed Trafic Tours to tell them our updated flight information, and didn't hear back for a week.  I followed up again via email, and still didn't hear back for another few weeks. Then, once I finallllllllllyyyyy heard back, they told me they'd send me a confirmation within 72 hours.  It's been a week and still nothing.  I just emailed the company again today - but am getting super frustrated.

I also emailed my WC multiple times talking about how unresponsive Trafic Tours is.  I don't want my guests to have to hound this company in order to get their "free" transfers.  I no longer consider it free if you have to spend a ton of your time trying to book transport.  

*RANT OVER*  :)

#1884 LauraM

LauraM
    • 232 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hi all! So I've been MIA but my wedding was may 1 @ BP and it was PERFECT! We did have various things go wrong but nothing mattered because the important things were spot on. Here's a short video one of our friends captured for us...

#1885 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
    • 948 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
    • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

@LauraM it looks like you guys had a blast! You looked so beautiful and most importantly, happy on your wedding day. Congratulations, I'm so glad you had a great wedding despite anything that went wrong. All the best to you and your hubby.
    My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1886 Danielle1

Danielle1
    • 125 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

@LauraM Congratulations! You look so happy and beautiful and it looks like your wedding was a blast.  The video is very cool! Thank you for sharing.

#1887 jj575757

jj575757
    • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

hey! who is everyone using for photo's? anyone know who is a preferred vendor at the resort so I don't have to pay an outside vendor fee!

#1888 stephygirl

stephygirl
      • 37 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

@Danielle1 I received my final purchase order and for my Zuniga lighting there was only a labor in/out and transportation fee for a total of $200.  There was no event decor planning fee!  We ended up going with 2 gold LED votive candles at each table, white under the table lights, and then the 4 columns with 2 string lanterns.  The whole thing (including the $200 fee) ended up being about $1,115.  

@mj12102016 Hi Jamella - welcome and congrats!  I'm heading to Beach Palace at the end of the month and can let you know about the wind!  My fiance and I are having an event on the Infinity Terrace, the Sky Deck, the Sky Bar South, and the Palenque Terrace - so I should be able to give you a good idea of the least windy spot!  I'll provide an update once we return in the beginning of July!

@jj575757 - we are using DreamArts photography, which is BP's preferred vendor at the resort.  They've been great so far, and very responsive.  Prices are pretty much equivalent to what'd you'd find in the US, but DreamArts gets good reviews and it ended up being cheaper for us than outside vendors we liked.  I've googled "Beach Palace Cancun Wedding Photo" and have seen people use a variety of different outside vendors if you want to compare prices and photo quality.

Also an update on TraficTours - they've been extra-responsive lately and we've gotten everyone's transfers booked.  Very happy now!

#1889 Danielle1

Danielle1
      • 125 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Beach Palace

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

@stephygirl Thank you so much for the info! Your wedding is so close. :) Do you feel like things started to come together once you got your onsite coordinator? I'm hoping mine will be more responsive than the current coordinator!

#1890 stephygirl

stephygirl
      • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:59 AM

@Danielle1 Oh my goodness I know, I'm getting so nervous and excited!  So honestly my original wedding coordinator was not very responsive at all until the past couple of weeks.  Part of it may have been that we didn't have a final count until April 28th (for our June 28th wedding) so I didn't finalize the "wedding information" excel spreadsheet until the beginning of May.  But things have really started to come together over the past few weeks.  My guess is that they tend to focus more on your wedding when it's 1-2 months out.  I can't remember if our wedding contract mentioned anything about having everything scheduled/paid for x days in advance, but we literally just paid for our purchase order yesterday!

Also, just yesterday my onsite wedding coordinator was assigned to me.  My original WC basically just cc'd the onsite WC on an email and said the onsite WC would contact me shortly to schedule an appointment during the first day of my stay at the resort.  Haven't heard from the new onsite WC yet, but it's only been a day so I'll cut her some slack  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users