2048 replies to this topic

#1861 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

@Danielle1 I am working with Zuniga and i've had a great experience. I actually had a terrible experience with Latin Asia. They were trying to sell me things for the lighting that I didn't need and it was an extra $500. After I told them that Zuniga wasn't charging me for that.. then they starting saying they could remove the charge. I just didn't like the way they tried to sneak it in there.

I'm dealing with Lily at Zuniga and she was super helpful. There were a few items that Latin had for cheaper and I asked her if she could match the price.. she did. I actually preferred Zuniga's selection more because they had better lighting options. 

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1862 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

@perianjay oh Lily is the one who never wrote me back! Maybe I should try her again? Or, maybe I had the wrong email address.  I'm glad to hear that they matched the price.  Do they do flowers as well or just decor? 

#1863 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

@Danielle1 I think they do flowers as well, but i'm not 100% sure. I'm not buying any flowers since I found alternative ways around it.

My planning thread :

#1864 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

@perianjay ok thanks! I will wait a little longer maybe and see if they respond. :)  What are you doing instead of flowers?

#1865 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

@Danielle1 Well, i'm using my complimentary bouquet (20 white roses) for my centrepieces. I'm having three guest tables + head table. So i'm going to split them amongst my guest tables and add babys breath (i'm bringing my own mason jars for the vases). For the head table i'm going to use my real touch flowers for the floral accents. I'm having a bouquet of real touch peonies made from a vendor off of Etsy it's costing me a very small portion of the price that it would have cost if I got a bouquet made in Mexico.

My planning thread :

#1866 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

@perianjay that sounds awesome.  Can you share with me what vendor you are using for the real touch flowers? I may do that for my rehearsal dinner centerpieces.  Have you seen them in person? I wonder if it would be too risky to do that for bridesmaid bouquets.

#1867 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

@Danielle1 I'm using them for my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquetsm, boutonnieres, corsages and aisle runners lol.

I've read reviews on the company and as long as they photograph really well I will be happy. It was a HUGE savings for me to go this way and I couldn't justify spending $3-400 on one bouquet alone. I was able to use that money toward other areas of the wedding instead. The guest tables will have real flowers so i'm happy with that.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StempleShopThis is the vendor I went with. Nathan is the owner and he's been so amazing to work with.

My planning thread :

#1868 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

@perianjay That is awesome! How are you transporting them all there without them getting crushed? (Or maybe they don't crush... haha) Have you seen them in person? I'm just wondering if they really look like real flowers. 

#1869 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

@Danielle1 I haven't seen them in person, but I combed through his reviews on Etsy and he has a ton of 5* reviews. I'm going to try my best to transport them delicately, but they aren't real flowers so i'm sure if they squish a bit, I can poof them back up. They aren't very delicate looking when I look at the photos.. they look like they would hold up well during travel.

My planning thread :

#1870 stephygirl

stephygirl
  • 37 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Resort - Cancun, Mexico

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

Hi everyone!  First time poster here - I'm getting married at beach palace in about ONE MONTH!  The ceremony will be on the Sky Terrace, the cocktail hour on the Sky Bar South, and the reception on the Palenque Terrace.

I'm trying to set up a rehearsal dinner with my WC - but apparently it's $55/person even though we have 60+ room nights (36 attendees) and are purchasing the Metallic Sands Collection.  I've heard of others getting their rehearsal dinner for free...not sure why we don't qualify.  Does anyone have any insight?

Also, I know some people were worried about the wind, so thought I'd share what I'm doing to combat it!  I'm using veil weights (bought on Etsy) so my veil doesn't blow around too much.  For the table name cards we're using Wilton ivory tent cards, and then my fiance is taping washers to the inside to weight them down.

RIGHT AS I POSTED THIS WE RECEIVED OUR WEDDING PURCHASE ORDER - EEEEEK!

Edited by stephygirl, 27 May 2015 - 07:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users