Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#1211 MegBride

MegBride
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm sorry too, nor could I believe it was happening. Not to worry - I'm sure I was the fluke. lol. 

Just make sure you have everything written down that you can hand them. But I think it depends on who your coordinator is. I am sure everything will go very smoothly - just have your ducks in a row just in case. I'm still working on my review, but just make sure you know EXACTLY what you are getting in terms of your "backup" space. Make sure that you are happy with it before the day of, and if you are not.... DEMAND they pipe and drape the location to make you happy, if it looks like weather may be an issue. They have the service available, its a lot of work, but they can and will do it. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!    

Ahhhh not a good time for me to see this! My wedding is in less than two weeks! This is the only bad review I have heard of so far. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience

#1212 babystace1985

babystace1985
    • 155 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Good luck @Erika LoveJones! So exciting! Please let us all know how things go
      Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#1213 Brandi Robinson

Brandi Robinson
      • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Thank you for your advice!!! I will get everything in order this week and keep this all in mind when I get there!

#1214 Bella Rios

Bella Rios
        • 65 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 14, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
        • LocationBeach Palace

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Who was your coordinator

#1215 louloubelle

louloubelle
        • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hello, ladies! I received my contract today for my wedding on December 13, 2014! There was a lot of back and forth and some confusion, but in the end, everything worked out! I just need to send in my deposit to confirm everything.  My plan is to use the complimentary ceremony and then use whatever I qualify for as the reception, whether that is just the dinner reservation or a private event. I want to keep it as low cost and stress free as possible. Any advice?

#1216 cheryllau

cheryllau
          • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Hi ladies, we just got back last night. I am sorry to say that nothing went according to plan. The week was the most stressful week of my life. I spent the majority of the time crying in my tequila shot. I will say that the on site staff worked very hard to fix things, but that experience was exactly what I was trying to avoid by doing a destination wedding. Couldn't be more disappointed. I will be putting together a formal review, but when I say nothing, I mean nothing. Think twice about BP if you are adding anything beyond their standard package (and even that didn't get set up correctly) If you are using ocean photo and doing the live stream, don't bother it didn't work. You will also need to give them a mandatory photo list in advance, but also have one ready for the photographer on the day of. If you go with JSAV. Make the play list for them, the entire playlist. And even then it was hit and miss. Tania was great, we did have a hair issue, but it was resolved quickly The staff at the bars were amazing. The event staff tried to fix their breech of contract as best they could, but wow. I should not have to do their jobs for them. My fiancé, brother, father, and I all spent days of what was supposed to be vacation yelling at these people. Apparently that was the only way to get to higher management to get things resolved. Worst experience ever. The actual day ended up acceptable, but only because I believe my brother and fiancé worked so hard and we had some divine intervention to clear the weather long enough to still have the ceremony on the sky deck. I promise I will get more details to you ASAP.

Oh no! My wedding is in 5 weeks!! Please give us any advice to avoid the same experience! Can't wait to read the review!

#1217 shmanderz

shmanderz
            • 108 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 10, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Cancun
            • LocationAirdrie, Alberta

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

I spoke with my wedding coordinator yesterday and was asking about the table sizes that BP provides for the private reception on the sky terrece.  She mentioned the round tables fit 8 but can squeeze 10 if needed....I am going to have three tables for my guests but it looks like we might need to make one table a 10 person table since two more guests are planning to book.

Did anyone or Is anyone planning to fit 10 at a round table?  Was it WAY too squished?

Thanks!!

#1218 Heyily

Heyily
            • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hello, ladies! I received my contract today for my wedding on December 13, 2014! There was a lot of back and forth and some confusion, but in the end, everything worked out! I just need to send in my deposit to confirm everything.  My plan is to use the complimentary ceremony and then use whatever I qualify for as the reception, whether that is just the dinner reservation or a private event. I want to keep it as low cost and stress free as possible. Any advice?

Hello! I am also doing the complimentary package and am keeping costs as low as possible! My wedding date is about 20 days away...I'll be sure to write a review and provide pictures :) Happy Planning! Illy

#1219 louloubelle

louloubelle
              • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thanks! That will be great! I'm curious as well to what the weather is like this time of year. I've only been in Spring and Summer.

#1220 kokobellaa

kokobellaa
                • Site Supporter
                • 22 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 31, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Beach Palace

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

Who is the make-up/hair stylist that the resort includes in their packages? Would you recommend using them for hair/ make up or an outside stylist? If you were using the resort's stylist, were you able to get a trial before your event?

I will be having a indian ceremony and need a make-up and hair stylist that has experience in indian bridal work.

Renal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users