Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

#461 adales

adales
  • Site Supporter
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Love these!  Are you bringing all of the materials with you or hoping to buy stuff while down there?

Originally Posted by Ms.H 

Just finalized our centerpieces today....we're going with one I saw on here, but instead of the orchids, we're going with cala lillies (to match our bouquets).

centerpiece7.jpg

We're just putting the 3 of them on each table and then putting votives around them to provide a bit more lighting.

#462 zelda062

zelda062
    • 162 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

I am trying to come up with an idea for inexpensive centerpieces.   Our colors are fuchsia and orange.  I got these black trays and fuchsia candles at IKEA and added some sand and shells.  Let me know what you think.  Are the fuchsia candles too much?  Should I just go with white?  Any suggestions?

2010-10-30_17-00-06_623.jpg

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#463 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Zelda - I like the centerpieces, those are our colors too. Do you think the candles will last all night though? 

#464 L&J

L&J
        • 153 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

Mocha, If those candles are from Ikea, you can always buy them ahead of time and and do a test run to see how long they burn.  I

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

#465 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
          • Banned
          • 630 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:22 AM

I think the fuschia candles are a good idea so they contrast with the light colored sand.  One question I have for you:  where are you having your reception?  If it is outside, will the wind blow them out?  I only ask because I have heard it will be windy on the beach at my resort so exposed candles won't work for me.

As for how long they will burn - if they don't last for the whole reception I don't think it is a big deal.  To me, centerpieces are about the first impression and during dinner.  After that people are up and dancing.

#466 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
            • 232 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

Zelda, I really like those.  As long as wind is not an issue as someone else mentioned I think they look great!

#467 zelda062

zelda062
              • 162 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Our reception is inside, so no worries about the wind.  I don't really like the black of the tray though the more I look at it.  I put together another one but I have not been able to find fuchsia or orange candles yet.  What do you think of this one?  How could I incorporate our colors?

centerpiece.jpg

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#468 lisadias

lisadias
                • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

I like the clear better than the black also and the larger pillar looks better too! You could use smaller votive candles around the larger centerpiece with your colors or you could add tropical flowers in your colors. Love the addition of the starfish!

#469 Nan

Nan
                  • 599 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

That is a beautiful centerpiece! I prefer the glass tray to the black one...Is there any way you could mix orange and fucsia candles? Why donĀ“t you put the candles inside a vase so that they last burning longer?

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#470 sxcT

sxcT
                    • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

I like the second one too.  To add in your colors you could always do a ribbon around the candle in one or both of your wedding colors.  I love that look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users