Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2711 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sjay 

Any GTA-area brides going to the National Bridal Show this weekend in Mississauga? I've less than 3 months to go, but I'm going to look for a last few small things I need...plus I love the freebies, especially the magazines! :)

I've been looking for an online promo code but I'm coming up empty - does anyone have one?

I'll keep searching and if I find one, I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks!

Oooooh, I'm going to the same one - in October.  Can't wait.  I'm going with two other friends who are also getting married!  We will be bride crazy!!! 

#2712 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I didn't even realize the show was this weekend. I may check it out. Thanks!!

#2713 Mlite83

Mlite83
      • 384 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

WagJag has a deal today for the Toronto Bridal Show Sept 28-30, $15 for admission for 2.

http://wagjag.com/?w...w - Sept 9 2012

#2714 indymom3

indymom3
        • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

I love your boarding pass. Is there anyway that you could share your template. I can find them for Word but I only have photoshop. Thank you so much!

#2715 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
          • 227 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for sharing!!

#2716 Sjay

Sjay
            • 205 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

My FI is looking for an off-white dress shirt to wear for our wedding and he's having trouble finding one. (He can't wear white as my dress is light ivory in colour and he in white would make my dress look yellow.)

He's checked Moore's (they had the colour but the shirts were HUGE, like a tent), Tip Top Tailors, Pinstripe, The Bay, Harry Rosen, GAP, H&M, Zara... can't remember where else. Still need to check Sears.

I can't be the only bride wearing diamond wihte/light ivory - where did your FI an off-white dress shirt? Oh, and we're in Toronto, so preferably something in the GTA.

Thanks!

#2717 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

My FI is looking for an off-white dress shirt to wear for our wedding and he's having trouble finding one. (He can't wear white as my dress is light ivory in colour and he in white would make my dress look yellow.)

He's checked Moore's (they had the colour but the shirts were HUGE, like a tent), Tip Top Tailors, Pinstripe, The Bay, Harry Rosen, GAP, H&M, Zara... can't remember where else. Still need to check Sears.

I can't be the only bride wearing diamond wihte/light ivory - where did your FI an off-white dress shirt? Oh, and we're in Toronto, so preferably something in the GTA.

Thanks!

FI shops at Moore's frequently and has the same problem... he is 6'7" and about 160 lbs... so in order to get it to fit his torso and arms, he has to buy "tent shirts" like that, and then get them fitted. 

So if that is the only place you can find with that colour, see if they think that is a good idea It would depend on the fit and style.

Otherwise, have you looked online?

#2718 AD2012

AD2012
                • 240 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks!

We have the same problem. We ended up finding his shirt at Hugo Boss. 

#2719 Sjay

Sjay
                  • 205 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Peach 

FI shops at Moore's frequently and has the same problem... he is 6'7" and about 160 lbs... so in order to get it to fit his torso and arms, he has to buy "tent shirts" like that, and then get them fitted. 

So if that is the only place you can find with that colour, see if they think that is a good idea It would depend on the fit and style.

Otherwise, have you looked online?

Thanks Peach. He may end up back at Moore's to do just that.

I don't think he's really looked online. I'm sure he could find something there but then he'd be taking a chance with the colour as what you see online isn't necessarily what it might be in life.

He's going to check out a clothing store that specializes in clothes for shorter men. He's average height, but he needs a 15 neck, 32/33 arm and a slim fit so the hope is there might be some selection there.

#2720 Sjay

Sjay
                    • 205 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by AD2012 

We have the same problem. We ended up finding his shirt at Hugo Boss. 

Thanks AD2012. We've been trying to think of labels that offer slimmer fits and Hugo Boss is on our radar, we just haven't found the right colour or size yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users