Photo

Wedding Shower/Bachelorette "swag" bags .... my obsession with OOT bags translated to my best friends wedding!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

So once deciding on OOT bags for my own wedding I became OBSESSED with them and since mine are pretty much complete (If I could only get my wandering shopping eyes under control) I decided we would do a similar idea for my best friends bachelorette on Wednesday!!!!

I will be flying in for her wedding as it is in Halifax Nova Scotia (where I used to live) and I am in Toronto, Ontario.  She did not ask for a bachelorette and her Mom help an intimate family shower for her in June but since myself and 2 other of her 4 bridesmaids couldn't make it as we are all flying in from out of town I really wanted to do something special for her.  She said we would have our own bachelorette/slumber party (back to our kiddie days) at the hotel the night before the wedding just her and her BMs but I feel she was only saying this because she didn't want any of us to feel obligated to come in ahead of time.  She is so awesome and I really wanted to throw and Surprise party for her but since she is not a go downtown hard partying drinking kind of girl annnnnnd I don't live in the same city anymore it definitely took a little work and organizing.  I hope all goes well this coming Wednesday when we try and pull off a surprise at her own home!!!!!

We will be doing an At Home Spa Party, all the ladies chose a service and the spa is coming to us, we will have drinks and snacks and play my favourite take on the lingerie party (the panty game) and so I thought celebrity style "swag bags" were the perfect addition to our low key bachelorette for my bff. 

I thought I would share with my fellow brides and DIYers as much can be the same for our wedding OOTs but it is also a nice idea for your own showers or bachelorettes!!!!!!  As always I will include a detailed price breakdown and shopping list!!!!

I created stickers with the logo I also designed and each guests name on it (the bag pictured is for the "Mother of the Groom" and stuck them to green cardstock which I then glued to pink cardstock (her colours). I also created personalized labels for the lip chap and bubbles (templates below)

The "Swag Bags" 

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

The Contents (Coconut Key Lime Candle, Body Pouf, Nail Kit, Bubble Bath, Lip Chap)

IMG_3273.JPG

Bubble Bath front label up close (there is also a back label with the ingredients etc.)

IMG_3274.JPG

Shopping List and Price Break Down

Bags -$0.50 each          2 for $1 at Dollarama (CANADA)

Tissue - $0.05 each      20 sheets for $1 at Dollarama (CANADA)

Nail Kits (include bamboo cuticle stick, large file, foot file, clippers and toe separators) -$1 Dollar Tree (US)

Candle - 1 for $1 at Michaels (US) they have them in Canada for $1.50

Bubble Bath - $0.64 each                      7 for $4.49 at The Bargain Shop (CANADA)

Lip Chap Aquafina Brand - $0.63            2 for $1.25 at Dollarama (CANADA)

Pouf - $0.20 each                                 5 for $1 at Everything for a Dollar Store (US)

- best deal I found thought I believe dollarama has 4 for $1 now... look around you can get these cheap cheap!

Ribbon for bag tags - $1.00 or $0.05 per bag (we did 20 bags)

Card stock - $3 on sale at michaels for a package of 60 sheets or $0.15 per bag (obviously did not use it all and was able to use some for my own OOT bag labels!!!)

Sticker Labels - $0.60 each                   25 sheets for $14.99 at Staples (staples brand) (CANADA)

Printing $4.00 total or $0.20 per bag - I had the labels printed at staples as I was out of ink for my printer and wanted to get them done this was NOT the cheapest option but it made sense at the time!

Total Cost per bag - $5.02 or approximately  $5.73 with tax (tax rate is all different in US and Canada but I used the higher of the two for arguments sake)

I wanted to keep the bags around $5 a bag for contents and I was able to do the contents, bags, tissue and printing along with a ton of personalization annnnnd tax for under $6 so I am VERY happy with the final costs!  I hope you like the bags!!!!!!

Happy planning    

Attached Files

#2 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

i luv your labels, but how do i edit them lol??? not a big fan of power point as i have no idea how to work it lol.....but  you did a great job on these

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#3 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
      • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

What a great idea!! I also love the idea of a at-home spa party, a great option for those whose bridal parties may not be 21!

#4 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
        • 402 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

they look so nice. Great job!

#5 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
          • 206 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Love this! I also want to create "swag" bags for my ladies. The spa theme was such a cute and thoughtful idea...I'm sure she is going to feel so touched!

#6 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

Thanks ladies!!! Leigh I can help you out with editing lol

#7 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
              • 995 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

the pink & green is PERFECT!!!

another GREAT JOB!!

R~

#8 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

big SMILES LOL LOL thanx hun...one of these days we should just give ur numbers and talk on the phone lmao and i would luv your help!!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Thanks ladies!!! Leigh I can help you out with editing lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

What a neat idea.  I will definately remember this for future things.

#10 jamieirene

jamieirene
                  • 650 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Omg these r so nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users