Jump to content

Photo

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera


  • Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#911 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
  • Jr. Member
  • 340 posts

    Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

    Originally Posted by meganator22 

    I see all you ladies saying you guys get a kick back for booking so many rooms. Should I ask our travel agent? Also did you guys have to choose from having people put down "deposits" or a "promo code (which apparently you don't get a locked down rate, you may or may not owe more) If that makes any sense at all. Thanks so much. 

    Hi meganator22,

    Our guests had to put down a deposit of $250 per couple to 'lock' their price in and then their full amount is due 6 weeks before take off. We had this option through our TA/Apple Vacations. We are also flying out of a major city with a chartered flight so that had a lot to do with it. That's also how we're getting a 'kick back'/free room. I'd see what your TA can do for you all.

    Best,

    Melissa



    #912 melnryluvco

    melnryluvco
    • Jr. Member
    • 340 posts

      Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

      Originally Posted by hayleymarch13 

      Melissa,

       

      Thank you so much for your advise, sounds like a great sound system. I will let you know how we get on with it after the date as I see yours follows in May! Thanks again x

      Of course! Good luck and I would love to see how the Bose does down there so make sure to update me



      #913 SamM

      SamM
      • Newbie
      • 23 posts

        Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

        I know I have sent a bunch of you ladies my budget sheet from Ramon and I am sure this goes without saying...I just want to make sure no one will use it as a 'bargaining' tool so to speak.  Because it has my name on it, I would hate for someone to say 'well Samantha got quoted this price', instead say 'I have a budget sheet that says differently' when referring to a price.  Obviously, we all know the pricing can change and at the bottom of my budget sheet it says for December 2012.  I don't want them coming  to me saying I was giving out confidential stuff, even though it doesn't say it is, my fiance now has me paranoid AFTER I tell him I have sent it to some of you!  :)  oh well! 

         

        I have no problem sharing any information I get and am glad to help you all, please just consider not using my name because I cannot figure out how to get off of a PDF.

         

        Thanks ladies and wish you the best, let's get murried! 



        #914 meganator22

        meganator22
        • Newbie
        • 79 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
        • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
        • LocationMichigan

        Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

        Originally Posted by TauruSmith 

        Chedck with your travel agent. It is probably different depending on their relationship with the resort! We put a deposit down for a certain numberof rooms in order to ensure availability.

         

        Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

        Hi meganator22,

        Our guests had to put down a deposit of $250 per couple to 'lock' their price in and then their full amount is due 6 weeks before take off. We had this option through our TA/Apple Vacations. We are also flying out of a major city with a chartered flight so that had a lot to do with it. That's also how we're getting a 'kick back'/free room. I'd see what your TA can do for you all.

        Best,

        Melissa

        Thank you! I asked her and she said for a group discount I would have to have at least 6 rooms, which I am sure we will have. Wow! I didn't know you get kickbacks from flights. That's awesome to know. Did all of your guests and yourself fly in the same plane? 



        #915 melnryluvco

        melnryluvco
        • Jr. Member
        • 340 posts

          Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

          Originally Posted by meganator22 

           

          Thank you! I asked her and she said for a group discount I would have to have at least 6 rooms, which I am sure we will have. Wow! I didn't know you get kickbacks from flights. That's awesome to know. Did all of your guests and yourself fly in the same plane? 

          Apple works directly with the airline carriers and one of them is Fronteir which is based out of Denver so they are able to get even better prices. My FI and I and his family leave on a Mon and my fam and our friends comes out Tue. Kinda glad we are getting there a day ahead to get everything in order.



          #916 melnryluvco

          melnryluvco
          • Jr. Member
          • 340 posts

            Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

            Originally Posted by SamM 

            I know I have sent a bunch of you ladies my budget sheet from Ramon and I am sure this goes without saying...I just want to make sure no one will use it as a 'bargaining' tool so to speak.  Because it has my name on it, I would hate for someone to say 'well Samantha got quoted this price', instead say 'I have a budget sheet that says differently' when referring to a price.  Obviously, we all know the pricing can change and at the bottom of my budget sheet it says for December 2012.  I don't want them coming  to me saying I was giving out confidential stuff, even though it doesn't say it is, my fiance now has me paranoid AFTER I tell him I have sent it to some of you!  :)  oh well! 

             

            I have no problem sharing any information I get and am glad to help you all, please just consider not using my name because I cannot figure out how to get off of a PDF.

             

            Thanks ladies and wish you the best, let's get murried! 

            I think that goes without say but you never know. My FI would probably be the same way about me sharing the pricing sheet. But it is a "pricing sheet/quote" so I would hope that BDW brides on here that you and I both have shared the pricing sheet with would know the definition of a "quote". I think you should be good! I honestly don't think any of the ladies on here would throw each other under the bus. And if they do we'll hang 'em up by their toes



            #917 Noxx

            Noxx
            • Newbie
            • 97 posts

              Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

              Originally Posted by KelsDavidson62 

              Can anyone give advice about how to choose dinner selections and appetizers? Anel, told me I could give my guest two choices, so I want to make sure I am picking the best options. Also, the appetizers do not have any descriptions. Previous brides what did you choose and what do you recommend or not recommend?

              Ramon has told me that i had to have a set menu for my guests :( maybe i should ask Anel instead lol. My invites have already been sent out but it would have been nice to have an option. 

              As for the discriptions, They are horrible. I am a chef and i had no idea what some of the apps were. i google imaged a few. You can also mix and match from the divine and eternity if you choose the divine package. Also i was able to cut out the soup and add another Hor o'deourve in the cocktail hour



              #918 nlh1227

              nlh1227
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

                Hello! I have a question about the chairs in divine package. What would be the price difference for having white chairs with the white cushion rather than the white covered chairs? Also, do you transfer the chairs from the beach to reception?

                Attached Files



                #919 Moments That Matter

                Moments That Matter

                  Diamond Vendor

                • Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

                  Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

                  Congrats nlh1227 on your Now Sapphire wedding coming up!!! Here's one of the wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured there at a wedding reception - to show you the chairs they were using.......with more at*

                   

                  team MTM asst Lynda :)


                  MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

                   

                   

                  Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

                  Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

                   

                  Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

                  Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

                  Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

                   

                  We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

                                      100% Satisfaction Guarantee


                  #920 KelsDavidson62

                  KelsDavidson62
                  • Newbie
                  • 11 posts

                    Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

                    Thanks for the response. We actually selected our foods options this weekend. Google was great help with the apps since the descriptions for some items are not helpful. I actually met with Anel back in January and she informed me you don't need a seating chart just a key for the servers to know what guest is getting what type of food just like a wedding back here in the states. For example, she just needs to know if you put a purple sticker on their name card to represent a beef option. Also, if you want to cut cost and still do the divine package you can select food options from the eternity menu and just get charged extra for the eternity menu if you are over 25 people. I think it is $94 (eternity) vs $99(divine) plus tax and service charge. Not a big difference but every penny counts when you are planning a wedding. We are still debating if we need all the extras in the divine package though since we decided on food options from the eternity menu and the $600 extra to upgrade to the divine package could help with paying for the extra food for the 44 guest that we have coming. I know if the wedding booklet under the divine package it gives a description for the wedding set up with white chair covers, etc. Dose anyone know is that set up the same for the eternity package?     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users