Photo

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#691 KellawayandHank

KellawayandHank
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Has anyone added in the photo booth for their wedding?  The price is a little high but I have been to many wedding with these photos booths and everyone has had a blast.

#692 craftygal

craftygal
    • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm also confused about the cocktail hour. Where is it held? Do your guest just wander around the dinner tables until dinner? Or do you have to rent a crazy amount of furniture for people to sit on? 

#693 blay0204

blay0204
      • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

Wow! Beautiful. I wonder if I can have one long rectangular table or if they have to be all round. How many guests are you having? I expect a full report and detailed pics and lots of FUN to be had since you get married before me!

EEEk! So excited! This is where I am having my ceremony and reception as well... Looks beautiful:) I like the idea of the ceremony being very close to the reception site so guests wont have to go to far. Thanks for posting these pics!

#694 blay0204

blay0204
        • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Honestly if you have 70 people LTLFAITHY had a great idea about having a buffet. We don't have enough to do that but it certainly is a lot cheaper!

I received an email back from Ramon yesterday about this. We have the divine package and as of now we have 54 guests. He said "the buffet will basically be the same price as the sit down..." He also disregarded my question about using the included photographer for the rehearsal dinner and said "please note that our packages cannot be altered/ substituted" That's a different story that I an getting from other brides on this forum... So I think my next step is contacting Anel to clarify...:) Ill keep you posted...

#695 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
          • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Amy G- YAY! Do you have any pics or did you do a review for the resort? Any suggestions on meal choices and what to stay away from? You opened up a can of worms and now we'll all be asking you since you've already been down there. Congrats by the way!

#696 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
            • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by blay0204 

I received an email back from Ramon yesterday about this. We have the divine package and as of now we have 54 guests. He said "the buffet will basically be the same price as the sit down..." He also disregarded my question about using the included photographer for the rehearsal dinner and said "please note that our packages cannot be altered/ substituted" That's a different story that I an getting from other brides on this forum... So I think my next step is contacting Anel to clarify...:) Ill keep you posted...

Yeah I've heard from other brides that they've been able to subsitute/alter certain aspects. I kinda feel like they pick and choose who'll they'll allow to alter packages. Which is super unfair

#697 SamM

SamM
              • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

I am looking at the Divine package and wasn't sure about if there was any taxes added on, so I emailed Ramon and he said he wasn't sure at first, then I just heard back this morning that there is an additional 11% tax and food and beverage is 11% and 15% service charge...Doesn't make sense on a package when it is all lumped together, so I told him to break it down for me and to show me where in the paperwork/website where it says there is a tax on the package.  I'll keep you updated - but in the meantime, can anyone clear this up??

#698 hayleymarch13

hayleymarch13
                • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

What I dont understand with the cocktail hour is that we are all inclusive anyway and so I thought paying for the cocktail hour was basically paying for the service, but then they add service and tax ontop of the initial price and so it seems its just another way of charging more money.

I am sure it will all be lovely and work out fine but it is slightly annoying not knowing upfront what you have to pay for and what your actually getting for that money before the event!

Very exciting though x

#699 AmyG

AmyG
                  • 189 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi melnryluvco,

I posted some pics on this thread on Page 31 and then a link to my slideshow on Page 34.  I never did a full review, but I did post some 'pointers' on Page 33...and some pages right before and after that.

I chose the Divine package and I picked the beef for dinner and it was delicious!!  The wedding dinner was very very good and the service was amazing.

Let me know if you have any other questions!  :-)

-Amy

Amy G- YAY! Do you have any pics or did you do a review for the resort? Any suggestions on meal choices and what to stay away from? You opened up a can of worms and now we'll all be asking you since you've already been down there. Congrats by the way!

#700 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                    • Vendor
                    • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by blay0204 

Great, thanks for the info! I am looking into DelSol photography, so far they have been very quick to respond and their pictures look great. Hopefully they are within our budget:)

Hi Brittiany,

Thanks for thinking of us!!

We would love to be part of your day and look forward to working with you.

Best wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users