To registry or not to registry??

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#71 Sdamian1

• 132 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

I did a small registry at a nicer place macys and then a small one at target because when i hadn't done I kept getting the same "where are you registered??" so i thought Ill give them an option but wont post it on anything. I don't think it's rude to have a registry and specially if you are having an AHR :)

#72 CafeDelMar21

• 130 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

What I did was use http://www.myregistry.com/ and added a few items that I wouldn't mind getting but you can open a "Gift Registry" as well as be able to choose items from the internet rather than from a single store.

Here is mine if you want to see what I mean, http://www.myregistr...80-364B63DBCF9B

I also only put the registry on my website so if they ask, I tell them to go there and they will see that they have an option.

Hope this helps!

#73 CafeDelMar21

• 130 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Sorry I meant to say you can open a "Give a Cash Gift" (which uses Paypal so you know the money is secure)

#74 MissyB313

• 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

We're having a formal DW in Las Vegas. I don't wan't to get any physical gifts either. I did register and quite a few places for our wedding shower my MOH and BM are throwing will be throwing us. That is the only reason I made a registry, and although I have been asked many times by potential guests, I will not be putting any registry info in our invitation suite. If they tell me they can't make it and ask me then I'll tell them where I'm registered. 

#75 joda

• 205 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

We put together a small registry because we had a few people ask, and I figured better to get a few things we actually want. I did put a link on our website, but just working on getting the right wording so people know we do not expect anything.

#76 stefkva

• 188 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the info!

#77 tyandnique

• 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think we will do a small registry for those who want to give gifts. It will be listed on our website with a disclaimer, but will not be printed on invites.

#78 Cynlee143

• 174 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Great post! Were trying to decide the same thing. Nice to hear everyone's feedback on this topic!! Thanks Ladies!

#79 tyandnique

• 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Ironically, I was contacted by one of my guests, and she requested that we create a registry!! She agreed that it shouldn't be printed on the invitations, so as to give the impression that gifts are expected.

Another thing to consider is using something like simple registry which is a cash registry, but allows you to put items on it, then people give you cash for the specific item that suits them most. And for big ticket items you can break them down into several units (e.g., a $500 item can be broken down into 5 $100 units). 

Cash registries are probably most ideal because you dont want people lugging a gift on an airplane that you have to lug back home.

#80 marilili

• 200 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

I didn't know these cash registires existed.  Pretty cool, is there a website or something to start one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users