Photo

How Is Everyone Distributing Their Welcome Bags??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 matty-g

matty-g
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Hey Gals,
    Just wondering how everyone was distributing their welcome bags if they are not having a welcome dinner/luncheon? Ideally I would have liked to have left the bags with the hotel and have them give it to my guests as they check in. However, not all of my guests are staying in the same hotel. I was thinking of sending the bags to people's homes when I get their "yes" response card. What do you guys think? HELP!

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

This was one of the wedding dilemma's I had that kept me up at night. I didn't know how I was going to transport all of my oot bags (40 of them) to the DR so I, after much debate, gave them out at my meet and greet bar'b'q. This worked out great everyone was appreciative and I think it set the tone for the wedding, all of a sudden it was taken a little more seriously. I asked everyone to please remember their travel cups, and everyone did and used them, and loved them, all week. Most people remembered the actual bag also, which was a mesh beach bag. I am glad I gave them to everyone before it was so much easier. at my farewell dinner I gave everyone shell necklaces that we got in the DR to thank them all for coming.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

i made a chart of when guests were checking into the resort and every morning i would bring their bags down to the reception desk so they were given to guests as they checked in.

it was an extra treat for them...and didnt cost me anythign extra (to deliver the bags was $5 each and i had like 60 bags)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 matty-g

matty-g
      • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the idea. However, we are on a tight budget and can't do a meet and greet party. Any other suggestions?

#5 MelissaH

MelissaH
        • 1,724 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:22 AM

I did the same thing as Tammy - except instead of giving them to reception I just met each person as they checked in. Anywho I happened to miss for whatever reason got theirs at our welcome breakfast :)

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:47 AM

what about having the Westin handle it?

either have them give them out at check in OR pay to have them delivered to the rooms that evening.

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

Are you going to have a rental car? i know some girls drove their welcome bags to whatever hotel their guests were staying at the day they were to arrive. Worst case scenario you could hand them out after the wedding, if your wedding is early on in everyone's stay.

You could mail them after the RSVP, but if you decide to mail them, i'd wait until a week or two before the wedding.

All of my guest were at the same hotel, so I just had the front desk people hand them out as guests arrived. I took the bags down each morning.

#8 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:39 PM

I think we may give them out at the welcome dinner.

#9 Lorilou

Lorilou
                • 533 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

even though you aren't having a hosted welcome drinks, maybe just extend an invitation for everyone to mix and mingle before the wedding and then distribute then? Maybe do it when it's a happy hour at one of the hotels, sometimes buy one get one free cocktails?

#10 saraece

saraece
                  • 289 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

My plan is to walk to everyone's room, a little after they arrive, and hand them out myself (with FI). Everyone is staying (so far) at our resort and I thought this is a good way to see how everyone is settling in. It is also a good way for me to catch any problems with rooms or what-not. Most of our guest haven't travelled much, and they may not how to deal with room issue.
                    We aren't having a welcome dinner either.
                    Like our first kiss all over again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users