Dress Indecision 2011 - Help appreciated!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 bmaxam12

• 67 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

OK girls, I am having somewhat of a dress indecision problem...

Up until a few months ago, I always wanted a tea length dress - the long dress and the heat just seemed like it would be horrible, plus I don't really classify myself as much of a 'wedding' type.  Pretty easygoing, don't want any frills, lace, etc.

Well then I started looking at long, chiffon dresses and I really liked some and picked a few I liked.  The thing is, for some reason I couldn't pull the trigger and buy one, so I thought maybe I should try on some tea length to see how it feels!  Well I tried them on and kinda felt like a little girl, and then felt stuck....until....I tried one on that I thought I would NEVER like!  Its taffeta and an asymmetrical length.  For some reason I put it on and BAM, I just loved it!

The Problem:  I have some bridesmaids that are pretty traditional, and just don't seem to 'get' the dress.  I don't know if the dress is ugly, or if maybe its great and just completely not their style.  Would LOVE some opinions from brides that actually get the whole destination wedding/non traditional thing.  Below is the pic of the model dress, then a few of me in it.  The dress I tried on was a 12 and I am a 6, so there is a lot of pinning and extra fabric, but hopefully you get the gist of it.

Thanks girls, sorry this is so long!  I never thought I would have such a problem, but it really is true how important the dress is...who knew  

Ignore the dumb face

Would probably replace this flower with the adorable ones on Etsy

#2 Leez309

• 186 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

I love, love, love it!!! It looks great on you, and perfect for a DW!.

#3 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

It's a gorgeous dress, you love it, buy it! It's your wedding and you have to have a dress that you love, not what others want.

#4 jlarruda

• 201 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

I'm not crazy about short wedding dresses but there is something different about that one, its gorgeous you should go for it!!

#5 Avelyad

• 156 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

It's your dress. If you love it, you deserve to have it! I personally love it!

#6 aahq45

• 179 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

It looks great on you!!!  I think if you love it, then go for it!  It's YOUR wedding!!!! :)  

#7 lesee

• 320 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

i LOVE it

#8 Sharon99

• 1,301 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

I think it looks great on you! Its so unique & perfect for a DW! Don't worry what your friends think about the dress. If you love it & feel beautiful in it then I say go for it! It's your day!!

#9 bmaxam12

• 67 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

So far good feedback!!! 

I mean, I know that really I am the one that needs to love the dress, but I just didn't want to be one of those brides that people look at and are like, didn't anyone say anything.... hahaha  

Wasn't sure if it was too poofy on the sides, don't wanna look like a bell!

#10 JessicaP2012

• 162 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

If you love it that's all that matters! I LOVE it!!! Its looks absolutely stunning on you. Perfect for a DW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users