• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 BusyBee280

BusyBee280
  • 109 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 15, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

I think it depends on what your dress is like- is it fluffy at all? I'm packaging mine the same way that it was shipped to me- The resort says they can iorn/steam and prepare it for the big day, so this way I won't take up much room. I managed to be able to fit all of my "wedding necessities" in a carry on bag.

#52 pzl101

pzl101
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

The skirt is ruffly and there is a train but nothing huge -  My resort also provided pressing and steaming services but I still wouldn't want to fold it in a luggage. It's all personal preference. No one on the plane got upset and everyone's carry-on was able to fit.

I think it depends on what your dress is like- is it fluffy at all? I'm packaging mine the same way that it was shipped to me- The resort says they can iorn/steam and prepare it for the big day, so this way I won't take up much room. I managed to be able to fit all of my "wedding necessities" in a carry on bag.

#53 becassidy

becassidy
    • 151 posts
      • LocationNew York

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

JetBlue has to have experience with this. Maybe try calling them? I mean, what do they do with extra tulle dresses that wont fit?!

#54 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
      • 186 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

I am carrying my dress on in a garment bag and my fiance will do the same with his suit.  We don't want to risk losing them by checking them.  I have been told that many airlines are accomodating for these types of things.  I don't want to put in overhead bin, but my resort includes steaming of my dress so if it gets wrinkled they can fix it :)

#55 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
      • 161 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

We plan on doing carry-ons for our wedding attire.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users