jszy10

Jess's OOT Bags -- Done! (w/ pics!)

I'm a bit ahead of the game, since we don't leave for another 2 months, but I wanted to get this out of the way!!  Here are what my guests will be receiving.  We are still trying to decide if we want to deliver them (or have them delievered) to their rooms, or wait until the welcome cocktail party to give them to everyone?  Advice/suggestions on that would be great!  90% of us are arriving Wednesday, and our welcome cocktail party is Thursday night.

Anyway...here you go!

DSC01347.JPG

Breakdown:

* Tote bags, t-shirts, post-its and pens were all 'free' from VistaPrint.  I just paid shipping for each individual order

* Key card/Tip holders were a borrowed design from a fellow BDW bride -- thank you!!!  I purchased the wrist coils from Oriental Trading and the holders from another bride

* Travel Mugs were the "design your own mugs" from the Dollar Tree.  I just took my logo along with a personalization (father of the groom, mother of the bride, etc.) and printed it on an Avery Name Tag paper and stuck it on matching paper.  The boys will all have orange mugs, the ladies will have aqua colored (sorry, no pics of those..they're actually not done yet!)

* The Nivea chapstick and Creme are in here because I got them free from couponing :o)

* I got the Bath and Body Works Cooling Mist on clearance for $3 a piece.  They have aloe in them!  Very nice after a day in the sun.  The girls will get these and the guys will get Gillette Hair and Body Wash which I also got for free from couponing (not shown)

* I got my Daily Spanish for Dummies in the $1 bin at Office Max

* Flip Flip playing cards are from Oriental Trading

* Oh Sh!t Kit contents -- shout wipes, first aid kit (both free with couponing..again!), tissues, antibacterial, (both from the dollartree), nail file (local grocery store, 2 for $1), gum, tums (again both free-couping!), and there are also 2 advil packets in the back

* MISSING -- Welcome booklets...aren't printed or put together yet!  Will include a lot of detail about our resort.

Here is my label for the Oh Sh!t Kit --

and here are a few close-ups...

DSC01348.JPG

DSC01350.JPG      

DSC01349.JPG

ohshitkitlabel.docx

• Like 2

haha thanks so much!  I absolutely love my couponing :o)  I, of course, and not by far anywhere like those extreme couponing people on TV haha..but I definitely love a good deal.  If you are really interested in learning more, I love site like forthemommas.com or becentsable.net or hip2save.com .  I "like" them all on facebook and get their deal updates all the time.  There are always coupons out there for shout wipes and johnson and johnson kits! 

Originally Posted by lisa203 View Post

LOVE THESE! Looks like I can learn a thing or two from you about "couponing", lol. :)

Your bags look AWESOME! I am grabbing all the free stuff I can get from Vistaprint too.. and I love your free couponing things! Overall, wonderful job, I'm sure your guests will love them and it looks like you didn't pay too much so kudos to you!!!

every time I go to the vistaprint site and try to "order" something free, my order comes up with a prices per piece. What am I missing to get these free offers?

Do you have links in your email that you click on for the free stuff?  Are you trying to order more than 1 at a time?  I had to make several orders with 1 of each thing to make it work (ie. 1 t-shirt, 1 tote, 1 postit, 1 pen = 1 order).  I think I ended up paying about $4 per order for shipping, which I was fine with.  Let me know if you need more help!

Originally Posted by arobarpics View Post

every time I go to the vistaprint site and try to "order" something free, my order comes up with a prices per piece. What am I missing to get these free offers?

$12 is not bad at all. I have a question though re vistaprint, when you said

"I had to make several orders with 1 of each thing to make it work (ie. 1 t-shirt, 1 tote, 1 postit, 1 pen = 1 order)."

Can you do this all in one day for example 10 orders of 1 t-shirt, 1 tote, 1 postit, 1 pen? Or whatever item is 'free' that day. So when it's delivered you get 10 boxes with one of each item in it. Is that how it works?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi! I'm from the US (but I've been to the UK 6x- my finance says i'm not allowed to move there! lol) Many resort lines don't offer something like the dress rehearsal, which I think is crazy! It's such a smart idea!  Having been to Mexico so much, I find it so much more comfortable- Yes there are dangers but I don't find it any worse than Philly or NY. It is a country that gets SO MUCH money from the service industry- it literally benefits no one to mess with tourists. Your tip money at the bar is feeding someones family. Not that the DR is any different in that it relies on tourist $, but the vibe is just totally different.  In the DR, they were really very serious about us not leaving the resorts (we did- I don't believe in staying on resorts lol). Once off, we realized why. Now, full disclosure, we went right after the 2010 earthquake, so this was a) some time ago and b) right after a natural disaster. Once we left we just felt immediately uncomfortable. (We even saw a man approaching a goat with  a large gun and the Taxi driver seemed nervous and sped away- poor goat!) I find in Mexico everyone is SO respectful- in the DR I had guys make lewd comments (both from those off the resort, and more disturbingly from workers at the resort), grabbing at me, just generally super disrespectful and not at all comforting. My dad had to kick the room service guy out of our room bc he refused to leave when we asked!  This could have been completely isolated to the staff at our specific resort, but it definitely happened off resort as well. A la Anthony Bourdain, I have always considered myself a traveller, not a tourist, so I have zero interest in staying on a resort the entire time (really I'm not in love with resorts period lol), so for me, if I can't go off resort safely, what business do I have being there at all? Also they  made be throw out my coffee before I got on the plane- the coffee I got at the food court at the gate. I'm holding that grudge LOL. A long story short- it's not on my list of returns. I can honestly say that I'm not sure I would accept an invitation to a wedding in the DR- I think I'd rather save that money and go to Mexico! (or the UK, or Iceland, or just Europe in general lol)  I don't regret going, but I'd sooner go to Mexico if I'm looking for a beach!  That's just me- millions of people go there and have a great time! I guess it really comes down to what type of traveller you are (are you okay with being on a resort and just leaving for excursions)!
    • Hello, thank you so much for this it’s all very helpful.. are you from the UK OR US? ive never been and I probably won’t visit the destination until I get married! Oh my gosh I have looked at your resort it is beautiful!! my family have been to the Dominican.. can I ask why you didn’t find it as safe?   Thanks again 
    • Hi! Well, I stumbled on this forum, and then when I realized it was run by a travel agency (while being really impartial- the fact that there are reviews for OTHER agencies was a good sign!) I didn't look any further! Their website, where you can fill out a contact form:  https://www.wrighttravelagency.com/ Babs actually sent me an email on a Sunday (she had been out of the office on Friday) so that's how we started- I was so impressed right off the bat! You may not get Babs, but I can only imagine that the entire office is amazing! We're getting married at Azul Riveria Cancun (formerly Sensatori). We chose it because we have kids coming. We actually just went down for the Brides Dress Rehearsal (A really cool program Karisma Resorts do, where they give you a special price/couple to go down and check out some resorts, meet wedding planners and vendors etcetc- it's great having never been there to leave knowing and seeing it all- http://www.memorablemomentsweddings.com/Memorable-Moments-Weddings-Dress_Rehearsal.cfm) I'm pretty laid back- it's Mexico. Where ever you are, how ever it's decorated, whatever the weather is- it's going to be gorgeous. I wanted a destination wedding so that I could not worry about things! It will be what it will be- and regardless of what it is, MEXICO! lol I did just see a post about travel guidelines for the DR (Below). Just something to consider, it seems really restrictive! Have you been to the DR? I'm struggling at the moment with people who are afraid to travel to Mexico, which I've always found funny because I've been 6 times and I'm still alive! AND only 3 of those times were on resorts! I felt the least safe of all my travels in the DR, so it's just something that I like to mention!
    • Hello, oh thank you that’s great, how can I come across her details? where are you getting married and how have you found planning so far? 
    • I've had nothing but an amazing experience with my TA, Barbara (Babs) Vong- she actually works for Wright Travel Agency- the ones that run this forum! I'd suggest reaching out to them first- they're the experts!   My wedding is in February of 2020, and we started planning around August 2018, for what it's worth on a timeline.
  • Topics