Photo

2012 Brides - Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#101 Essential0929

Essential0929
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Welcome Soror! You are definitely on it with the planning! Congratulations and happy planning!

Originally Posted by luvfordalo 

Hello ladies.  August 2012 bride here!  Looking forward to getting to know all of you as we move through this process!  It's also nice to see some others of us who have something in common other than our weddings.  (I need some Pink & Green kisses too!) 

Let's see...

STD's check

Deposit for cruise check

Deposit with coordinator in Ocho Rios check

EVERYTHING else... ummmm not so much!

#102 celticgirl

celticgirl
    • 266 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

Well, I have all the attire ordered and it has all arrived, including mine and my FI attire.  I DONT have flowers yet, the resort offered to supply these for 300 (a pretty good price!) But I am undecided if I should go with them, as they wont know the color scheme until the day, or if I should just purchase real touch flowers.   I have booked a sound system, rather than a DJ... for the dinner I am undecided because they wanted 1500 for the dinner, or 18 per person.. which isnt bad, but seeing how I am at an AI resort, many of my guests feel I should just take over the buffet rather than shelling out money for a dinner that could be free.  (I am a 4th year student in the Nursing Program and Have a new baby and a new house that I have to pay for, so I think my guests are having my best interests at heart)... because of the financial aspect, I dont know if I can afford to do OOT bags for my entire guest count, but I know forsure I am buying them a personalized deck of cards... incase we run into some inclement weather or for the plane ride back.  Also, I have purchased my rings, Mine is a channel band, with the two outter channels as princess cut white diamonds, and the inner will be princess cut black diamonds. I have my hairstyle all picked out and ready (I can do it myself, but as a part of my package I get my hair done for free, so again I am unsure of what to do because I know that I like the way I can do it, where as If I go with them, who knows what I will be getting...) I dont know where it will be held or what to expect, and the wedding coordinator has kind of left this information out, so I will email her in a month or so and get the details all ironed out.  OH I also purchased tank tops for the bridal party that are personalized... I will post a picture of all of this (other than the rings) I pretty much just need to make up my mind on these and figure out if wedding programs are appropriate or not, really, everyone will know whats going on... its not like I have a big agenda to follow... it will just be the wedding, possibly dinner, and reception to follow.... I dont know, I guess I just feel overwhelmed lol.

sharon99: what have you done so far? what i did is a list of stuff DONE stuff need to DO and stuff i want TO DO..although its alot of lists, it seems to work for me lol

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

What have you done so far? I feel like I am at a stand still too.

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

dont know about your resort in general, but we are are also getting married in jamaica next april 14th...what do you need help with? ill help where i can

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
      January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#103 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

celticgirl,

AWESOME AWESOME JOB!! May I ask where you got FI suit and the bridesmaid shirts?

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

Well, I have all the attire ordered and it has all arrived, including mine and my FI attire.  I DONT have flowers yet, the resort offered to supply these for 300 (a pretty good price!) But I am undecided if I should go with them, as they wont know the color scheme until the day, or if I should just purchase real touch flowers.   I have booked a sound system, rather than a DJ... for the dinner I am undecided because they wanted 1500 for the dinner, or 18 per person.. which isnt bad, but seeing how I am at an AI resort, many of my guests feel I should just take over the buffet rather than shelling out money for a dinner that could be free.  (I am a 4th year student in the Nursing Program and Have a new baby and a new house that I have to pay for, so I think my guests are having my best interests at heart)... because of the financial aspect, I dont know if I can afford to do OOT bags for my entire guest count, but I know forsure I am buying them a personalized deck of cards... incase we run into some inclement weather or for the plane ride back.  Also, I have purchased my rings, Mine is a channel band, with the two outter channels as princess cut white diamonds, and the inner will be princess cut black diamonds. I have my hairstyle all picked out and ready (I can do it myself, but as a part of my package I get my hair done for free, so again I am unsure of what to do because I know that I like the way I can do it, where as If I go with them, who knows what I will be getting...) I dont know where it will be held or what to expect, and the wedding coordinator has kind of left this information out, so I will email her in a month or so and get the details all ironed out.  OH I also purchased tank tops for the bridal party that are personalized... I will post a picture of all of this (other than the rings) I pretty much just need to make up my mind on these and figure out if wedding programs are appropriate or not, really, everyone will know whats going on... its not like I have a big agenda to follow... it will just be the wedding, possibly dinner, and reception to follow.... I dont know, I guess I just feel overwhelmed lol. dress.pngGroom Attire.jpgbridesmaid shirts.jpgbridesmaids.jpg

#104 celticgirl

celticgirl
        • 266 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

I designed the shirts myself, and took them to a local sportswear store who does custom printing, there are also a few places online that do it... It was 18.00 a shirt (really cheap) I just sent him a picture and he made it exactly out of what I sent.  You can look at this website and design your own (it is where I got my pictures from) I just found somewhere a little cheaper to do it for me.

celticgirl,

AWESOME AWESOME JOB!! May I ask where you got FI suit and the bridesmaid shirts?

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
          January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#105 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

Well, I have all the attire ordered and it has all arrived, including mine and my FI attire.  I DONT have flowers yet, the resort offered to supply these for 300 (a pretty good price!) But I am undecided if I should go with them, as they wont know the color scheme until the day, or if I should just purchase real touch flowers.   I have booked a sound system, rather than a DJ... for the dinner I am undecided because they wanted 1500 for the dinner, or 18 per person.. which isnt bad, but seeing how I am at an AI resort, many of my guests feel I should just take over the buffet rather than shelling out money for a dinner that could be free.  (I am a 4th year student in the Nursing Program and Have a new baby and a new house that I have to pay for, so I think my guests are having my best interests at heart)... because of the financial aspect, I dont know if I can afford to do OOT bags for my entire guest count, but I know forsure I am buying them a personalized deck of cards... incase we run into some inclement weather or for the plane ride back.  Also, I have purchased my rings, Mine is a channel band, with the two outter channels as princess cut white diamonds, and the inner will be princess cut black diamonds. I have my hairstyle all picked out and ready (I can do it myself, but as a part of my package I get my hair done for free, so again I am unsure of what to do because I know that I like the way I can do it, where as If I go with them, who knows what I will be getting...) I dont know where it will be held or what to expect, and the wedding coordinator has kind of left this information out, so I will email her in a month or so and get the details all ironed out.  OH I also purchased tank tops for the bridal party that are personalized... I will post a picture of all of this (other than the rings) I pretty much just need to make up my mind on these and figure out if wedding programs are appropriate or not, really, everyone will know whats going on... its not like I have a big agenda to follow... it will just be the wedding, possibly dinner, and reception to follow.... I dont know, I guess I just feel overwhelmed lol. dress.pngGroom Attire.jpgbridesmaid shirts.jpgbridesmaids.jpg

OH i understand the house and new family situation! we just had a new little boy 9 months ago, on top of that we have a 5yr and a 3yr..we moved to regina Sk for his work, and are moving back to london ontario in august..ive got to go back to work BOOOOO on top of that we are buying a new house and selling our other house lol....so when you say you want to keep in in budget i understand totally!

Well i have the dress/reception dress, the rings, Ive booked our wedding package, ive bought some wedding decor im a DIYer at heart so alot of my time right now, has been doing that stuff:

Welcome book

Lugage Tags

first aid lables

Hangover lables

OOT lables

OOT bags

pashmina lables

AHR invitations

DO NOT DISTURB signs for the guests room lol .... i think thats it, lol

oh and I have my hair idea done, my make up idea done...apt for salon in jamaica booked for the big day... i will try and post pics for you, but they never seem to work for me lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#106 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

oh ... i forgot!

I also made me and the FI shirts...as well as the wedding party, my mom and his mom...for his wedding party, i think im going to get them made???!!!!! but i dont know yet lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#107 Praye

Praye
              • Site Supporter
              • 117 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi Everyone!!!!

Our wedding is Sept 1st 2012 at Paradisus Palma Real for ceremony, cocktail, and reception.

- Wedding website done

- E-STDs sent out couple months ago

- Engagement photo session booked for august so that we can include it in our STDs to mail out. 

- DJ booked

- bridesmaid bouquets purchased, real touch orchid bouquets

- groomsmen boutonnieres purchased, real touch orchids.

- wedding shoes bought ;)

I'm having trouble finding affordable attire for the bridesmaids, fuchsia short dress, online because my bridesmaid are all spread out and so i thought it would be easier if they could buy it off online.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

#108 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Praye 

Hi Everyone!!!!

Our wedding is Sept 1st 2012 at Paradisus Palma Real for ceremony, cocktail, and reception.

- Wedding website done

- E-STDs sent out couple months ago

- Engagement photo session booked for august so that we can include it in our STDs to mail out. 

- DJ booked

- bridesmaid bouquets purchased, real touch orchid bouquets

- groomsmen boutonnieres purchased, real touch orchids.

- wedding shoes bought ;)

I'm having trouble finding affordable attire for the bridesmaids, fuchsia short dress, online because my bridesmaid are all spread out and so i thought it would be easier if they could buy it off online.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

this is the site im getting my girls dresses from, go on sunday nights as they have some crazy deals! hope this helps you out

http://www.beyondthe.../event/calendar

#109 Praye

Praye
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 117 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

Nice! 

thanks Canadiangirl!!!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

this is the site im getting my girls dresses from, go on sunday nights as they have some crazy deals! hope this helps you out

http://www.beyondthe.../event/calendar

Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

#110 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

np anytime.....if you need anything else give me a holla.....ive got a ton of bookmarks lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users