Photo

rosieposie's DIY-athon *with pix*

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Ali12

Ali12
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

Wow, you did an excellent job on everything.
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

#22 rosieposie

rosieposie
    • 649 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

while cleaning up, i realized I had forgotten about a bag with a couple of other items. (it turns out, i am a DIY-a-holic). LOL i don't know what I'm going to do with myself after the wedding when I have not reason to DIY like crazy!

photoshare cards - printed them on cardstock purchased from staples. then spent an evening cutting them with my friskars trimmer - ugh, i tried to cut them with the big ccutter at work and they turned out all crooked since the cutter's guides have all rubbed off.

photoshare

luggage tags - i didn't want to fuss with personalizing everyone's info and figure they wouldn't use it again, so i did up some business cards on vistaprint and put "Can You Read This? Then you're too close to my bag" on the front, with the resort's address. Then put a label on the back with the person's name on it. i used the laminator at work with heat seal luggage tags i bought from staples.

luggage tagtag

engagement photos album for parents - both our parents are not good with computers and hate clicking on a screen. so after reading e-photos albumalbum

Pashmina Tags - I haven't received them, but have prepared the template already. I hate waiting for online items to arrive, lol. Not very patient. I did the tags in Illustrator, and attached the PDF, but also attached a powerpoint version in case anyone needs a starting point to work from.

Attached Files

#23 Teira1031

Teira1031
      • 766 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

Everything looks fantastic! I especially love the AHR card box & the luminaries!

#24 star18

star18
        • 201 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Wow you are creative and very good at DIY. Congrats everything looks great! :)

#25 ckntb

ckntb
          • 122 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Wow you did a lot of work! Great Job!

#26 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
            • 232 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

Wow Rose you are aaamazing!! I love all your DIYs!!!

I made very similar luminarias! I saw them on etsy and decided I could make them for cheaper! hehe

Are you concerned about them blowing over the in wind? I'm trying to think of a way to make them more stable! Either a highball glass or a wineglass inside should work well. Or cheap clear plastic cups with sand in the bottom :)

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#27 rosieposie

rosieposie
              • 649 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

thanks heather!

i know! much cheaper to DIY  =)  but so easy to get addicted!

i have been trying to think of a way to keep them from blowing away. i thought about making some sort of bottom for them, but glue and tape, etc. will show through....hmmm a glass or a cup inside would be a good idea. going hit up a dollar giant or something and see what sort of glass, tealight holder or plastic cup might work.  thanks!

....another day closer!

Originally Posted by pineapplebride 

Wow Rose you are aaamazing!! I love all your DIYs!!!

I made very similar luminarias! I saw them on etsy and decided I could make them for cheaper! hehe

Are you concerned about them blowing over the in wind? I'm trying to think of a way to make them more stable! Either a highball glass or a wineglass inside should work well. Or cheap clear plastic cups with sand in the bottom :)

#28 traceysteve

traceysteve
                • 328 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

your creativity makes me feel suddenly inadequate! Your DIY projects look AM-azing!! Great job. Very professional...so jealous, but thanks for posting your templates and sharing your ideas, I may need to borrow a couple!

#29 kya101

kya101
                  • 645 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

Wow.... everything looks amazing!!! I can't wait until I start some of this stuff!!!

#30 rosieposie

rosieposie
                    • 649 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

awww don't say that! i couldn't have done it without the inspiration of the ladies here! i'm just returning the favour  =)

happy planning~~~~

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

your creativity makes me feel suddenly inadequate! Your DIY projects look AM-azing!! Great job. Very professional...so jealous, but thanks for posting your templates and sharing your ideas, I may need to borrow a couple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users