Photo

Brandy's Planning Thread!!!!

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#91 xtenna

xtenna
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

Your monograms look great!  I am going to work on making my survival kits look as good as yours :)

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#92 vintentia

vintentia
    • 171 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Wow! Breathtaking! You did a wonderful job.  So many ideas.

#93 krsmith

krsmith
      • 528 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

Wow! You were so thorough!! THANK YOU!! I love that you posted all the websites. REALLY helpful. Everything looks beautiful! Congrats!

#94 SweetLe

SweetLe
        • 97 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

Wow! Great job. Amazing attention to detail :)

June 24th, 2011- The day I marry my best friend...
          Royal Playa del Carmen
          20+ Bride and Groom and Counting!

#95 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

love the layout of your welcome letter....now ive got ideas for mine lol i couldnt figure it all out lol thanx for the insperation

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#96 subbi

subbi
            • 217 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

This is one amazing planning thread, maybe one of the best i've seen. Congrats!

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#97 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
              • 300 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

Amaizing Planning Thread!  You did a fabulous Job!  after looking through your things I have a lot left to do, must get to work on that

#98 MTruvillio

MTruvillio
                • Site Supporter
                • 63 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Brandy - ditto on what everyone else has said.  You did an awesome job!  The ideas and links are so helpful!  Thank you!

I do have two questions.  How did you get all of this stuff to the wedding?

I have been stalking the "knock off dress thread" and am so confused as to who to go with for my TTD .  I have read some good and bad reviews of vendors.   I previously looked at dhgate at some of their Maggie dresses.  Like you my wedding dress is an original Maggie and I'm not sure if I want to trash it.  It has lots of Swarovski  crystal beading - I think I read somewhere that the water tends to rust the back of the beads. 

You mentioned you ordered one from earlybird.  The dress looks really pretty in the picture.  How did it fit?  Was it pretty close to the original Maggie in terms of fabric, beading, etc? Did they deliver on time, etc?  And most importantly were you happy with it?

Thanks much!

Mary & Jim

Beaches Turks & Caicos

June 4, 2012

#99 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                  • 423 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

What an amazing thread! The attention to detail in incredible!

Congratulations!

#100 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

As far as getting everything down there, it actually wasnt too bad, I only had to take gifts and oot bag items, we totaled 3 suitcases! Which I didnt think was all that bad, the oot stuff took up the most room, All of our clothes I put in the those travel space savers bags, those things work great I would highly recommend investing in some of those! And all of the oot bag kits I put in a plastic tub, I tied all the oot bags together really tight, we assembled everything when we got down there, but I used the space saver bags for everything I could our clothes, some of the gifts like the towels since those took up so much room.

As far as the knock off dress goes, I actually didnt end up using it, it was sort of a last minute decision, I didnt want to pack it and I really loved my dress, so we decided to wear it for both photo shoots and Im so glad that I did!  The dress itself was made really well, I was happy with it, no knock off is going to look like its orginal and I knew that going into it, I wouldnt say its the exact same as the original but it was close enough for me, I would recommend getting your measurments done by a professional though, I messed up on measuring my hips and it was bit tight in that area, but other than that the dress was great, I was really pleased with the way it had turned out, and the shipping was really fast too, I had the dress in no time at all.

Originally Posted by MTruvillio 

Brandy - ditto on what everyone else has said.  You did an awesome job!  The ideas and links are so helpful!  Thank you!

I do have two questions.  How did you get all of this stuff to the wedding?

I have been stalking the "knock off dress thread" and am so confused as to who to go with for my TTD .  I have read some good and bad reviews of vendors.   I previously looked at dhgate at some of their Maggie dresses.  Like you my wedding dress is an original Maggie and I'm not sure if I want to trash it.  It has lots of Swarovski  crystal beading - I think I read somewhere that the water tends to rust the back of the beads. 

You mentioned you ordered one from earlybird.  The dress looks really pretty in the picture.  How did it fit?  Was it pretty close to the original Maggie in terms of fabric, beading, etc? Did they deliver on time, etc?  And most importantly were you happy with it?

Thanks much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users