Photo

Help please....how are you getting your stuff there??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hi Ladies...not sure this is the right spot to post this?

This may be a stupid question  but how are all you ladies transporting all your stuff like OOT bag contents, favors, decoration etc....I have so many great ideas but when i add it all up i may need an extra 2 suit cases just to bring it all with me!!! Are you arranging with the WC's at the resort to ship the stuff there? I would worry it would get lost of misplaced?

Any help or suggestions or your own experience would be great!!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#2 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

My assumption is that almost everyone is planning on bringing stuff in extra suitcases.  That is the general sense I get around here.  Maybe ask some of your guests to bring an extra suitcase of your stuff if you reach your baggage limit. 

#3 sharlie

sharlie
      • 261 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

that's what i am doing..I am thinking my parents can help us with the extra stuff too.

Negril, Jamaica
        6/29/11
        24 booked =)
        Can't wait til the big day!

#4 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

Wedding party and family here.  I didn't even have to ask, they've been offering.  Love my family & friends! :)  Some are even trying to say that my fiance and I shouldn't bring any of the items!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#5 Janet1480

Janet1480
          • 709 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

I am still in the begining stages so i dont even know how much of anything I will have but i am already assuming a lot hahaha :) especially since I am reading all these planning journals and i know i have lots of stuff to do :)

These are great ideas.....I will talk to my girls and see how we can split things up! I'm sure my mom and dad wont mind either.

I just wasnt sure if anyone had maybe arranged with the WC at the destinations to ship bigger stuff there but there is so much risk in doing that, i dont think i would want to take that chance personally :S

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#6 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
            • Site Supporter
            • 261 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

I know there are some resorts who actually will not accept shipments like that from guests, insurance purposes I guess.  I think the safest bet is to pack everything yourself and distribute it among family, friends, and bridal party in order to get everything there.  Plus, international shipping costs are probably more than an extra airline baggage fee. 

#7 Janet1480

Janet1480
              • 709 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

Good call!!!!!!! I'm not sure what my airline will charge for extra luggage but you are right, it probably would be less then the international shipping costs!

Thanks ladies! this forum rocks my world hahaha you ladies are awesome

#8 KCB2011

KCB2011
                • 308 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

We are flying WestJet and it is $20 for the first extra bag and $50 each for the 3rd and 4th so since FI and my dad will only have one bag each, that will be 2 extras so I am hoping to fit all of my stuff into the 2 extra bags - it should only cost about $40.  I've heard shipping is in the hundreds so hopefully, I can manage to fit everything into 2 suitcases (worst case scenario -3 suitcases) and the extra baggage fees will stay fairly low!

#9 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
                  • 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

I know with Canjet you can pay around $80 and upgrade to your seat to their "Select" service through their website and get an extra 10 kg of baggage. 

#10 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Thats a good deal! i sent my TA an email yesterday to ask her about this...hopefully she has good news! :)

Originally Posted by KCB2011 

We are flying WestJet and it is $20 for the first extra bag and $50 each for the 3rd and 4th so since FI and my dad will only have one bag each, that will be 2 extras so I am hoping to fit all of my stuff into the 2 extra bags - it should only cost about $40.  I've heard shipping is in the hundreds so hopefully, I can manage to fit everything into 2 suitcases (worst case scenario -3 suitcases) and the extra baggage fees will stay fairly low!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users