Photo

How soon to start?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

ErinB, Thanks so much for your input and advice. I think the advice about drinking, smoking and caffeine is beneficial no matter what.

PaperBagPrincess, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stay away from the kitty litter while pregnant. It has to do with the bacteria that can be dangerous to the fetus. Better pass off that task off to your FI!

#22 Lua

Lua
    • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

Tenny - in addition to the comments on folic acid - it is a vitamin that helps to prevent birth defects - hence why my dr had me start taking it when FI and I got together as a preventative measure. :)

#23 Lua

Lua
      • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

LOL my FI totally isn't going to ba happy about having to clean my cat's litter once he knocks me up! ;)

#24 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
        • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lua 

LOL my FI totally isn't going to ba happy about having to clean my cat's litter once he knocks me up! ;)

I just love this comment!  I totally am here LOL!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#25 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

Laura that is hilarious! We refer to it as him "knocking me up" as well.

#26 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
            • 320 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

mochamakes3 - I am thrilled I don't have to change the litter once I am pregnant, poor FI, I have two cats I got them before we met.  I read somewhere though if you do have cats you should get a blood test BEFORE getting pregnant.  Still haven't had a chance to call my doctor.  Don't really want to call from my cube when everyone can hear me.

#27 Lizk23

Lizk23
              • 222 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

haha you know what else you aren't supposed to do when you're pregnant...clean the shower ! (shower cleaner usually has very toxic fumes unless you use really safe chemicals and you aren't supposed to clean in confined spaces)

The unfortunate part is you are the assumed designated driver for 9 months.

As for the BC pill...I got knocked up while taking mine every day at the same time just like you're supposed too, and I had a completely healthy pregnancy and have a completely healthy baby... so I wouldn't worry too much about any left over hormones messing with your body.

I can't wait to have another baby they are so wonderful and precious! I wish there was a way to know how long it will take :( I want my daughter to be about 3-4 years old when we have another so she'll be a little more independent by then and won't get so jealous of a new baby.  I think I'm going to get my Mirena out when she's 2 or 2 1/2 years old and hopefully that'll work out how I want it too!

#28 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

You are definitely assumed designated driver for 9 months!  My BFF had a baby in July, and she was like, we can go out, and I'll drive (at first).  Her husband took her up on the offer every time and then finally she was like, okay, I've had enough!  She did some "pumping & dumping" after the baby was born...but don't worry, she had enough breast milk saved up!

#29 Lua

Lua
                  • 1,231 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:44 AM

I'm glad my FI and I aren't drinkers so we won't really have to worry about that!!! ;)

#30 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                    • 1,541 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

It's the same thing for FI and I, Laura.  I'm glad it won't be an issue too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users