Sign in to follow this  
Labebita911

Are you wearing shoes on the beach

I want everyone in the wedding party, including myself and fiance to be barefoot. I am worried about the heat of the sand so I'll have to try it out the days prior to the ceremony! On my invites it says "Barefoot Ceremony: July 14, 2011"... hopefully the guests will follow suit!

I am thinking of wearing flip-flops for ceremony, since it will be hard to walk on sand in heels, but I will change into heels for reception. I am all about heels and pretty shoes. I would like to be tall like a tower in my pictures. I will probably change into flip-flops again for dancing after midnight lol

I'm going to give my bridesmaid and flower girls flip flops for the beach ceremony as part of their welcome gifts.. Good point on the heat of the sand I would not have thought of that and suggested we just go barefoot!

I know we'll do heels for later but I haven't found anything yet.  My FI isn't much taller than me so I could stay comfy if I want!:)

p.s. great idea about the mat with the brush to brush sand off!!

I where heels all the time to work so I had no problem with the shoes, even on the sand.  I wore them till the bitter end!! The platform really helps! :)

Originally Posted by MsFactorA View Post

I got the same shoes :) They look awesome but I must say good for you for wearing on the beach  that was probably complicated...

I may wear sandals-and switch to my Heels on solid ground...... I would die if i twisted my ankle!!!

hmm...My fiance is the same hight as me, so pretty flips is the way to go  msnwink.gif

Some beaches may have hookworms if there are stray cats or dogs roaming around the hotel properties. I would just be cautious, but not be overly paranoid.