Sign in to follow this  
Labebita911

Are you wearing shoes on the beach

Hey Ladies,

Im debating wether to be barefoot/wear nice flip flops since i will be having a beach wedding but unsure if i should wear shoes? Should my Bridesmaid wear flip flops?

Thanks

I think it's definitely your preference.  I'm having a "shoes optional" ceremony - with a little mat saying just that for guests to leave their shoes plus two paint brushes tied with aqua blue ribbon to brush the sand off (I got that idea from a fellow BDWer!)

I'll be barefoot for the ceremony, flip flops for afterwards, and ballet slippers for my AHR.  Good luck, and happy planning!!!

Barefoot is very beachy and can be so natural and beautiful.  For me personally, I would feel like I forgot to finish getting dressed with no shoes on.  I wore 4inch platform sandels for my beach wedding and wouldn't have had it any other way!  It made me feel that much more dressed up and beautiful on my wedding day!  My BM wore whatever they wanted...2 wore flip flops, 1 wore peep toed pumps...and we all had to empty the sand from our shoes after!!LL_Riviera-Maya-Weddings_002.jpeg