Are you wearing shoes on the beach

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Labebita911

• 303 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hey Ladies,

Im debating wether to be barefoot/wear nice flip flops since i will be having a beach wedding but unsure if i should wear shoes? Should my Bridesmaid wear flip flops?

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 perry1217

• 355 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

I think it's definitely your preference.  I'm having a "shoes optional" ceremony - with a little mat saying just that for guests to leave their shoes plus two paint brushes tied with aqua blue ribbon to brush the sand off (I got that idea from a fellow BDWer!)

I'll be barefoot for the ceremony, flip flops for afterwards, and ballet slippers for my AHR.  Good luck, and happy planning!!!

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#3 ChristieG

• 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

I'm wearing shoes and so are my bridesmaids, but that's mostly because we love dressing up and wearing heels even when its not really the most practical thing to do.

#4 SonyaR

• 299 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

I bought myself and my bridesmaids foot jewellery for the ceremony and then we'll slip our sandals on afterwards.

#5 Lua

• 1,231 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

I'm wearing wedge flip flops for my ceremony and heels for the reception

#6 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

Im alos wearing wedge flip flops and my bridesmaid is wearing flatter flip flops.

#7 smfs

• 176 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

I've been fighting the same battle with Fiance! He wants to be bear foot or wear flip flops & I say dress shoes!

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*

#8 CanadianLindsey

• 284 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Barefoot is very beachy and can be so natural and beautiful.  For me personally, I would feel like I forgot to finish getting dressed with no shoes on.  I wore 4inch platform sandels for my beach wedding and wouldn't have had it any other way!  It made me feel that much more dressed up and beautiful on my wedding day!  My BM wore whatever they wanted...2 wore flip flops, 1 wore peep toed pumps...and we all had to empty the sand from our shoes after!!LL_Riviera-Maya-Weddings_002.jpeg

#9 all the love

all the love
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 133 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

For those of you not wearing shoes for your ceremony on the beach, are you at all worried about how hot the sand might be?

#10 summafool1

• 223 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

thats a good question lol..im thinking wearing flip flops are just as good as going barefoot :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users