I need help! I don't have a photographer. (11/4/11 wedding)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Kristibear

• 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

I am starting to have a panic attack.  My fiance' and I are trying to plan a lower budget Cancun wedding at the Moon Palace.  We fell in love with Del Sol photography, but the prices are too high for us.  I was so excited to find La Luna photography (their sister company) at a lower price.  They are booked for my day .  Then I did some research this morning and found Ivan Luckie, but unfortunately he is booked too.  I specifically love the photojournalistic style and I am running out of options. Any advice or ideas???

#2 CanadianLindsey

• 284 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

You should check out Claudiaphoto and see if they are available.  We used Citlalli for our wedding last month and she was really nice, spoke perfect english and her photos are stunning! Her packages are reasonably priced too. 

http://www.citlallirico.com/  www.claudiaphoto.com

Good luck on your photog hunt!!

#3 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I love love love Moments that Matter Photography :) I was going to use them until we booked our wedding in Jamaica...

I hear that Lori has since created her own company as well, "Sweet Fire Photography".

They have beautiful photojournalism photos :)

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#4 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

you should check out Gonzalo Nunez Photography  he is great to work with.  And his photo's are amazing...he did our e-photos

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
          ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#5 82turtles

• 297 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

I second the recommendation for Gonzalo. That's who I booked for my 11/12/11 wedding!! He has usuall been really fast about answering emails and getting info to you.

If he isn't available for your date, here are a few other names I had checked with:

Juan Navarro - www.juanphotos.com

Sascha Gluck - www.cancunphotos.net

Pierre Violle - www.pierre-wedding.com

Octavio Montes - www.octaviomontes.com

Blue Lens Caribe - www.bluelenscaribe.com

Good luck! Try not to freak out too much just yet -- it's still far away and there really are many, many photographers around!

#6 Kristibear

• 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thank you all so much! I will be checking on all of these.  If you think or hear of any more please let me know.  I will keep you all posted on what I find out. 

#7 CeeCee76

• 235 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

I used David Pena.

I posted a review under vendors.

~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#8 shan0487

• 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for all the great info, I will be checking out all these photographers!

If anyone has any of their photos they would like to share, feel free!

#9 adales

• Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

I would also highly recommend Gonzalo Nunez.  He has been great to work with and he is booked for our 6/11/11 wedding.

#10 lgregorash

• 44 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

We brought our photographer with us from Canada.. Check out Engagement Sessionlous photographer who includes engagement sessions, wedding day coverage and day after session if you like! Highly recommended!!!!!!Engagement Session

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users