Weight Loss/Fitness Support for 2012 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#201 kya101

• 645 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

So I found my dress a week ago in the city and last Thursday was the end of my power90 and 30 day shredd. I was super slacking the last week and even skipped 2 workouts :( But all in all I am happy with my results, could have been better... I made some poor eating choices the last month, but still good. I lost 2 lbs and 4 1/2 inches. I'm near the "end" of my weight loss journey and need to make smarter choices to keep it off. I would really like to lose 6 more lbs, but they are being extremely stubborn!!! Just gotta get my butt back in gear and start making the right food choices!!! Oh and I am starting to train for the Manitoba Marathon which will take place next May!!!! Here's to working out and eating healthy!!!!

#202 Sharon99

• 1,301 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Wow 4 1/2 inches is awesome!!!!!! 

#203 shan0487

• 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

That is my plan! I am forcing myself to work out tomorrow night- Fridays are hard for me! I will be working out in the AM before the bachelorrette party in between making brownies (which I am going to try not to eat!).

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Glad to see this thread has picked back up!  I just finished week 2 of P90x today & I feel great! I can already tell that my pants feel slightly looser! I am only looking to really tone up & to lose maybe 5-8 pounds but its extremely hard! The weekends are what do it for me, I am a drinker(now only on weekends) so I have to kill myself during the week to be able to have a few on the weekends. I try to give myself at least 1 cheat day of eating but dont get too crazy.

Shan0487 - Just get a Jillian workout in before the bachelorette party & maybe try to do any extra cardio, even for a half hour! Then it should even out, right!

Denielle & coconoir1908  - I have heard great things about weight watchers! Good luck to you both! My girl friend lost 40 pounds on it!!

ssapper - I would give Insanity a try. It will definitely help your cardio endurance for your marathon. Its a very intense cardio program that lasts for 2 months. the 1st month is 30-35 mins workouts then a recovery week then the 2nd month workouts are an hour. Its tough but really has helped me with running. Just gotta make sure you are eating enough calories.   perry1217 - I just downloaded the app!! My name is midgiehp. Guess I gotta set it up now & figure out how to work this!      

#204 torilynnsmith

• 1,748 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

So great to have a support for all us 2012 brides out there!!! I am getting married in February... ie. TOO SOON!!!!

I have started a hot yoga challenge with a girlfriend but was away for the last 3 days so am feeling pretty bad about my missing 3 classes!!!  I notice a difference just missing those few.  I would love to loose 15-20 pounds but I would be happy with just some basic toning.  FI and I have started bike riding but he is so busy lately that it's not consistent enough!!!

Looking forward to hearing everyones ideas and success stories!!!!  I am thinking the 30 day shred may be a must!!!!

#205 perry1217

• 355 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

Coco!!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see some pics ;)
          Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#206 celticgirl

• 266 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:24 AM

Oh great! I need this added support! I just had a child in January, he is 6 months old.. I have lost some of the baby weight but I am still not happy, I need to lose more! the thing I am having a very hard time with is the dieting...... I eat, eat, and eat! And I dont tend to watch HOW im eating either... its terrible.  I could stand to loose a good 20lbs right now, then ill be back to my pre-pregnancy weight and ill be happy with that.  Although, its not so much the number on the scale thats concerning me, its the inches!

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
            January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#207 Cdunn514

• 186 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

So glad to see so many of us out there supporting eachother, I have fallen off the work out wagon and I can not seem motivated enough to keep it up, I will do 30 day shred for maybe a week or a week and a half and then stop... I need to start it again I am going to do my best to try tonight! I have lost 15lbs and seem to be able to keep it at around that weight, my FI is on a diet too which really helps, he has lost 50 lbs! He looks so good :)

Well good luck to everyone on their goals, I would like to lose about 10-15 more so we will see, I am 199 days until the wedding!

#208 SummerDawn

• 324 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

alright i downloaded myfitnesspal and added you! lets help eachother get and stay motivated! I neeeeed it!!

#209 coconoir1908

• 2,136 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Let's keep up the great work ladies!!! I'm down 2 pounds since starting WW, and I ordered 30 day shred last night ;-)  I should get it by Thursday.  Let's kick some butt

#210 curtney17

• 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Check out this revealing blog post on salads, and how they might not always be the right choice when trying to chose a healthy meal. Its at www.thepoormansgym.com and called Salad Awareness, Check it out! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users