Photo

What to do with your engagement ring during the ceremony

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 zelda062

zelda062
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

Ok, I have a silly question.  I know that people typically wear their wedding band under the engagement ring.  So what do you do with your engagement ring during the ceremony? 

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

I think I'm just going to wear mine on my right hand and then after I will move my engagment ring back to my left hand with my wedding band.

#3 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
    • 165 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

Hi ladies! I was planning on doing the same thing. Wear my Ering on my right hand during the ceremony, then transfer it back to the left hand after. However, the shape of my Ering doesn't go with the band we're getting. And, we're actually having the little courthouse ceremony first (possibly even several months far in advance). So, for the courthouse ceremony (very informal, but hey, what not?), we're getting me a set of rose gold/pink sapphire bands for the legal ceremony. I'll keep the rings on my right hand, and then just have my left hand ready to go for the "real" wedding in Mexico. :) 

#4 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
      • 610 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

Ooooh such a great question!!!  Haven't even thought about that!!!  Interested to hear what people did and plan to do!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#5 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
        • Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

I will also have my engagement ring on my right hand until after the wedding band is in place.  There is wording that the officiant can say such that your fiance/husband places the wedding band and then moves the engagement ring as part of the ceremony.  Here is a quote from the "Share your ceremony script" thread:

"The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. GROOM, please place the engagement ring on BRIDE’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage."

I absolutely love this wording and will be adding it to my ceremony.

#6 JLR1726

JLR1726
          • 187 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

OOOOOOHHH! I love this idea!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I will also have my engagement ring on my right hand until after the wedding band is in place.  There is wording that the officiant can say such that your fiance/husband places the wedding band and then moves the engagement ring as part of the ceremony.  Here is a quote from the "Share your ceremony script" thread:

"The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. GROOM, please place the engagement ring on BRIDE’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage."

#7 skp1

skp1
            • 405 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

I've been wondering this for awhile now so glad I found this.  I love that ceremony wording.  I'll have to save that one!

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#8 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

Love the idea of adding it into the ceremony!!!! Thanks clgriffi!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#9 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                • 594 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:30 AM

I like this quote too. Will def use it.

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

#10 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

I just wore my ering like normal, and had the wedding band be put on over it, and as soon as the ceremony was over, I just flipped them around. Easy Peasy. No aditional quote from officiant needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users