739 replies to this topic

#221 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

I would say that October would be a good time to have your RSVPs due, then that way if you need any final numbers, either to give to the resort or for your own good to make OOT bags ect.

Originally Posted by Manda123 

Hey girls,

I'm going to send out my invites in July and I can't decide what date to put as the deadline. Everyone received STDs in February and 40 (or so) people have put down their deposits, but the balance is due for the group rate in October. Should I put my RSVP deadline as the date the balance is due? Technically, I don't need to know if they are coming until shortly before the wedding, and people can book outside of our group rate. What did you guys do? Thanks!

#222 Blue

Blue
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

hello, 

I am a Feb. 2012 bride.  Getting married at Vallarta Palace in Puerta Vallarta.  My family pretty much did us the same way.  However, everyone is welcome to join however their travel accommodations are not being paid for by us.  At first I thought people would get angry and back out but alot of them are still attending.  It is perfectly fine if you guys don't pay their travel expenses.  You just have to let everyone know this in the beginning.

#223 adevnturelovers

adevnturelovers
    • 120 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hey manda I am also sending out my invites mid-July with an RSVp for end of august. Even though my resort full deposit is t due till oct . I figured I'd make RSVP early so people are serious on booking and the earlier I know the number of guests attending , the easier it will be to know how many OOT bags and favors I need . Hope this helps

#224 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Welcome! I do beleive there is a thread for Feb 2012 brides, try searching for it!

Originally Posted by Blue 

hello, 

I am a Feb. 2012 bride.  Getting married at Vallarta Palace in Puerta Vallarta.  My family pretty much did us the same way.  However, everyone is welcome to join however their travel accommodations are not being paid for by us.  At first I thought people would get angry and back out but alot of them are still attending.  It is perfectly fine if you guys don't pay their travel expenses.  You just have to let everyone know this in the beginning.

#225 Avens

Avens
      • 576 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

I agree! October does seem good.  I sent out the invites in February (initially thinking maybe that would be the STD), but we decided everyone knew, so that was good enough.  I am thinking of sending out an email (to those who have it) as a reminder, and more information. I'm hoping by now people have a good idea if they are going to come or not - our payment date is also October.

We have our RSVP set for July 15th, so I'm not really that worried if people don't RSVP.  I kind of think that most of the people who are coming - have already put down their deposit (we're at 35).

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I would say that October would be a good time to have your RSVPs due, then that way if you need any final numbers, either to give to the resort or for your own good to make OOT bags ect.

#226 Manda123

Manda123
        • 380 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

Thanks ladies! October it is :)

Originally Posted by Avens 

I agree! October does seem good.  I sent out the invites in February (initially thinking maybe that would be the STD), but we decided everyone knew, so that was good enough.  I am thinking of sending out an email (to those who have it) as a reminder, and more information. I'm hoping by now people have a good idea if they are going to come or not - our payment date is also October.

We have our RSVP set for July 15th, so I'm not really that worried if people don't RSVP.  I kind of think that most of the people who are coming - have already put down their deposit (we're at 35).

#227 Ginny

Ginny
          • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

We're planning a (very) small wedding in Bucerias in January. Just family and a few friends. I am still trying to decide on sending invitations or just verbally and electronically confirming everyone's attendance. What do you think?

#228 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
            • 396 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

I sent out my invites in April/May...cant remember, May i think, with an RSVP date of Sept 21. I have gotten about 1/2 of the responses back, i sent out 40. We just got menu options, and picked that out last night, it was so easy, lol!!!

@Ginny --I thin a long as you give your guests a god amount of time and all the info they need Email would be the way to go go...Verbally is okay to announce it, but there is definitly some info they need and that they would probably refernce like hotel, travel agent, treavel dates, that itmight be easier for them if it was written down in an email.

Welcome to our thread..Congrats and Good Luck!

#229 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Welcome!  We sent out our STDs about 10 months in advance with just basic information, such as where the wedding would be and the date.  We chose not to do formal invitations after that as we only invited a small amount of people and we basically knew after a few months who was and who wasn't coming.  I think sending something electronically would be just fine.

Originally Posted by Ginny 

We're planning a (very) small wedding in Bucerias in January. Just family and a few friends. I am still trying to decide on sending invitations or just verbally and electronically confirming everyone's attendance. What do you think?

#230 celticgirl

celticgirl
              • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

Thats a tough one.  I know that my family liked that they could keep the invites for memory purposes, but to be honest... NO one used the RSVP tag.  Half of the people didnt RSVP at all (neither by phone or email) Luckily, I got a tax break if I booked before April as an early booking bonus, so it gave everyone a firm deadline! I ended up with 65 people, which suprised me because I only got 20 rsvp's back.

Originally Posted by Ginny 

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
                January 7th, 2012

63 booked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users