Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5891 mwells

mwells
  • Newbie
  • 75 posts

    Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

    We are doing a private welcome dinner on a terrace on Friday night, they day before the wedding.  Then on Sunday morning we are doing a private brunch, although I'm questioning the brunch because people may want to do their own thing and sleep in. 

     

     

    I don't have a TA, so I guess I will just let them tell me when I get there that there isn't an upgrade.  haha



    #5892 mwells

    mwells
    • Newbie
    • 75 posts

      Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

      Does anyone know the contact for booking excursions with your resort credits?   I want to do a group event but I never heard back from the contact I found, so I'm wondering if it's old.



      #5893 mpweddingplan

      mpweddingplan
      • Site Supporter
      • 261 posts

        Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

        Originally Posted by CurlyBride 

        Hi ladies, what are your plans for rehearsal dinners? meet and greets or farewell ideas?

         

        I wanted to do a catamaran cruise as a fairwell but I cant do that until I know I have under 50 guests and people are still booking their trips.

         

        Ideas please!

         

        TIA

         

        Our wedding was on Friday.  A majority of our guests arrived on Wednesday afternoon.

         

        - on Wednesday, we did a private event guests meet & greet cocktail welcome party on the Caribbean Terrace at 7pm

         

        - on Thursday, we had a rehearsal dinner (for wedding party and immed. family only - 26ppl) at Arrecifies at 6pm

         

        - Friday was wedding

         

        - Saturday - no farewell event...just all met at the pools to hang out



        #5894 mpweddingplan

        mpweddingplan
        • Site Supporter
        • 261 posts

          Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

          Originally Posted by mwells 

          Does anyone know the contact for booking excursions with your resort credits?   I want to do a group event but I never heard back from the contact I found, so I'm wondering if it's old.

           

          I would try this contact to book excursions.  I used this contact to book golf.....but it seems to be an excursions desk.

           

          Xochitl Esquivel Solis" <xesquivel@palaceresorts.com>,



          #5895 Speckles121

          Speckles121
          • Member
          • 720 posts

            Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

            Originally Posted by mwells 

            Does anyone know the contact for booking excursions with your resort credits?   I want to do a group event but I never heard back from the contact I found, so I'm wondering if it's old.

             

             

            THese are the contacts I got from Daniela :)

             

            * Tours and Golf information: Please contact teetimes@palaceresorts.com 

            *Transfers : Please contact crispin.aguilar@azulcancunvacations.com

            *Honeymooners package information  ; Please contact lunamielmpn@palaceresorts.com or lunamielmps@palaceresorts.com



            #5896 mpweddingplan

            mpweddingplan
            • Site Supporter
            • 261 posts

              Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

              Originally Posted by mwells 

              So I have a questions for past brides or for  anyone who qualifies for unlimited events and room upgrade.....

               

              Does anyone know if you get your room upgraded before you arrive or is this one of those things...if we have availability once you arrive? 

               

              I can totally see them blowing us off if we have to wait until we arrive to find out if we get one.

               

              I will say this....the resort was completely booked up during the week we were there.  Acutally, it was overbooked.  There was a group of 2900 guests from a Travel Group called "DreamTrips" who checked in on Wednesday.  I know the resort was overbooked, because the one family who came to our wedding, and did NOT book through our Travel Agents group room block, got a call from Moon Palace the week before our wedding, explaining the resort was overbooked, and asking them if they wanted to take thier vacation at one of the other Palace Resorts locations in Cancun (Beach Palace/Cancun Palace).  They explained they were coming to Moon Palace for our wedding, and did not choose to move to the other locations.

               

              Our guests who checked in on Monday and Tuesday, were able to use thier resort credits to upgrade rooms.  Many of them initially booked either Garden View or Ocean View...and upgraded to Concierge Level, and had some of the absolute best rooms on the property.  Everyone who checked in on Wednesday, were told there were no available rooms to upgrade to (as the huge DreamTrips group had checked in on that day as well, and the resort was FULL).



              #5897 mwells

              mwells
              • Newbie
              • 75 posts

                Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

                Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

                 

                I will say this....the resort was completely booked up during the week we were there.  Acutally, it was overbooked.  There was a group of 2900 guests from a Travel Group called "DreamTrips" who checked in on Wednesday.  I know the resort was overbooked, because the one family who came to our wedding, and did NOT book through our Travel Agents group room block, got a call from Moon Palace the week before our wedding, explaining the resort was overbooked, and asking them if they wanted to take thier vacation at one of the other Palace Resorts locations in Cancun (Beach Palace/Cancun Palace).  They explained they were coming to Moon Palace for our wedding, and did not choose to move to the other locations.

                 

                Our guests who checked in on Monday and Tuesday, were able to use thier resort credits to upgrade rooms.  Many of them initially booked either Garden View or Ocean View...and upgraded to Concierge Level, and had some of the absolute best rooms on the property.  Everyone who checked in on Wednesday, were told there were no available rooms to upgrade to (as the huge DreamTrips group had checked in on that day as well, and the resort was FULL).

                 

                 

                We are coming in on a Wednesday, I guess it will be hit or miss not that its a huge ordeal, but back in December when we did our contract we chose Ocean View based on the fact we new we would hit unlimited events and be elligible for the upgrade.  Oh well... either way I'm sure it will be fine.

                 

                I think I chose the end of October for the wedding thinking that it would be low occupancy, but I do know back when the Miami office was still open, I tried to book an extra night to my stay and they told me the hotel was booked solid.  Of course I didn't believe them and called Moon Palace myself and it was confirmed by them that  the hotel was booked solid.  In the end I just booked it through my wedding link (which the Miami office should have thought to do for me in the first place but whatever).  Anyway, recently it seems like some rooms have opened back up within the past couple of weeks so I'm not sure if these were due to room blocks being over, etc.



                #5898 mwells

                mwells
                • Newbie
                • 75 posts

                  Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

                  Also, thank you guys for the contacts, I am going to try to see if I get a response! :)



                  #5899 Laura1220

                  Laura1220
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 60 posts

                    Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

                    Originally Posted by CurlyBride 

                    Hi ladies, what are your plans for rehearsal dinners? meet and greets or farewell ideas?

                     

                    I wanted to do a catamaran cruise as a fairwell but I cant do that until I know I have under 50 guests and people are still booking their trips.

                     

                    Ideas please!

                     

                    TIA

                    I am having a welcome/meet & greet cocktail hour on the Caribbean Terrace 2 nights before the wedding.  Possibly a farewell brunch the day after the wedding but I think it may all be too much.

                     

                    I was just at a wedding in June in Cancun and the bride had a breakfast table set up at the buffet for 2 hours the morning after the wedding.  So it wasnt a private function because it was the buffet but her guests could come and go as they please.   But her resort seems more accommodating than MP so we would probably get charged for something like that!



                    #5900 deepdeepblue

                    deepdeepblue
                    • Newbie
                    • 4 posts

                      Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

                      For those of you booking under membership rates, do you know if your guests are able to book for 2 nights only, or whether there is a 3-night minimum? I've now asked this twice of our Miami contact, and he continues to check...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users