6467 replies to this topic

#4441 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
  • Site Supporter
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ana Nieves 

Hi Beatyea....
    Congrads on your wedding....its exciting a.d nerve wrecking all at once girl, I know!!! I have 2 months left. Soo, yes joannis is still with them, try Michelle Farinas
    she always been great! Call 877 725-4933 ext 6531
    and her email is mfarinas@palaceresort.com
    good luck and best wishes to you and your
    Ana

Michelle Farinas is not an on-site coordinator.  She works out of the Miami office and doesn't seem to be very much help when it comes to the specifics of actually reserving your physical locations for any/all event (rehersal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, etc).  She bascially sets up the group room block and answers general questions.

Seeing as how beatyea is only 23 days out, she should definitely be in contact with someone from the on-site Moon Palace weddings department by now.

I have previously been in contact with Kalena (who is our on-site coordiantor), but have not been able to get in contact with her in almost 6 weeks now.  Every single time I email her, I get an auto-reply that says she is out of office.  I absolutely despise with a passion how impossible it is to touch base with wedding coordinators.  I know these people have things under control (usually), but they really should have someone available to answer emails or calls for wedding questions.  Its crazy how they do business as far as communication goes. 

#4442 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Does anyone know if they have black tablecloths? And if yes, how much to rent them? I of course havent heard back from Joannis and I need an answer on this!!

I think your best bet is to contact katie at Zuniga.  They are the people who do the in-house decorating.  They will get back to you very quickly with a price quote.  I'm sure they can do black. 

#4443 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
      • Site Supporter
      • 261 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by FutureRN2011 

I too, haven't heard back from my wedding coordinator in Miami nor have they contacted me to tell me who my onsite coordinator is. I am done stressing over this and just going to trust that everything will work out. I chose MP because I know a few people who have gotten married there and they told me not to worry because they are really good there. Plus we have the brides on here that have already had their weddings and how great they turned out. I am leaving in 28 days....just so ready to go and enjoy our wedding!

I can not believe you are only a month away, and have not had contact with your on-site coordinator yet?  That is completely crazy.  If you don't mind me asking, have you already reserved and confirmed all your locations for the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception?  Or are you going to trust that your first choices are available when you get there? 

#4444 beatyea

beatyea
        • 288 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Good news- my onsite coordinator, Claudia emailed me for the first time today and is taking care of the rest of the locations!  Yay! Her email also had what time we are to meet with her down there which is only 2 days before the wedding when we arrive 5 days before it- is this normal?

#4445 leenancy

leenancy
          • 212 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yay!! Glad someone's finally on the ball :) Two days before is what they told me as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Good news- my onsite coordinator, Claudia emailed me for the first time today and is taking care of the rest of the locations!  Yay! Her email also had what time we are to meet with her down there which is only 2 days before the wedding when we arrive 5 days before it- is this normal?

Attached Files

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
            2 Guests booked through other services

#4446 FutureRN2011

FutureRN2011
            • Site Supporter
            • 44 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

I can not believe you are only a month away, and have not had contact with your on-site coordinator yet?  That is completely crazy.  If you don't mind me asking, have you already reserved and confirmed all your locations for the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception?  Or are you going to trust that your first choices are available when you get there? 

I sent my preferences to Joannis but no reply from her as far as whether they were available or what not. I was told from the other brides that have gotten married there that they never really confirmed anything until their meeting with the on-site coordinator. So, since I am struggling to get exact answers from my Miami coordinator, I am going to just have faith that MP will make my preferences happen.

#4447 stefn1218

stefn1218
              • 89 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hey Ladies - I just signed up for a vistaprints.com account and they gave me a referral link http://vistaprint.te...om/a/clk/4l5lRJ   If you order before the end of March (I know! not much time...) you get 80% off using that link.  I get $10 for each referral, but I'm already done ordering stuff, so either way I hope this can help a few of you out.  Also, if you sign up for an account, they give you 250 free business cards (just pay for shipping). That's what I bought to make my STD luggage tags with. They always run new specials, so if you miss this deadline, don't stress... happy planning!

#4448 Far18

Far18
                • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hi Ladies! I am planning to get married at the MP on Nov.24,2012. I was hoping if you could share any advice? I am a little afraid that the beach isn't the greatest. I will be having about 80 guests joining me in Cancun. Have they been flexible with negotiations? Please help! :)

#4449 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

HI Far! I am getting married at Sun Palace on Nov 23, 2012, but we are staying at MP the 19-26! So I will be there for your wedding! How long are you going to be there?  Wow- 80 people is a lot! congrats! What section is your room block? :)

Originally Posted by Far18 

Hi Ladies! I am planning to get married at the MP on Nov.24,2012. I was hoping if you could share any advice? I am a little afraid that the beach isn't the greatest. I will be having about 80 guests joining me in Cancun. Have they been flexible with negotiations? Please help! :)

#4450 beatyea

beatyea
                  • 288 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

oh ok- thanks!

Originally Posted by leenancy 

Yay!! Glad someone's finally on the ball :) Two days before is what they told me as well.

Quote:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users