• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4401 FutureRN2011

FutureRN2011
  • Site Supporter
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Hey ladies- I need some ideas!  My fiance still hasn't got the groomsmen gifts yet!  He is buying them nice leather sandals for the wedding and that is part of their gift, but we can't seem to think of something else!  The groomsmen are our age except my brother who is 15 so barware or a cigar holder is not exactly appropriate for him (I'm sure he wouldn't mine but my parents would hahaha).  So any ideas???

How about a money clip with their names or initials engraved on it? Or personalized cuff links for their suits? There are some nice gifts that I found on thingsremembered.com, its a store that we have around my house that you can get gifts engraved for special occasions. Not sure if you have a store located near you but you can order things right from their website also.

#4402 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Whew... Okay I'm in planning withdraw, so I decided to go a planning thread after all.  I by far didn't capture EVERYTHING as there were a few things that I wanted to keep "Post Wedding" but will include in the review.

Here's the link http://www.bestdesti...vy#post_1748658

#4403 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Congrats USCJLB

Hi Ladies-

So we had our ceremony on Friday (still down here until Thursday) and what everyone says is true...don't worry about things so much on the front end. From the spa services to the wedding planning to the ceremony, everything has been beyond perfect!

I will write a long review when I return..happy planning guys and try to relax, it all works out!

#4404 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
        • Site Supporter
        • 252 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

you do not have to get everyone the same things. Customize it for your brother because you know what he likes and get everyone else something else.

Hey ladies- I need some ideas!  My fiance still hasn't got the groomsmen gifts yet!  He is buying them nice leather sandals for the wedding and that is part of their gift, but we can't seem to think of something else!  The groomsmen are our age except my brother who is 15 so barware or a cigar holder is not exactly appropriate for him (I'm sure he wouldn't mine but my parents would hahaha).  So any ideas???

#4405 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
          • 148 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

I was actually just talking to my fiance about this over the weekend! For his guys hes either gunna do a nice pair of sunglasses for each of them (like Oakleys or something along those lines!) OR hes going to take them all on an excursion when we get there!! Just some ideas for you!

#4406 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
            • Site Supporter
            • 252 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I put my items up for sale. Let me know if anyone needs anything ;)

Attached Files

#4407 CurlyBride

CurlyBride
              • 46 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hello my fellow MP brides, so for about the past 3 months I have been reading threads and following the advice you have posted, all secretly, I felt it was about time I come clean and join in on the discussions. I was, up until recently working with Beatriz and now I am told I will be working with the on site coordator Kalena who has not returned any emails since last week to confirm my information. I have about 7 months but I just want everything to be confirmed so I can focus on other things.

I have spent the past 2 months emailing back and forth with Beatriz all the add ons and package details we wanted to incorporate. I have already made a deposit to reserve the locations and decor through Zuniga. Should I be worried or they will have all this on file? In my experience it has been one thing to another working with Palace resorts. Just recently I was told I never reserved the Tucan Gazebo and they wanted to move me to the Catholic Gazebo when I informed them that I am having a Jewish ceremony WTF? after some fighting Beatriz promised it was ours and we signed the contract. Now im worried that since she is gone they may move us anyways.. what do you think? At one point we wanted to cancel and move to Dreams but decided to deal with it and stay strong. Your comments have definitly put me at ease and I relay all to my fiance. We are sticking it through as you ladies have already done so.

#4408 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                • Site Supporter
                • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

So my wedding went off wonderfully on Sat. I am not Mrs. Richardson. Christina the wedding coordinator on site is amazing. She is totally organized and knows what she is doing. Will write a full review when we get back but wanted to update any brides who are coming soon that the Disco is closed for repairs with an unknown date to reopen. We had planned for the wedding group to party there but they closed it the night before. So we ended up partying with Janel's wedding party in the Sunrise lobby where they had music and dancing so it all worked out. :) Its been a wonderful experiance, We upgraded our room to the concierge level this trip and I would definatly recommend it. They did so many extra touches, 3 times a day I would come into my room with a new surprise! It was great!! Ok back to my vacation.

#4409 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Yaay! Congrats! I cant wait for pics and reviews!!!! Oh no, that is not good to hear about the disco! Why is it closed?  It better be open by November!!!! :)

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

So my wedding went off wonderfully on Sat. I am not Mrs. Richardson. Christina the wedding coordinator on site is amazing. She is totally organized and knows what she is doing. Will write a full review when we get back but wanted to update any brides who are coming soon that the Disco is closed for repairs with an unknown date to reopen. We had planned for the wedding group to party there but they closed it the night before. So we ended up partying with Janel's wedding party in the Sunrise lobby where they had music and dancing so it all worked out. :) Its been a wonderful experiance, We upgraded our room to the concierge level this trip and I would definatly recommend it. They did so many extra touches, 3 times a day I would come into my room with a new surprise! It was great!! Ok back to my vacation.

#4410 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

Congrats!!!! So glad that everything went smoothly! Have a great rest of your honeymoon!!

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users