Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#2851 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Summer12,

I would feel the exact same way that you do and I probably would have fussed etc..  but there was a reason that they broke up prior to him being able to give her the ring.  We all have a past history (some stories greater in length than others & outcomes being very different) but to say "I want bigger because she had" or vice versa is not how I believe that anyone getting married should start off.  Yes, my ego would be a little tarnished as he has witnessed yours but YOU alone are marrying a great man with dynamic in-laws whose stepping up in so many ways for you and your family.  That to me is what matters not the size of your ring.  You have more in him (from what I have read) that he would not be able to afford in putting in a ring.  You have a man that cares about you, and your family to the fullest... that my friend has no karat size related.  IMO of course. 

Originally Posted by summer12 

OPINION NEEDED!!

Okay ladies I need to know what you would do in this situation.  My FI and I were talking about my ring today.  He had bought a ring for another girl once but they broke up before he gave it to her.  I have known that since before we were engaged.  Somehow in conversation he mentioned that he spend more on her ring then he did on mine.  I of course was not super happy about this.  Especially when I found out he spend over double the amount on her ring.  Now, I'm not very materialistic, but that hurts me because to me the man I marry should think I deserve the best right?  He says he didn't like the ring he got her and liked the one he got me.  But now since he knows he hurt me he said he has to upgrade my ring.  If you found this out what would your reaction be?  I tried the whole "it's not the ring I'm marrying" thing but to be honest I wouldn't mind something bigger.  Ugh, after all this $$ stuff with my parents and I "materialistic me" needs a bigger ring? 

Anyways... thoughts ladies?  Tell me I'm not the only one that would feel this way?

#2852 Mca1116

Mca1116
    • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

I'm getting married on nov 10, 2012... We have sent out our save the dates and created our website but I feel like you girls are so far ahead of us. How do you have your locations and such booked. I called mp and asked for menus etc and was told I have to wait until 90 days before the wedding. Help?? 

#2853 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Never downplay your feelings as ndvidul has eluded to in the previous post.  Tell him how this made you feel so that you can get this off of your chest, and so that he can understand.  From there, he will know exactly what he needs to do.  Wishing you all the best and hoping you feel better about the situation soon. 

Originally Posted by summer12 

Aww yes!  That helps sooo much and was what I have been struggling with!  The "playing it cool" vs honoring my true feelings.  I know in the long run I'll be happy I was honest just right now I feel crappy.  Thanks so much!  And I tried to explain myself in a rational "i'm not trying to be materialistic" way.  I guess if nothing else he will respect my feeling even though he doesn't understand them.  Just like I do for him sometimes.  That's what a marriage is right? 

#2854 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Mca1116, Congrats and

I'm getting married on nov 10, 2012... We have sent out our save the dates and created our website but I feel like you girls are so far ahead of us. How do you have your locations and such booked. I called mp and asked for menus etc and was told I have to wait until 90 days before the wedding. Help?? 

#2855 Mca1116

Mca1116
          • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thank you so much. I have believe it or not read all 200+ pages of the forum haha. Ive tried to view the pdf files listed and i dont have priveleges to view them.  Could you email me the menus? My email address is mcander1116@yahoo.com. I will definitely call MP tomorrow and try to fight for my locations. I want to get married on the beach and def don't want to take the chance of losing that opportunity. 

What is everyone doing for their bridesmaids flowers? I had a huge argument w one of my BM bc I wanted to make my bouquets instead of paying the $80-$100 the resort charges and my BM told me they would look ridiculous. 

-Melissa 

#2856 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
            • 789 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Thanks to both of you ladies for the sweet compliments :) 

#2857 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

Yes, I'll email menus along with a few other items 1st thing in the am. How rude of your BM :-() I'm sure that you have seen the many elegant & beautiful DIY bouquets on the forum alone so I'll say this "it's your day" do what you & your FI wants. I'm using Marvin from Maya Floral.

Thank you so much. I have believe it or not read all 200+ pages of the forum haha. Ive tried to view the pdf files listed and i dont have priveleges to view them.  Could you email me the menus? My email address is mcander1116@yahoo.com. I will definitely call MP tomorrow and try to fight for my locations. I want to get married on the beach and def don't want to take the chance of losing that opportunity. 

What is everyone doing for their bridesmaids flowers? I had a huge argument w one of my BM bc I wanted to make my bouquets instead of paying the $80-$100 the resort charges and my BM told me they would look ridiculous. 

-Melissa 

#2858 ndvidul

ndvidul
                • 317 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

I wrote this totally long thing in response to you, Summer12, and welcoming you, Mca, to the forum!!  And then my computer erased it some how... and since it's late, and I want to post my project I finished, I'm going to not type it all out again... but just know I was going to respond!  LOL! 

#2859 ndvidul

ndvidul
                  • 317 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Wow, what an amazingly productive weekend on the Wedding front!  I really and truly haven't felt this "put together" about the wedding yet at all... it is an amazing feeling!  We booked our hotel & flights today --- finally!!  Yippeeee!!!!

Also, I finished the first Ceremony Program tonight.  Couldn't wait to share it with you all!  I'll finish them this week along with my other projects.  Enjoy!

P.S.  I finally was able to use my new Crop-a-dile tool and Circle Cutter for this --- woot, woot! 

P.P.S.  I got the idea for this booklet from the book The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown by Khris Cochran... which I got 40% off of course at Joann's!  haha!

P.P.P.S.  I left out a few pages that have the excerpts from our readings & the hand ceremony blessing.  I LOVE the quotes that I put in here, hehe!  OK, this is enough post scripts.  Bed time for me, friends!  Happy planning this week!

Front.jpg

Intro Pg.jpg

Our Story Pgs.jpg

Wedding Party Pgs.jpg

Ceremony Pgs.jpgEnding Pg.jpg

#2860 summer12

summer12
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 156 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Welcome!!

-Melissa 

Oh wise coco, how right you are.

Summer12,

I would feel the exact same way that you do and I probably would have fussed etc..  but there was a reason that they broke up prior to him being able to give her the ring.  We all have a past history (some stories greater in length than others & outcomes being very different) but to say "I want bigger because she had" or vice versa is not how I believe that anyone getting married should start off.  Yes, my ego would be a little tarnished as he has witnessed yours but YOU alone are marrying a great man with dynamic in-laws whose stepping up in so many ways for you and your family.  That to me is what matters not the size of your ring.  You have more in him (from what I have read) that he would not be able to afford in putting in a ring.  You have a man that cares about you, and your family to the fullest... that my friend has no karat size related.  IMO of course. 

Wow I love it ndvidul!!!  Do you have a template? Love your style!

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Wow, what an amazingly productive weekend on the Wedding front!  I really and truly haven't felt this "put together" about the wedding yet at all... it is an amazing feeling!  We booked our hotel & flights today --- finally!!  Yippeeee!!!!

Also, I finished the first Ceremony Program tonight.  Couldn't wait to share it with you all!  I'll finish them this week along with my other projects.  Enjoy!

P.S.  I finally was able to use my new Crop-a-dile tool and Circle Cutter for this --- woot, woot! 

P.P.S.  I got the idea for this booklet from the book The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown by Khris Cochran... which I got 40% off of course at Joann's!  haha!

P.P.P.S.  I left out a few pages that have the excerpts from our readings & the hand ceremony blessing.  I LOVE the quotes that I put in here, hehe!  OK, this is enough post scripts.  Bed time for me, friends!  Happy planning this week!

Front.jpg

Intro Pg.jpg

Our Story Pgs.jpg

Wedding Party Pgs.jpg

Ceremony Pgs.jpgEnding Pg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users