Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#2171 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Aw leenancy, the same exact thing happened with my sister in law! So excited for you to become an auntie! As the time got closer my sister in law became so depressed that the rest of our family was coming but once she had her baby she was ecstatic. Congratulations and remember to save them an OOT bag! :)

Originally Posted by leenancy 

So last night, my brother and sister-in-law told the family that they are prego :) I am so excited for them since they just got married this July and wanted to start a family ASAP. And it's my first niece or nephew (not including my cute little to-be nieces from my FI's side) so I'm super excited  The only downfall is that the baby is due June 2. Which means both my brother and sister-in-law will be missing the wedding  I really would have loved to have the entire family there, but we all agree mom's first grandchild does come first.

#2172 YWS2012

YWS2012
    • 393 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

AWWW so happy for you Auntie -to -be..

So last night, my brother and sister-in-law told the family that they are prego :) I am so excited for them since they just got married this July and wanted to start a family ASAP. And it's my first niece or nephew (not including my cute little to-be nieces from my FI's side) so I'm super excited  The only downfall is that the baby is due June 2. Which means both my brother and sister-in-law will be missing the wedding  I really would have loved to have the entire family there, but we all agree mom's first grandchild does come first.

#2173 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
      • 675 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

That is kind of a bittersweet situation for you!  So exciting to have a little niece or nephew, but a total bummer that they can't come now!!!  :(  I am really close with all my sibs, so I would be sad if they couldn't be at my wedding.  At least it's a great reason to miss your wedding!  I am sure they are bummed too!

Attached Files

#2174 leenancy

leenancy
        • 212 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

Thanks ladies! It's definitely bittersweet. But like you all said, they have a special reason for not going. It will definitely be strange not having at least my big bro with me.

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
          2 Guests booked through other services

#2175 alaharri

alaharri
          • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

OK, I'm finally motivated to post what I'm working on.  I'm on a super tight budget, so I'm not doing a whole lot of things like you girls.  Sorry, no OOT bags, guests.    Here's what I've got so far:

Save the Date magnets--Check, using pic we took from our balcony when we were there in March this year.

magnet copy.jpg

Photography--Booked, Photos in Cancun

Wedding Dress, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories--check, in my possession.  I look awful in this pic, though.  It needs to be pressed when we get down there.

WEDDING DRESS.JPG

*MOH dress and pants for BM--check, still need matching shirt for him.

*FI pants--check, but still  need to order his shirt (Need my bank account to catch up with spending.  Haha!)

*Wedding Rings--shopping for next weekend.

*Decorations for Tables--check

*Cake Topper, serving set, toasting flutes--check

cake topper 2.bmp

*Flights and Room reservations, hair/makeup appointments--Booked

*Wedding Garter--check, Colts theme--FI will love it

*Flower girl baskets and petals--check

*Gifts for MOH/BM--check

*Invitations--check, super cheap.  Found them at Jo Ann's for $4 clearance, Score!

*Wedding favors--check, my BM is screen printing custom koozies for us

Soooooooo....that was a lot.  I will refrain from posting that much in the future!  Haha!  I think I'm in pretty good shape.  I feel like I'm forgetting something that I need, though. 

#2176 beatyea

beatyea
            • 288 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Congrats on all of your things checked off your list!!!!  It's such a good feeling!

Originally Posted by alaharri 

OK, I'm finally motivated to post what I'm working on.  I'm on a super tight budget, so I'm not doing a whole lot of things like you girls.  Sorry, no OOT bags, guests.    Here's what I've got so far:

Save the Date magnets--Check, using pic we took from our balcony when we were there in March this year.

magnet copy.jpg

Wedding Dress, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories--check, in my possession.  I look awful in this pic, though.  It needs to be pressed when we get down there.

WEDDING DRESS.JPG

*FI pants--check, but still  need to order his shirt (Need my bank account to catch up with spending.  Haha!)

cake topper 2.bmp

*Gifts for MOH/BM--check

*Invitations--check, super cheap.  Found them at Jo Ann's for $4 clearance, Score!

Soooooooo....that was a lot.  I will refrain from posting that much in the future!  Haha!  I think I'm in pretty good shape.  I feel like I'm forgetting something that I need, though. 

#2177 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
              • 385 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

I really can't decide which restaurant to book our reception at.  Does anyone know if we would be able to do our first dance there?  Would we be allowed to plug in an IPOD or anything?

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#2178 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Love the magnets!  The good thing about destination weddings is that no one expects OOT bags and the like. So no worries!

Your dress is beautiful!! (we will all need a good steam by the time we hit Mexico;-)  Way to go on the check check check list

magnet copy.jpg

WEDDING DRESS.JPG

cake topper 2.bmp

*Gifts for MOH/BM--check

#2179 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Awe congrats on becoming an Aunite!  Besides have a wonderful addition to the family, you know that your brother and sister-in-law would have been there for your BIG day. I agree with Chelsea in that you should definitely give them an OOT bag and while you are at it through a little bib in there....;-)

#2180 leenancy

leenancy
                    • 212 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Way to go! You've definitely got a good amount of stuff done. Long posts are always welcome :)

Originally Posted by alaharri 

magnet copy.jpg

WEDDING DRESS.JPG

cake topper 2.bmp

*Gifts for MOH/BM--check

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
                      2 Guests booked through other services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users