Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For those past brides who have had a symbolic ceremony.... Did your guests or bridal party have any way of knowing you were only having the symbolic ceremony? I don't want anyone to know we will already be married in the states before we leave for Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOPE, no one KNEW!!  No one questions and frankly I think this is the furthest thing from their mind.  Afterwards you sign a certificate versus the thumb print. 

Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

For those past brides who have had a symbolic ceremony....
Did your guests or bridal party have any way of knowing you were only having the symbolic ceremony?
I don't want anyone to know we will already be married in the states before we leave for Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to use Smile Market also. They have a lot of really impressive vendor reviews, and their pictures are really good. I am glad  I liked them because I did not want to have to pay to many outside vendor fees. However, I am going to use Mike Cantrell for my video services. I am in love with his highlight videos. I am only going to get professional pictures of the ceramony and formal pictures on the beach with family and bridal party. I figure I would have lots of video footage of me getting ready and of the reception. II thought this was most pratical money wise. I think I would be more likely to pop in a video then go and dig a million pictures out for dozens of albums.    

 

I am sure that your pictures will be really nice:)                                         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

 

My big day will be next year October 19, 2013. I am a finalist in the AMW Destination Wedding Photography Contest. I am reaching out to you all to vote for me and my fiance (LaShawn and Cedric) in this contest and please  please please share with your friends. The link is below 

 

https://amwstudios.com/index.php/blog/

 

Thank you all and I wish you all well in planning for the big day! I just got confirmation from the Hard Rock Punta Cana for my big day, so now it is full steam ahead! I am excited! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone,

 

Just want to start by saying thank you again for all your help and amazing input!

 

I have a question about payment, has anyone been asked to pay in full before you even get there? I saw a lot of comments about charging the wedding to the room, but no mention about being asked to pay in full in advance.  I can understand a deposit but not paying in advance.

 

Thanks,

 

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted :)

 

Originally Posted by LRDubbs View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

My big day will be next year October 19, 2013. I am a finalist in the AMW Destination Wedding Photography Contest. I am reaching out to you all to vote for me and my fiance (LaShawn and Cedric) in this contest and please  please please share with your friends. The link is below 

 

https://amwstudios.com/index.php/blog/

 

Thank you all and I wish you all well in planning for the big day! I just got confirmation from the Hard Rock Punta Cana for my big day, so now it is full steam ahead! I am excited! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

 

Well its been a exciting few days for me..

 

Daniela from MP FINALLLYYYYYY contacted me, put me a little more at ease knowing our wedding reservation was not mixed up. She sent a bunch of information all in one email! We'll see how it goes from here on out.

 

Also my wonderful mother and bridesmaids threw my fiance and I a bridal shower on Saturday. It was a big surprise because my MOH (who is 7 months pregnant) lives in AZ so she randomly showed up at my house on Saturday morning to surprise me and let me know that it was today! It was great, only about 20 people but it was set up so nicely. It was a beach theme with pink and green (which are our colors). We even got to FINALLY see our engagement pictures, one of my bridesmaids asked her for a few and she made a mock "luggage tag" with the pictures!! I'll try to add some photos tonight of it all!

 

Hope everyone on here is doing well!!

 

 

Yay!!!  I am so glad you've got the ball rolling!  I finally heard back about securing locations from my coordinator too, after copying a few coordinators on an email.  A little pushing and a lot of complaining was all that was needed!  cheesy.gif  Can't wait to see your pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also ordered my cake topper from Mudcards off of Etsy!

 

I am excited to see how it turns out but I won't be getting it back until the end of September.  Here is a sample below:

 

 

700700

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahhh <3 it!!! cant wait to see the final product!! i was gonna use mudcards..but i think we are going to do custom bobbleheads instead!! :)

Originally Posted by mwells View Post

I also ordered my cake topper from Mudcards off of Etsy!

 

I am excited to see how it turns out but I won't be getting it back until the end of September.  Here is a sample below:

 

 

700700

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good! We just decided to not have the legal cermony in Mexico as well, and I didn't want anyone to know either.

At least I know I'm not on my own with this one!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

NOPE, no one KNEW!!  No one questions and frankly I think this is the furthest thing from their mind.  Afterwards you sign a certificate versus the thumb print. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • It’s been years... and I’m now searching for the same in Montego Bay or Negril. Did anyone ever have any luck finding? 
    • Hello, I'm new to this site. I got engaged already and get married by next year. I have some doubts regarding our dating destination. Hope you will help me. Thank You!
    • Hello everyone,
      Well, this upcoming valentine's day is special for me because I got engaged and planning to spend the day with my fiance. I'm planning to give her an ethical jumpsuit.

      Other than that I have been searching the internet for some nice discounted coupons and searched among my friends and found different sites. Now, we are looking forward to that wonderful day. We searched a lot and found out, Escape The City. Orangeville is a great place for a day trip or weekend gateway from Toronto.
      Theatre Orangeville is offering a weekend package that includes 2 tickets to a Live performance at the theatre, Premium Overnight Accommodations at Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn and Suites and $75 Downtown Wine and Dine Voucher which is valid at select Downtown restaurants, and Free Entry to the scenic Trails & Bridges of Island Lake.

      We are so excited and eagerly waiting for that day.
      If anyone has got any other suggestions for the venue, kindly share your thoughts/ideas.
      Thank You!
       
    • Please tell me, the best wedding venue in Saskatoon, SK.
    • Hey everyone! Like the others here, I'm interested in wedding reception, venue and all related steps & stuff. Starting with my first and the most important note is that we're international couple and we need to think of bilingual wedding. So the first thing we need to think of is whether it will be interpretation or 2 different venue coordinators, sermons and stuff? What is your experience, what could be the best and affordable solution? From googling the issue I've found this Interactio app team ( describing possible solution here  http://blog.interactio.io/case-study-weddings )Basically they offer to hold the venue in the main language, additionally providing simultaneous interpretation online to other quest's mobile phones. Looks like really easy and creative idea. What about the others? How did you solve this kind of obstacle? Any additional advises would be very welcomed here  
  • Topics

×