Question for those who have reserved their wedding date online--On the site it asks for number of single and double rooms, is this a definate number you need to put down, its a little too early for me to write for SURE the number of rooms needed. HELP!

I would air on the side of caution and slighly increase the number(s) of those you would expect to come. I say this as it would be better to downsize an area needed versus trying to find a bigger area (all on MP side of course).  So if you think you would have 30 people I would put 45.

Hope this helps.

I didn't put a number down yet. I want to wait to get our STDs out so I can get an idea of how many are considering coming. I checked "yes" then left it blank! I hope we can get enough so we can get the unlimited private events!

Do any of you know whether or not you can still be eligible to get the unlimited events/free nights if you use a TA to book your rooms?

But yes all MP brides, as soon as you decide on MP, BOOK you day! They go fast as well as time slots. I knew 4 pm was what I wanted, so I sent the reservation request, then my FI called the next morning. They said we were good to go on the date and time we wanted.

I would do both...JUST in case!

Yes you still get the events/free nights if you use a TA.  We are using our TA that plans all of our trips etc...and we will even get more discounts through the agency depending on how many people book. 

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

I didn't put a number down yet. I want to wait to get our STDs out so I can get an idea of how many are considering coming. I checked "yes" then left it blank! I hope we can get enough so we can get the unlimited private events!

Do any of you know whether or not you can still be eligible to get the unlimited events/free nights if you use a TA to book your rooms?

But yes all MP brides, as soon as you decide on MP, BOOK you day! They go fast as well as time slots. I knew 4 pm was what I wanted, so I sent the reservation request, then my FI called the next morning. They said we were good to go on the date and time we wanted.

I faxed my reservation form on Monday evening and I started to get worried because I didn't hear anything from them yet and all of you guys were getting your dates confirmed! So, I e-mailed Pilar in the Miami offices again and asked her if she got the form I sent and when I should expect to know about my date. First she e-mailed me back saying that she had not received anything from me yet! I was having a heart attack thinking "Oh no! Now I won't get my date because they didn't get the form!!!" Then she sent me an e-mail saying that they had received the form and it was just "pending authorization from the minister." Is that what they said to you guys? Or did they say you for sure have your date? I'm still a little nervous...Crossing my fingers tho!

Don't be nervous....This is what Janice and Lauren (cause I had to be sure) said to me. Once the minister confirms that "he is available" then they will send the contract.

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHammer View Post

I faxed my reservation form on Monday evening and I started to get worried because I didn't hear anything from them yet and all of you guys were getting your dates confirmed! So, I e-mailed Pilar in the Miami offices again and asked her if she got the form I sent and when I should expect to know about my date. First she e-mailed me back saying that she had not received anything from me yet! I was having a heart attack thinking "Oh no! Now I won't get my date because they didn't get the form!!!" Then she sent me an e-mail saying that they had received the form and it was just "pending authorization from the minister." Is that what they said to you guys? Or did they say you for sure have your date? I'm still a little nervous...Crossing my fingers tho!

OK thanks! That makes me feel a little better :-) I will still feel a little nervous tho until I know for sure that I am getting the date and time I want!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Don't be nervous....This is what Janice and Lauren (cause I had to be sure) said to me. Once the minister confirms that "he is available" then they will send the contract.

I agree!! However; have some comfort because if you go back on the reservation website and enter your info as if you are booking, you will see that the time that you requested on your date is blocked off so that no one else can reserve it.  I'm calling tomorrow though ;-)

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHammer View Post

OK thanks! That makes me feel a little better :-) I will still feel a little nervous tho until I know for sure that I am getting the date and time I want!!!

Quote:

GREAT!!! This will make things MUCH easier! Now just to find a TA. I sent an inqury to Wright Travel Agency through this forum, but still haven't heard back! Hopefully I will soon!

Yes you still get the events/free nights if you use a TA.  We are using our TA that plans all of our trips etc...and we will even get more discounts through the agency depending on how many people book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

Hey Coco! Which TA are you using, and how did you decide on them? You and I are both Philly girls, we should definitely get together and swap some DIY ideas as out dates get closer!!