Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Congrats USCJLB cheer2.gif  thanks for the update..
 

Originally Posted by USCJLB View Post

Hi Ladies-

So we had our ceremony on Friday (still down here until Thursday) and what everyone says is true...don't worry about things so much on the front end. From the spa services to the wedding planning to the ceremony, everything has been beyond perfect!

 

I will write a long review when I return..happy planning guys and try to relax, it all works out!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  you do not have to get everyone the same things. Customize it for your brother because you know what he likes and get everyone else something else.

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

Hey ladies- I need some ideas!  My fiance still hasn't got the groomsmen gifts yet!  He is buying them nice leather sandals for the wedding and that is part of their gift, but we can't seem to think of something else!  The groomsmen are our age except my brother who is 15 so barware or a cigar holder is not exactly appropriate for him (I'm sure he wouldn't mine but my parents would hahaha).  So any ideas???



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually just talking to my fiance about this over the weekend! For his guys hes either gunna do a nice pair of sunglasses for each of them (like Oakleys or something along those lines!) OR hes going to take them all on an excursion when we get there!! Just some ideas for you!

 

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

Hey ladies- I need some ideas!  My fiance still hasn't got the groomsmen gifts yet!  He is buying them nice leather sandals for the wedding and that is part of their gift, but we can't seem to think of something else!  The groomsmen are our age except my brother who is 15 so barware or a cigar holder is not exactly appropriate for him (I'm sure he wouldn't mine but my parents would hahaha).  So any ideas???



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello my fellow MP brides, so for about the past 3 months I have been reading threads and following the advice you have posted, all secretly, I felt it was about time I come clean and join in on the discussions. I was, up until recently working with Beatriz and now I am told I will be working with the on site coordator Kalena who has not returned any emails since last week to confirm my information. I have about 7 months but I just want everything to be confirmed so I can focus on other things.

I have spent the past 2 months emailing back and forth with Beatriz all the add ons and package details we wanted to incorporate. I have already made a deposit to reserve the locations and decor through Zuniga. Should I be worried or they will have all this on file? In my experience it has been one thing to another working with Palace resorts. Just recently I was told I never reserved the Tucan Gazebo and they wanted to move me to the Catholic Gazebo when I informed them that I am having a Jewish ceremony WTF? after some fighting Beatriz promised it was ours and we signed the contract. Now im worried that since she is gone they may move us anyways.. what do you think? At one point we wanted to cancel and move to Dreams but decided to deal with it and stay strong. Your comments have definitly put me at ease and I relay all to my fiance. We are sticking it through as you ladies have already done so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my wedding went off wonderfully on Sat. I am not Mrs. Richardson. Christina the wedding coordinator on site is amazing. She is totally organized and knows what she is doing. Will write a full review when we get back but wanted to update any brides who are coming soon that the Disco is closed for repairs with an unknown date to reopen. We had planned for the wedding group to party there but they closed it the night before. So we ended up partying with Janel's wedding party in the Sunrise lobby where they had music and dancing so it all worked out. :) Its been a wonderful experiance, We upgraded our room to the concierge level this trip and I would definatly recommend it. They did so many extra touches, 3 times a day I would come into my room with a new surprise! It was great!! Ok back to my vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Yaay! Congrats! I cant wait for pics and reviews!!!! Oh no, that is not good to hear about the disco! Why is it closed?  It better be open by November!!!! :)

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

So my wedding went off wonderfully on Sat. I am not Mrs. Richardson. Christina the wedding coordinator on site is amazing. She is totally organized and knows what she is doing. Will write a full review when we get back but wanted to update any brides who are coming soon that the Disco is closed for repairs with an unknown date to reopen. We had planned for the wedding group to party there but they closed it the night before. So we ended up partying with Janel's wedding party in the Sunrise lobby where they had music and dancing so it all worked out. :) Its been a wonderful experiance, We upgraded our room to the concierge level this trip and I would definatly recommend it. They did so many extra touches, 3 times a day I would come into my room with a new surprise! It was great!! Ok back to my vacation.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats!!!! So glad that everything went smoothly! Have a great rest of your honeymoon!!

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

So my wedding went off wonderfully on Sat. I am not Mrs. Richardson. Christina the wedding coordinator on site is amazing. She is totally organized and knows what she is doing. Will write a full review when we get back but wanted to update any brides who are coming soon that the Disco is closed for repairs with an unknown date to reopen. We had planned for the wedding group to party there but they closed it the night before. So we ended up partying with Janel's wedding party in the Sunrise lobby where they had music and dancing so it all worked out. :) Its been a wonderful experiance, We upgraded our room to the concierge level this trip and I would definatly recommend it. They did so many extra touches, 3 times a day I would come into my room with a new surprise! It was great!! Ok back to my vacation.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you probably read through this you'll see a trend with the coordinators and they are all very slow to respond. I too had Beatriz and first Lizzie and supposedly reserved one of the gazebos under Lizzie but once I was assigned to Beatriz she didn't have anything on that. From what I have been told you are technically not assigned your locations until after 90 days but you might want to get that in writing. That's your defense against these people. To be honest I'm surprised they told you that you already have Kalena bc most of the time you do not get an onsite coordinator until 90 days before. Maybe this is new change (since they are changing everything else up). If I don't hear from someone after emailing them a couple of times then I always email Janina in the Miami office. She makes sure that the coordinators are keeping up with their brides. So if all else fails email her. You still have plenty of time to get all you want so don't worry. As you can tell everything always works out in the end at MP and all the brides are happy. Let us know if you need help.

 

Congrats and happy planning!!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyBride View Post

Hello my fellow MP brides, so for about the past 3 months I have been reading threads and following the advice you have posted, all secretly, I felt it was about time I come clean and join in on the discussions. I was, up until recently working with Beatriz and now I am told I will be working with the on site coordator Kalena who has not returned any emails since last week to confirm my information. I have about 7 months but I just want everything to be confirmed so I can focus on other things.

I have spent the past 2 months emailing back and forth with Beatriz all the add ons and package details we wanted to incorporate. I have already made a deposit to reserve the locations and decor through Zuniga. Should I be worried or they will have all this on file? In my experience it has been one thing to another working with Palace resorts. Just recently I was told I never reserved the Tucan Gazebo and they wanted to move me to the Catholic Gazebo when I informed them that I am having a Jewish ceremony WTF? after some fighting Beatriz promised it was ours and we signed the contract. Now im worried that since she is gone they may move us anyways.. what do you think? At one point we wanted to cancel and move to Dreams but decided to deal with it and stay strong. Your comments have definitly put me at ease and I relay all to my fiance. We are sticking it through as you ladies have already done so.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×