Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Okay Ladies,

 

I was so stressing over our Engagement Session.  With FI being a bus driver for the major transportation system here, his schedule is RIDICIOULOUS  to say the least.  He's off for my birthday week April 3-9th and then again for a week in May.  So we were shooting for this time... well my Sorority Sister who I found out is a photographer, does AMAZING work and we were able to get her on the 9th (I'm going to have an awesome Birthday week).  The catch to all of this was, that I'm scheduled to get my braces on the 11th (yup I said braces, for 9 months) so time was definitely of the essence, as I will be staying far away from cameras once they are on msncry.gif  no worries now.. WHEW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing ours on April 10th!! Well...thats if the weather is nice enough. It tends to rain A LOT around here until about June. We might also push it back if that happens...and I'm thinking I would like some extra time to lose a little more weight...I am having the HARDEST time trying to figure out what to wear!

 

Just keep reminding yourself how BEAUTIFUL your teeth will be once the braces come off! I totally changes a person's looks! Yay!

 

Ladies make sure you post your E-pics! We all want to see them! cheesy.gif
 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Okay Ladies,

 

I was so stressing over our Engagement Session.  With FI being a bus driver for the major transportation system here, his schedule is RIDICIOULOUS  to say the least.  He's off for my birthday week April 3-9th and then again for a week in May.  So we were shooting for this time... well my Sorority Sister who I found out is a photographer, does AMAZING work and we were able to get her on the 9th (I'm going to have an awesome Birthday week).  The catch to all of this was, that I'm scheduled to get my braces on the 11th (yup I said braces, for 9 months) so time was definitely of the essence, as I will be staying far away from cameras once they are on msncry.gif  no worries now.. WHEW



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by merrylee View Post

My TA comes from destinationweddings.com as well, and she's not my first one.  I had to change because I didn't feel like the one I had knew anything about the MP.  Plus for me the TA becomes a part of my family because all of my guests will book through her, and I want to make sure that she can answer all of their questions.  


My new TA is awesome, and is very familiar with the MP.  My contract with MP has the promotion written into the contract for 2012 even though the haven't announced their 2012 promotions.  So I will get the benefits of this years promotion.

 

JL I would suggest emailing Amber Hughes about what you are experiencing and seeing if talking with her and changing TA"s could work for you or if it is even worth it to you.

 

I think in general TA's are either hit or miss, I wanted someone that knew my resort and the rules of said resort.  

 

 

 



Thank you so very much for the info! I didn't realize I could still use Destinations Weddings and request a different TA. My current TA, Forte, could not be any nicer but when I asked her about vendor referrals she could offer me in Cancun she didn't have any. She stated that she has many in Hawaii, however, that is of absolutely no relevance to me. As a matter of fact, that is how I came upon this site. Thanks to everyone here for being so well informed! I feel like we are all each other's biggest help and thanks also to previous MP brides for the great very detailed reviews. Do you know where your TA is located? Mine is in Los Angeles and I'm assuming that that's why I was partnered with her. If you would share your new TA's email I would be most grateful. Just out of curiosity was your previous Destination Weddings TA angry? Please tell me that you did not have to pay the $50.00 fee again. I'm sure that their commissions are affected but I would much rather refer a bride to my coworker who was more familiar with a particular resort property and hope that in the future she would return the favor. I couldn't agree with you more... I would like to be assigned to someone that truly knows the resort and rules of that particular property. It's frustrating and obvious by all of our many posts that we get so many different answers and that's just amongst ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SummerDawn and Coconoir - Those STD and Invites are amazingly beautiful!!!! WOW! Congratulations on impeccable taste! My STD s will definitely be much simpler and on a magnet, as this will be a second wedding for both me and my FI, but just seeing what you ladies have done makes me excited to see what else you ladies have in store. Your guests will definitely appreciate them! Again, Kudos on a great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by lilstar714 View Post

 

OMG i have been sitting around doing nothing for the past few weeks now i log on and u guys are all busy bees so jealous idk what to do.This might be a dumb question but Am i suppose to have a contract with my TA all she said was let me know when your ready for a room block. We havent done a room block because we have not even sent out our STD we are having a hard time figuring out who we really want to invite lol, plus we ordered some spanish STDs for some family members in mexico, Does anybody think we need another website set up in spanish or should we just translate everything on the same website? im confused :(. Is everyone contacting there WC though email i emailed mine about 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing grrrr

 

No, I don't think you need a contract with a TA. The only reason why I paid the $50.00 for Destination Weddings was that I was enticed by the fact that they would set up a website for me since, unlike many of you, I'm not quite as computer literate. Plus, I wasn't certain that all TA's would be willing to just do a deposit and monthly payments for the guests. My FI's family & friends haven't traveled much, so I figured that if I could already give them a contact it would be much easier for them. In regards to the website question - I would probably do a separate one, keeping the same format on both. I think it would make it look "neater" and more concise. Just my 2 cents. As for the Miami based WC, I have done both telephone messages and e-mails. The e-mail messages seem to be answered much quicker. I have yet to have my WC actually answer her phone, I've always had to leave a vm, but I will admit that she has always answered within 48 hrs. Emails seem to be answered the same day or early the following am.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies!

 

I was doing some research on BDW and on Del Sol, and I found a bunch of slide shows for weddings at MP! There are some great pics of the resort and just some great ceremony/reception/extras ideas! I posted them in the "photography options at Moon Palace". Here is the link!

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/64980/photography-options-at-moon-palace/20#post_1566138

 

Hope you can get some inspiration! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all you that are looking for a TA, don't forget that this website is actually run by a group of travel agents. They are always listed under featured sponsors. I think we can all agree that they probably have access to more information since they have this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Krsmith,

 

I totally didn't start my weight loss regimen yet and won't plan on doing so until Mid April.  I tend to loose pretty quick, so I'm pushing it off until 2 months before I go and say yes to the dress.  We are going to keep it simply with the outfits... and incorporate our wedding colors..he will wear a blue polo and jeans and I will wear a pink one with jeans.  I may find a pink, casual but sexy dress to change into for a few pics and depending on the weather he may add a blazer or a dress shirt.  But that's that.. 

 

Thanks for the pump on the teeth... everyone thinks i'm crazy and says "you have good teeth already what are you doing" but hey I'm getting married so hey why not ;-)

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

We are doing ours on April 10th!! Well...thats if the weather is nice enough. It tends to rain A LOT around here until about June. We might also push it back if that happens...and I'm thinking I would like some extra time to lose a little more weight...I am having the HARDEST time trying to figure out what to wear!

 

Just keep reminding yourself how BEAUTIFUL your teeth will be once the braces come off! I totally changes a person's looks! Yay!

 

Ladies make sure you post your E-pics! We all want to see them! cheesy.gif
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JLCarrera,

 

Thanks so much..my bridesmaids were crying and super excited.  I know my mom will carry it with her everyday to show random folks.  But Sarah from Sproullie designs is ABSOLUTELY amazing!!
 

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

SummerDawn and Coconoir - Those STD and Invites are amazingly beautiful!!!! WOW! Congratulations on impeccable taste! My STD s will definitely be much simpler and on a magnet, as this will be a second wedding for both me and my FI, but just seeing what you ladies have done makes me excited to see what else you ladies have in store. Your guests will definitely appreciate them! Again, Kudos on a great job!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

SummerDawn and Coconoir - Those STD and Invites are amazingly beautiful!!!! WOW! Congratulations on impeccable taste! My STD s will definitely be much simpler and on a magnet, as this will be a second wedding for both me and my FI, but just seeing what you ladies have done makes me excited to see what else you ladies have in store. Your guests will definitely appreciate them! Again, Kudos on a great job!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×