Photo

Real flowers vs. Not

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 knottoworry

knottoworry
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

Hi!  I actually do silk flower bouquets!  Plus i ship!

Check out my website at www.knottoworry.ca and my prices are listed on the front page!

Would love to help you!

Terry

Knot to Worry Bouquets

#22 ErinDoc

ErinDoc
    • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Having the girls bring their own is such a good idea!  I was definitely going to try to spread some things out, but I didn't think of specifically giving them their bouquets beforehand.  Thanks!

Erin & Bryan ~ 11.6.11 ~ IRHS, Jamaica

50 booked!!! .

#23 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
      • Site Supporter
      • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lua 

Hi there! :)

I've decided on going with fake flowers. My main reasoning is that the free bouquets offered with my resort aren't what I want and then I got to thinking - why spend a ton of $ for a real bouquet that I want but probably can't even really bring back home? So, I've recently orderd the flowers that I want from afloral.com and plan to make my own bouquet.I bought enough for my bouquet, FI's bout and some extras for decorations - all of that incl. hefty shipping to Canada came to $52 (the flowers before shipping were in the $30s). And let me tell you - they look AMAZING in person.

I hope to actually get my bouquet together after Christmas (things just suddenly got too busy) and I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done. I love DIY'ing so I figured how hard can it be to make a bouquet?

I tried putting together an order at afloral and they quoted me $110 for shipping to Calgary...how did you get your shipping for so cheap in Canada? I thought this might save a bit of money, but with that high of shipping, it doesn't look too good for me now..

#24 BeachBound2011

BeachBound2011
        • 82 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

I was absolutely, under no circumstances doing FAKE flowers at my wedding. .  .then I got quotes from various florists on the island!!!  Sooo...I thought maybe I should at least consider it lol. 

Being scared as I was, though, I ordered samples from Wedideas in the different types of flowers I was considering - we could not believe the quality when we got them.  No one believes me when I tell them they are fake flowers.  I keep them in decorative vases on my counter! 

We placed out order with Wedideas last night.  I got my bouquets, my MOH, BM, everyone's bout, and my mom's corsage.  I added bling and fancy ribbons and it was all still cheaper then what Hawaii's florists were quoting me!  The shipping from Florida (where they are) to Arizona was only $23 for everything.

I cannot wait to get my rose and plumeria bouquet!!!  I'm actually able to afford the flowers I want doing it this way!

#25 krsmith

krsmith
          • 528 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

I have been going back and forth with this also. I get my bouquet and my FI bout included with our package, but I won't get my other flowers through the resort...its INSANE what they are trying to charge people. I will either do real touch or call a florist out of the resort and have them deliver it as a "gift". The only problem with both options is with real touch I will have to bring them with along with ALL the other stuff I will have to try and fit in...and with getting them while I'm there, I will have to actually have to put them together when I get there (day of?). Decisions decisions...

#26 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
            • 109 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Got my flowers today from wedideas! I love them! I dont think anyone will know they are fake unless they really examine or touch them.

011216.jpg

#27 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
              • Banned
              • 206 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

ooh very pretty! 

~~ Lea ~~
                January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#28 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                • 718 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Banksnelson 

Got my flowers today from wedideas! I love them! I dont think anyone will know they are fake unless they really examine or touch them.

011216.jpg

Wow! The flowers look so so real. It's really nice! 

#29 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Love these!!

#30 BeachBound2011

BeachBound2011
                    • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

You got your's from the same company I'm using!!  I'm even more excited now!  I'm glad they came out so beautifully!  I get my pics March 15 and they'll be shipped on the 20th!  YEA!!

Originally Posted by Banksnelson 

011216.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users