Photo

Real flowers vs. Not

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 schmizer

schmizer
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

I have seen alot of posts about beautiful fake flowers.  

I really never considered the idea of doing fake flowers, but am now reconsidering.  It would be nice to be able to hang on to the bouquet for years to come!  And I am amazed at how realistic alot of them look.

How many people are doing fake flowers?  Real ones?

I am also curious how expensive fake bouquets are.

How would I go about getting in touch with someone that could design something like this?  We live in Wisconsin.

Thanks so much!

#2 Lua

Lua
    • 1,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

Hi there! :)

I've decided on going with fake flowers. My main reasoning is that the free bouquets offered with my resort aren't what I want and then I got to thinking - why spend a ton of $ for a real bouquet that I want but probably can't even really bring back home? So, I've recently orderd the flowers that I want from afloral.com and plan to make my own bouquet.I bought enough for my bouquet, FI's bout and some extras for decorations - all of that incl. hefty shipping to Canada came to $52 (the flowers before shipping were in the $30s). And let me tell you - they look AMAZING in person.

I hope to actually get my bouquet together after Christmas (things just suddenly got too busy) and I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done. I love DIY'ing so I figured how hard can it be to make a bouquet?

#3 schmizer

schmizer
      • 213 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

I love the idea of being able to bring my bouquet back home as a keepsake.  My mom still has her bouquet from her wedding (dried), but over the years it has started to fall apart.  It would be really cool to be able to keep a bouquet in pristine condition for years to come!

I wish I was crafty enough to put together my own bouquet!  Please post pics when you get it finished!

#4 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

I forgot to add - the other thing that helped sway my decision to go with fake is that i plan on using my bouquet as decoration at our AHR ... and then yes, i'll be able to have it looking pristine basically forever! :) 

I will definitely post pictures in the new year!

#5 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
          • Banned
          • 206 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

I decided on real touch (sounds so much nicer than "fake"!) because I was able to choose exactly what I wanted, keep them forever and it was so much cheaper than getting real ones in Jamaica.  I got 2 bouquet, 4 bouts, 2 wrist corsages and a hair flower for $235 plus shipping.  I used wedideas.com and would definitely recommend them.  Everyone I've showed them to in person cannot believe they're not real. 

Mine:

bouquet.JPG

MOH

MOH bouquet.JPG

~~ Lea ~~
            January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
            (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#6 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
            • 718 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:35 AM

I love the real ones. Those are great flower and I love calla lilies! 

#7 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
              • 923 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

I'm debating too....I always hate fake things but it would be easier, I wouldn't have to worry about the surprise...and I could keep it...but I can't find real touch in the colors/flowers I want....I'm also considering fabric flowers....so many choices!

#8 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                • 610 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

After getting pricing from the florist in Jamaica... definitely going with real touch flowers for bridesmaids and centerpieces!!!!!  My bouquet is included in my package, but I think I'm going to bring extra flowers to put in my bouquet.  Just got the okay from mom! LOL

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#9 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                  • 1,541 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

I'm doing real, because they are included in my package, but I decided to go with fake for my bridal party.  I am actually using the same kind of flowers Lua (above) purchased, just a different color.  They look amazing!  I purchased six flowers for three bouquets each, and paid a little over $80.  I was able to get them here at a local floral supplier, so I didn't have to pay for shipping.  I had actually brought one of the flowers (gerbera daisies) into the office to show a few girls, and everyone thought they were real!

Mrs*J*2011 - Where did you order your flowers from?  I have been looking for possible options for the calla lilies in the orange/red color, just like you have....  Oh, and you are right across the pond (Lake Champlain) from me! 

Married the love of my life in April!!

#10 proti007

proti007
                    • 467 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

I don't care how "real" real touch flowers look (they look very real!) there is nothing, nothing, NOTHING like fresh flowers... especially when you're having a DW!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users