Jan's Flowers-Quote

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 TMC81

TMC81
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Hi,

I am shopping around for flowers and decorations for my wedding at ROR in March.  I got quotes from Jan's as well as Tai Flora and Jan's was half the price.  Here is the quote from Jan's:

Bridal Bouquet - tropical with orchids - $45
    Matching for Groom -$10
    3 Bridesmaids - tropical using chrysanthemums and carnations - 3 @$35 =$105
    3 Groomsmen boutonnieres matching - 3@$8=$24
    Beach decoration with fabric, lights and lanterns =$450
    Delivery to RIU - $20
      I am just wondering why Jan's is so much cheaper, has anyone used them before?  If so, would you be able to post pictures??   Thanks, Tara

#2 BeachBride21

BeachBride21
    • 29 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

My understanding (based on this forum) is that Jan's is great to work with and their work is on the same level as Tai Flora.  However, ROR has a $200 vendor fee (I am getting married there late in February) so depending on the total quote, you may not be saving too much.  I am still trying to work on getting quotes from Jan's, Tai, and Shangri La (who they told me via email they are also contracted with).

Good luck deciding!

#3 mmcst38

mmcst38
      • 237 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Beachbride, are you saying that the Riu doesn't charge the vendor fee for Shangria La?

May 13, 2011
        Riu Resort
        Ochos Rios Jamaica

#4 booschmit

booschmit
        • 43 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

I was just  told this week via an email that both Tai Flora or Shangria- La  are contracted with the ROR and neither would have vendor fees. Keisha emailed this to me. Has anyone used Shangria-la? I just emailed them and they responded promptly...havent gotten any prices yet though.

#5 TMC81

TMC81
          • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Hey Booschmit,

I also got a quote from Shangria-La and they were pretty comperable in price with Tai Flora.  Here is the quote Shangria-La gave me:

Bridal Bouquet:  Handheld bouquet of Ivory roses, fuchsia mini calla lilies and green cymbidium orchids -$185

3 Bridesmaid bouquets:  My girls’ dresses are fuchsia, so something colorful would be nice.Suggestion;-fuschia calas, orange roses, and ivory roses -$110 each

3 Groomsmen + 2 fathers boutonnieres.Cala lilly-$25 each or Rose boutonniere-$12 each

2 corsages for mothers-cala pin cosarges-$25 each, wrist cosarge-$30

Gazebo D©cor:  If you could provide me with some suggestions here.3   arrangements  with cala lilies, roses & orchids $95 each

OPTION- 3 Arrangements with tropical flowers-$75 each

Chair Sashes:  50 fuchsia colored chair ties ($2.50 each)

Dinner   

Our dinner will be a T-shaped table.  Decorated with votive candles and a few cylinder vases with orchids and floating candlesTo provide the cylinders, votive holders and orchids will cost $30 / table,

To provide all mechanics for table plus flowers will cost $50

Beach Reception

We are having a beach party following our dinner.  I would like the beach decorated with fabric, lights and lanterns.  I found a picture, which I have included below…As shown in picture-$700

#6 blushedpink

blushedpink
            • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hi is this Janice March, she was my decorator and she was excellent

#7 catererbride

catererbride
              • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

I got a fab quote from Jans Flowers too...almost unbelievably reasonable and I liked the way she laid out her quote.

One lady (independent planner) quoted us $800 per table for flowers!!!! $6000 in total for all flowers...no surprises that we didn't go for that option.

Shangria quote above seems a little high too but I guess it's all relative depending on budget?

Best of luck!

#8 mekanabr

mekanabr
                • 537 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

I've received two different quotes from Jan's:

bridal bouquet- pink and orange dendrobium orchids - $50

Matching boutonnaire with orchids - $10

3 bridesmaids bouquets- pink/white/orange chrysanthemum, carnations - 3 @ $35=$105

3 boutonnieres to match for groomsmen - 3 @ $8= $24

Flowers for hair with orchids - Bride $15, bridesmaids 3 @ $10= $30

2 corsages for mothers with orchids - 2 @$12=$24

cake topper with orchids (pink & orange) - $15

Pink & orange centerpieces - low floral arrangements with candle centered - $40ea (client to provide own candle)

Delivery to Grand Bahia - $20

Then I asked for a few changes and this is what I received (mostly bc I didn't want mums and carnations)

Bridal Bouquet   - bouquet using a combination of white mini calla with                          $120.00

white cymbidium, pink dendrobium and orange mokara orchids

(bouquet to be done using mainly white with a hint of color)

GROOM              - matching boutonniere with calla lilly                                                      $  15.00 

Bridesmaid          - 1 bouquets using pink & orange roses with white         2@$50             $100.00

dendrobium orchids       

Bridesmaid         - 1 bouquet using orange roses, pink & white orchids with

Rolled tropical leaves

(BM bouquets to be done using mainly orange & pink with a hint of white)

Boutonniere        - 4 boutonniere for groomsmen & fathers using orchids4@$8               $  32.00

• Orchids for brides hair @ $15 plus four @ $10ea                                                      $  55.00

• Pink & orange orchids cascading on cake                                                                $  25.00

• Centrepieces using bunches of orange & pink dendrobium orchids                       $50.00ea

in small cylinder vase.                        

DELIVERY FEE                                              $20.00

Hope this helps :)  Btw: here is Jan's contact info-

Jan's Bridal & Flowers
                  Shop#25, Ocean Village Shopping Centre
                  Main Street Ocho Rios

St. Ann, J.W.I.

jansflowers@hotmail.com
                  Tel:  1876-974-9638 or 1876-850-9155

#9 weddingaway

weddingaway
                  • 196 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

Thanks to everyone for posting these price quotes!  It gives a good idea of what my floral budget will look like. 

I also wanted to mention that after reading wedding reviews, it seems that many resort won't charge a vendor fee for florists if they are just dropping off, and most resorts will set up the arrangements according to your plans so that is something to consider.

#10 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                    • 594 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

Definitely good to know. Thanks for posting ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users