Photo

How are you getting your OOT bags and favors to your destination?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 schmizer

schmizer
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hi there!  I am curious if most of you are shipping all of your OTT bag stuff or carrying it with you.  We are trying to budget right now for our OOT bags and are trying to figure out what will work best.

We are getting married in Maui and going directly to our honeymoon on Kauai, and I am worried about bringing too much stuff and what we will do with it since we don't want to be lugging it around.

Thanks!

#2 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
    • 186 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Our resort doesn't allow us to mail packages in advance:( If I decide to do OOT bags I will have to take an extra suitcase.  I'm debating whether to do it or not.

#3 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:07 AM

My resort also doesn't want me to ship anything - they do too many weddings to store boxes for multiple brides.  My plan is to take the OOT items in luggage - BUT I plan on taking the items in large duffle bags.  The items for my OOT bags will not be fragile, so no worries about breakage.  The great thing about duffle bags is that after they are emptied they can either by flattened and put at the bottom of your rolling suit case (so you are paying a 1-way extra luggage fee only), or if cheap enough can just be left behind in your destination. 

Hope that is an idea that will work for other brides as well.

#4 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
        • 899 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hadn't thought of that!!  Thanks for the great idea!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

My resort also doesn't want me to ship anything - they do too many weddings to store boxes for multiple brides.  My plan is to take the OOT items in luggage - BUT I plan on taking the items in large duffle bags.  The items for my OOT bags will not be fragile, so no worries about breakage.  The great thing about duffle bags is that after they are emptied they can either by flattened and put at the bottom of your rolling suit case (so you are paying a 1-way extra luggage fee only), or if cheap enough can just be left behind in your destination. 

Hope that is an idea that will work for other brides as well.

#5 schmizer

schmizer
          • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

I will have to check with our resort.  The duffel bag idea is a good one.  I really want to surprise our guests at our location with the OOT bags instead of giving them to them here.  I guess what we have to travel with will determine what we put in them!!

#6 missook

missook
            • 163 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

I also heard because of security, they no longer let you ship your packages over.  Check with your airlines, most airlines will let you check a bag for free for international flights.  That's what we will have to do.

#7 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
              • 206 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

Great tip with the duffel bag...I plan on making one more trip to the DW location before the wedding. My WC said I could leave some stuff with her. So I will probably bring stuff down on that trip as well as using the duffel bag idea...

#8 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

This is something I hadn't thought about when shopping for OOT bag things.  I think I will try to use some space in my FI suitcase (he is a light packer) to get all our things down there. 

#9 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
                • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

I've started to worry about this too and have decided that I will have my parents, sister, FI, and possibly FI's parents bring a 2nd person bag to check filled with everything for the OOT bags and reception decor.

#10 greatbritain

greatbritain
                  • 171 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

I am glad I am thinking about this now, pre purchasing everything. Now I can see what everyone else decides to do and hopefully work something out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users